1.    #1  
    The latest Engagdet show features the Palm Pre 2 & webOS 2.0. It's definitely worth checking out, I think they gave a fair assessment of it.

I certainly hope HP/Palm put webOS on a device similar to the Dell Venue Pro (which is also featured on the show), that would be an Epic combination!

The Pre 2 is around the 32 min mark, in case you don't want to watch the whole show.

The Engadget Show - 014: Aaron Woodman, Windows Phone 7, Google TV, Macbook Airs, Palm Pre 2, Halloween Costumes, and more! -- Engadget
    Fairly decent review from guys who are not palm *******. Also the irony of the ad "brought to you by Sprint" popping up when I watched the video was not lost on me.
    the pre 2 looks pretty fast indeed, but compared to that wp7 phone this guy holds up it's kinda embarassing hardware-wise...
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartfah View Post
    The latest Engagdet show features the Palm Pre 2 & webOS 2.0. It's definitely worth checking out, I think they gave a fair assessment of it.

I certainly hope HP/Palm put webOS on a device similar to the Dell Venue Pro (which is also featured on the show), that would be an Epic combination!

The Pre 2 is around the 32 min mark, in case you don't want to watch the whole show.

The Engadget Show - 014: Aaron Woodman, Windows Phone 7, Google TV, Macbook Airs, Palm Pre 2, Halloween Costumes, and more! -- Engadget
    Thanks a lot.. I'll read anything that's associated with webos.
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    what surprising is how fast he moves... Switching applicatons and scrolling at a fast pace... It's almost as if he has a severe case of ADD.
    i agree with what he said about the pre2, the design is unacceptable but webos 2.0 is super fast. they really need to come out with a higher end device running it. if not it's end game for palm.
    Last edited by fixxxer1022; 10/25/2010 at 05:45 PM.
    x2 on what he said as well.

Palm/HP GET A CLUE.....

Dell Venue Pro with Webos would be the ideal Palm Pre 3... but of course that would be after releasing the Palm Pre 2 + (being sarcastic of course)

I take what i said back... Dell Venue Pro with Webos is what the Palm Pre 2 should of been.
    Well, guys, according to many people around here the next WebOS device can't possibly have a higher resolution because PDK apps are just too much work to make scale...

/sarcasm.
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    I agree with assessment on the video that HP went ahead and pushed out the Pre 2 with the intend for it to be the developer phone. Get a device out there with updated specs and webOS 2.0 for developers to start working their magic in advance of multiple (top of the line) webOS devices to come...
    Quote Originally Posted by xHunt3r View Post
    I agree with assessment on the video that HP went ahead and pushed out the Pre 2 with the intend for it to be the developer phone. Get a device out there with updated specs and webOS 2.0 for developers to start working their magic in advance of multiple (top of the line) webOS devices to come...
    This would make sense if it was available for developers to order now. It's not. They're simply being sold for this one obscure foreign carrier. So much for HP's scale and resources.

In any case, HP should be giving these away just as Google did through their "Seeding" program with the Droid and Nexus One (not to mention numerous developer conferences where those devices were freebies too).
    I agree with the assessment on the video that WebOS on the a Dell Venue Pro like device would be AMAZING!
    Just the speed alone makes me want to upgrade right now. Finally, webOS is catching up to, and even surpassing the responsiveness of Palm OS 5
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    It really looks fast - faster than Deiter's. Maybe that's because Deiter was actually using it for a while and has a bajillion emails, synergy accounts, apps, etc.

That OS on an overclocked dual-core processor could be multitasking madness!
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    This would make sense if it was available for developers to order now. It's not. They're simply being sold for this one obscure foreign carrier. So much for HP's scale and resources.

In any case, HP should be giving these away just as Google did through their "Seeding" program with the Droid and Nexus One (not to mention numerous developer conferences where those devices were freebies too).
    I thought they were shipping the phone to developers free.

Free Developer Devices start getting shipped out WebOS World
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike5 View Post

There could be no better reason to ship unlocked Pre 2 devices to developers for free.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike5 View Post

It's a start, but those are Pre Plus phones with webOS 1.4x not 2.0.