Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Hi. Long time reader, first time poster.

I've seen all the videos on this site about the features of WebOS2 and the Pre2 but I haven't seen anything regarding the video recording capabilities of this device. I think it does 720p video recording but at what FPS? What format are the videos saved in? I hope it's not saved in .mov format... Any improvement on the video recording app over 1.4.5?

Thanks.
    I don't think that many details have been released yet.
    Yeah, I havent heard. The Palm website even says this on the camera:

"5-megapixel camera with LED flash, extended depth of field, geotagging, and video capture"

Just "video capture." So I guess we have to wait on that. Maybe it will be HD.
    According to the specs from France, the Pre2 is not 720p. That will probably be the HD device that has been seen running around in the App logs (Roadrunner). It potentially could be unveiled in Jan at CES in Las Vegas.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Defintely not HD. It still records in the same frame rate as the previous model, which isn't a bad thing. HD recording is a gimmic anyway.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
    I don't think the Pre 2 will have anything special for video recording. We will have to wait to hear about these new devices and see what they do.

My Themes:CLICK HERE
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    HD recording wouldn't be a gimmick for me because I would actually use it to record things with the kids. You know those times when you don't have the camcorder or camera handy.

IMHO, 2011 is fast approaching and a smartphone of this caliber should have HD recording out of the box.

Anyway, when Rogers comes out with the Pre2, I'll go down there and check it out.

No HD recording and no autofocus might be a dealbreaker for me as it was with the Samsung Vibrant... no flash of any kind for the camera.
    Quote Originally Posted by ckl_88 View Post
    HD recording wouldn't be a gimmick for me because I would actually use it to record things with the kids. You know those times when you don't have the camcorder or camera handy.

IMHO, 2011 is fast approaching and a smartphone of this caliber should have HD recording out of the box.

Anyway, when Rogers comes out with the Pre2, I'll go down there and check it out.

No HD recording and no autofocus might be a dealbreaker for me as it was with the Samsung Vibrant... no flash of any kind for the camera.
    Extended depth of field usually means no auto-focus (Same as the current Pre behavior but now with 5mp). HD recording is not listed in the specs and it is usually a selling point if it were part of the device. Looks like you might be disappointed in the Pre2.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!