Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    seems as if sprint is going to let all the other carriers test the first wave of devices before they take another plunge like they did with the original pre and all it's hardware issues. Which is smart, me having a sprint pre I really don't mind waiting to get a nice solid webos device. I'm due for an upgrade now but I'm really NOT interested in an android device. I'm not one of those little kiddies that need the latest and greatest tech and will go on these forums and gloat about it as if anyone cares
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbohsp View Post
    seems as if sprint is going to let all the other carriers test the first wave of devices before they take another plunge like they did with the original pre and all it's hardware issues. Which is smart, me having a sprint pre I really don't mind waiting to get a nice solid webos device. I'm due for an upgrade now but I'm really NOT interested in an android device. I'm not one of those little kiddies that need the latest and greatest tech and will go on these forums and gloat about it as if anyone cares
    Isn't it possible that instead of "little kiddies", a lot of switchers are just people who dealt with the original Pre "and all its hardware issues" as you so accurately noted above?
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    "Clear" is not exactly how I would describe the outlook of WebOS devices. Verizon's date hasn't been confirmed and in this thread, a Verizon employee says there has been no training on the device nor has it popped up in their inventory. Requests for info on Sprint were met with a "Go ask your carrier to carry us!" request that was this side of sad. AT&T was commented out of the Pre 2 page, so they may be a future carrier of the Pre 2, another product, or neither or both.

Aside from HP making SOME announcement at CES, little else is "clear".
    You don't think its clear?

Where in the World Is LĂ©o Apotheker? - NYTimes.com

Mr. Apotheker plans to go on a “listening tour” when he takes over the chief executive role on Nov. 1, according to an H.P. spokeswoman. Rather than starting out this tour at H.P.’s headquarters in Palo Alto, Calif., Mr. Apotheker will travel the world talking to H.P.’s employees and customers. He’s also still getting his affairs in order at his home in France.
    Palm had to release first in France so Leo could actually see a Pre in action.

I'm sure after his tour is over he'll outline a crystal clear strategy unlike anything you've seen before. If anyone can find him..
    That's not all. Oracle - still bitter over Hurd being fired - is apparently trying to implicate Apotheker in IP theft for some SAP nonsense. I don't think it will amount to much, but not much of an inspiration as far as leaders go.
    Isn't it possible that instead of "little kiddies", a lot of switchers are just people who dealt with the original Pre "and all its hardware issues" as you so accurately noted above?
    "little kiddies" as in the people who got an android and still hang around this site gloating about their new phone like a middle school kid. I actually feel sorry for them, must be a sadd life relying on outside influence in order to get inner fulfillment.
    "little kiddies" as in the people who got an android and still hang around this site gloating about their new phone like a middle school kid. I actually feel sorry for them, must be a sadd life relying on outside influence in order to get inner fulfillment.
    Wow...so much irony...I really don't know where to begin.

Suffice it to say, no one is obligated to "leave" a site if they switch to another device. I was here when it was TreoCentral, and I'll be here for the duration of PreCentral whether I have a Pre or not. If you wanna buy into the whole middle school "us vs. them" mentality, have at it, sir. I own an iOS, WebOS, and Android device. I may look into other platforms too. Don't really see the point if divisive nonsense like the above, but to each their own.
    Wow...so much irony...I really don't know where to begin.

Suffice it to say, no one is obligated to "leave" a site if they switch to another device. I was here when it was TreoCentral, and I'll be here for the duration of PreCentral whether I have a Pre or not. If you wanna buy into the whole middle school "us vs. them" mentality, have at it, sir. I own an iOS, WebOS, and Android device. I may look into other platforms too. Don't really see the point if divisive nonsense like the above, but to each their own.
    no, I don't buy into that.. Which was the entire point of that part of my post!
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    I'd rather not be in line at all for the Pre2. I'll stand in line when HP/Palm release a real device and not a very minor spec bump. Don't want to waste my upgrade on this. I'll wait and see what they unveil in January at CES (Hopefully in a 4G flavor).

I'm ready to throw some money at HP/Palm, if HP/Palm want it because it's burning a hole in my pocket.

I wonder if there will even be a line at all for the Pre 2's launch here in the states. For some reason I don't think so. I know for sure if it were to launch on Sprint; despite it not being the super phone that we hoped for, many would be online to get it on launch day. Especially those with a launch day Pre minus, who are dying for an upgrade.

I assume/hope that Verizon reps would be better trained and prepared to sell/market the Pre 2. However with Droid being their bread & butter, and now they have the iPad to sell as well, I'm worried at how well the Pre 2 will launch on Verizon.

If Canada's rummored $99 price point comes to Verizon as well, than maybe there will be a chance for a successful Pre 2 launch in the states.
    no, I don't buy into that.. Which was the entire point of that part of my post!
    Again...irony, sir. Irony.
    Again...irony, sir. Irony.
    sorry to have offended you, sir. It's just.. So much bull**** to sift through when I'm reading this site of people *****ing about how much the device sucks, takes away from the actual topic I'm trying to read up on
    Nothing wrong with being frustrated, jimbohsp, but I just think there are better ways to go about it than to make generalized complaints. Odds are the Android users who indeed come here just to gloat are laughing about having irritated you, and those who don't gloat are offended at being painted with such a wide brush.
    I believe in leaving the best for last. Obviously, we are a country to be reckon with.. Why not let the other guys pave the way for us, then the big man steps in.

Regards,
    this whole thread is about the 'us vs them' mentality lol

heaven forbid the u.s.a doesn't get something first while the rest of the world is always waiting

If you wanna buy into the whole middle school "us vs. them" mentality, have at it, sir. I own an iOS, WebOS, and Android device. I may look into other platforms too. Don't really see the point if divisive nonsense like the above, but to each their own.
    Quote Originally Posted by kjb86 View Post
    this whole thread is about the 'us vs them' mentality lol

heaven forbid the u.s.a doesn't get something first while the rest of the world is always waiting
    Isn't that what happens every July when Apple releases a new iPhone model? The US gets it first, while the rest of the world waits. How many remember the HTC HD phone which was released only in Europe?

I agree that it is pointless to care who gets what when. As long as we get the Pre 2 in a reasonable time frame. Not sure I'd be very happy knowing that a Pre2 is being released in the US when the rest of the world is getting the Pre4.
    yup. What's also pretty sad is when my own canadian company (RIM) delivers out the torch months before its own country can get it.

but tis the way she goes. At the end of the day its just a phone and if something like that takes over someones life.. Well.. Its time to re-evaluate what is actually important in life lol

Quote Originally Posted by neutron View Post
    Isn't that what happens every July when Apple releases a new iPhone model? The US gets it first, while the rest of the world waits. How many remember the HTC HD phone which was released only in Europe?

I agree that it is pointless to care who gets what when. As long as we get the Pre 2 in a reasonable time frame. Not sure I'd be very happy knowing that a Pre2 is being released in the US when the rest of the world is getting the Pre4.
    Here's a good reason and totally unrelated to cell phones in general.... While USA has revelled in the fact that they could buy a gallon of fuel for less than a dollar... Canada has had to pay the same or more for a litre for fuel. 3.78 litres to the gallon. In the 90's the approximate currency conversion was 66 cents to USD. I call this a sweet victory ...or maybe it has more "Olympic" proportions ....ie whoever took the gold hockey game gets the new Pre first? I don't know but I like it
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2˘ about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    Here's a good reason and totally unrelated to cell phones in general.... While USA has revelled in the fact that they could buy a gallon of fuel for less than a dollar... Canada has had to pay the same or more for a litre for fuel. 3.78 litres to the gallon. In the 90's the approximate currency conversion was 66 cents to USD. I call this a sweet victory ...or maybe it has more "Olympic" proportions ....ie whoever took the gold hockey game gets the new Pre first? I don't know but I like it
    Not sure I like the fact that the US Hockey teams have been in a little drought since winning the last gold medal. Might mean it could be awhile before we get another device first.
    Global Posts
    519 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by YankBoy View Post
    Already launched in France. Rumored to be released on 11/9 in Canada. Rumored to be released here in the States on 11/11.
    AT&T's first love is the iPhone. Everything else comes second. It's not about customer choice. It's about profits. The only competing phones are an Android with version 1.6 (Xperia) and the Samsung Captivate (no flash). The HTC Aria doesn't count, since it's specs are too similar to a Pixi.
    "And miles to go before I sleep..."
    Guitarist/Composer/Founder- Metal band-"DARK BLU"
    http://www.reverbnation.com/darkblu
    Global Posts
    519 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    I'm sure, in the case of HP Palm, it has to do with what the carriers want. They have their own schedules and strategies. The fact that US carriers are not the first to be involved probably means that the US carriers aren't too keen on the Pre 2 compared to whatever else they have coming over the next couple of months.

In the case of Sprint, they seem to attract and hang on to a lot of customers based on lower prices and other value incentives so they probably aren't too worried about people jumping ship, especially now that they have the EVO as their flagship smartphone.
    You make a good point about Sprint. If I were on Sprint, I never would've gotten a Pre in the first place. I'd have gotten an EVO. If There were any way for me to go with Sprint and cancel AT&T without a disconnect fee, I'd do it today, right now. It's just not economically feasible at the moment. It's an easy move for a current Sprint customer to bounce from the Pre to the EVO. Better Phone. Bigger screen. HDMI. More apps. There are no minuses to moving on from the original Pre user experience to an EVO. And that doesn't even include whenever HTC finally produces an EVO2. HPalm will have to compete with that too.
    Global Posts
    519 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    Obviously Palm doesn't have the inventory to meet demand if they launched first in the US. Their plan is to let the hype build a bit and then release it during the holiday season with an ad campaign unlike anything you've seen before.
    "Meet demand"?? Demand based on what "hype"? I've only seen two guys in this site express any interest in this Pre Plus +, and one of them had to be lying because there is really nothing impressive about it if you are on Sprint, have the original Pre, and haven't seen any of Sprint's EVO TV commercials.

"Hype"? The only hope of any "hype" being generated on the PRE Plus + is if no one has ever seen an iPhone 4, HTC EVO, or Droid X, 2, or Incredible commercials. By itself and barring any access to the Internet, TV, or Print media, the Pre 2 might be considered impressive in a third world country where there is no other Smartphone to compare it to, but in the rest of the world, I don't see any reason for any "hype" of any kind, no matter what HP spends on TV commercials for this Pre 2.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast