Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    ok, thanks.
    Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    Still makes me very sad to not have the zoomed out view of all cards. Especially for moving apps very far. This does sound very nice though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thead View Post
    Really? I'm no programmer but it just doesn't seem like it would be that difficult to me. It would be similar to a batch file on a pc but the only parameters would be open apps x, y, and z and then stack them together. If you say it's way more difficult than that then so be it. I didn't know. I was just hoping.
    No I was just joking - its something in human nature that we just keep pushing the boundaries.

I agree should be very possible and I'm sure someone will patch something if it not built in at some point.

Lets hope that's coming in webOS 2.1

Features please - lots more of them!
    ___
    My Palm PDA history: m130 > Tungsten T > Tungsten T|X > Pre 2 > HP Pre 3 (unlocked)
    My Mobile history: Nokia 5146 > 3110 > Samsung D900 > N73 > Nokia 6300 > Pre 2 (convergence!) > HP Pre 3
    My Tablet history: HP TouchPad 32Gb (model A - 1st gen)
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pyszora View Post
    i cant wait to have stacks
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    Cards that are launched from within an app automatically stack with that app. For example, a web link in TweetMe will launch the browser and stack automatically with TweetMe. But if I launch browser, then put it in card view and launch another browser, they do not stack.
    But what if ModeSwitcher launcher itself and then called the apps from itself and then closed at the end? I'm not sure about closing individual apps on stacks or how ModeSwitcher launches apps.

Which reminds me, are patches working on 2.0? We have a lot of patches from the browser and features in individual apps now that make crossapi calls to other apps. Would this make them launch in Stacks or would it be separate?
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    Should be fine when you launch an apps from an existing app so that it opens on stack (I.E. web browser), if an app is written for multiple cards then it would be down to how that app worked e.g. if it had some sort of master card but I don't think we've got to that scenario yet as its so new.

Certainly stacks makes your app space look much tidier with sensibly grouped apps together.

Not much patch wise works on webOS 2.x yet, I think sconix was the first to get something working but I haven't tried it yet.

Hopefully the community can catch-up and resolve the issues with existing apps and 2.x before the majority of users get moved over early next year - think thats why HP Palm is delaying the cascade to the early devices. The file management piece is the biggest inconvenience at the moment as some applications just don't work on 2.x.
    ___
    My Palm PDA history: m130 > Tungsten T > Tungsten T|X > Pre 2 > HP Pre 3 (unlocked)
    My Mobile history: Nokia 5146 > 3110 > Samsung D900 > N73 > Nokia 6300 > Pre 2 (convergence!) > HP Pre 3
    My Tablet history: HP TouchPad 32Gb (model A - 1st gen)
    Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lupos View Post
    Still makes me very sad to not have the zoomed out view of all cards. Especially for moving apps very far. This does sound very nice though.
    yeah me to I just got used to doing this because of the football season. I end up opening so many cards between fantasy football apps and espn cards of each game I'm most interested in. Then having a few different text messages opened to my brothers who live in kasas city during the chiefs games. I would arrange all my cards then use the zoomed out view to quickly move between apps as opposed to constantly swiping to get to where I want to go.
    I have added 54 cards into just one stack
    Quote Originally Posted by msdavies View Post
    No I was just joking - its something in human nature that we just keep pushing the boundaries.

I agree should be very possible and I'm sure someone will patch something if it not built in at some point.

Lets hope that's coming in webOS 2.1

Features please - lots more of them!
    I'm no dev, but I feel like this wouldn't have to be anything more than an app. You could set your own icons and what apps should launch when that "shortcut" is activated. Are apps allowed access to place an icon on the launcher?

I didn't use cards for the first 24 hours I had my Pre 2. I didn't realize how awesome they were until I was writing an email and received a text. I went to respond to the text and alas, when I got back, my email inbox and the message I was writing were stacked together. It was so seamless and natural with webOS, I didn't noticed when it happened. It's an amazing feature.
    ~Jhoove09
    Sprint|Palm Pre
    AT&T|Palm Pre 2
    Quit trolling and go buy an Android.
    My Twitter Account
    My Themes

Feel free to AIM or SKYPE me.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12