Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Top 10 smartphones to end 2010 | ZDNet

Coming in at #8, because, the author feels that "WebOS is the best OS out there"!

He states further that he didnt know if HP "ironed out the keyboard and hardware issues" - I suspect that when he gets a handset, if they are, he will raise the Pre 2's ranking!

iPhone4 was ranked #3, Evo was ranked #1.

"The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

A phone that's not yet available running an OS that's not yet available that is acknowledged as a phone whose predecessor had "keyboard and hardware issues" ranks as the 8th best phone (not yet) available in the market today. Truly an impressive phone.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    A phone that's not yet available running an OS that's not yet available that is acknowledged as a phone whose predecessor had "keyboard and hardware issues" ranks as the 8th best phone (not yet) available in the market today. Truly an impressive phone.
    Your statement makes no sense.

His caviat about the hardware was in there - if the hardware issues remain, Im sure he will revise his list accordingly, and if they are improved, Im sure he will revise his list accordingly, if needed.

His reason for placing it the top 10 for the rest of the year was because WebOS is the best OS out there [his opinion].

I see this as a very profound endorsement of the form factor and the OS - I am SURE that there will be those in the reviewing media who disagree, as well - everyone will have their own differernt preferences and priorities.

"The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

It remains to be seen whether or not Palm has worked out the quality issues with the keyboard and hardware, but I have to rank this new device in the top 10 because I think the webOS operating system may just be the best available today.
    That is exactly what we have been saying all along
    Pre 2 currently sits number 1 with 33%. Go vote if you haven't already.
    voted
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    I love that the Pre 2 is user voted as number 1. If that doesn't show that the percent of webOS users that really love their device (or OS) is far greater than any other OS then I don't know what does. With such a small market share, webOS should be poling a much smaller number.
    I voted
    Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    voted
    I love my Pre :P

Follow me on Twitter!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    Even funnier is that it's behind the Dell Venue Pro. I think they should retitle this "Top 10 Spec Sheets", because being a real, usable, and available device doesn't seem to be a major criterion.
    This is a little like saying the front-runner for president is the unborn child of a candidate that never won. I think I will wait to see how its ranked by people who have actually used it, rather than by people who just want it to be great.

I Personally think the Verizon iPhone wipes the floor with the Pre 2.
    Last edited by dandbj13; 10/26/2010 at 08:30 AM. Reason: addition
    Quote Originally Posted by dandbj13 View Post
    This is a little like saying the front-runner for president is the unborn child of a candidate that never won. I think I will wait to see how its ranked by people who have actually used it, rather than by people who just want it to be great.

I Personally think the Verizon iPhone wipes the floor with the Pre 2.
    iPhone 9 with the new Apple/HP WebOS 5.0, Tri-Retina holographic display, and octo-core A12 CPU/GPU combo smokes 'em all.

Oh, but it's a Cricket exclusive....
    I voted - At this point in time, the Pre 2 is at 37%! This is a full 12 percentage points above the second place phone (Evo) and a WHOPPING 28 percentage points ahead of the iPhone.
    Voted for Pre 2, based upon only WebOS phone released [at end of] 2010, so vote is mostly due to WebOS.

[i]-- Sent from my Palm PrPrPr

Edit: as I always say, hear what I meant, not what I said. =P
    Last edited by PrinceAlbert; 10/26/2010 at 09:33 AM.
    I see pandas.
    Are you guys kidding? There was a WebOS phone released in 2010, and unlike the Palm Pre 2, it's not being hidden away on one French carrier for a rinky-dink soft launch. Of course, it's already been EOLed by Verizon, but still...it was released this year.
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by warpdrive View Post
    I voted - At this point in time, the Pre 2 is at 37%! This is a full 12 percentage points above the second place phone (Evo) and a WHOPPING 28 percentage points ahead of the iPhone.
    Its probably because people that own iPhones own one because everyone else does... chances are they dont sit on tech sites lurking for polls to vote in. Sheeple in other words.

Same could be said with Droid now. They own one cause they have been told "its the best phone we carry" by several providers.

WebOS has more of a cult following.....and most of em live on this site... including me.

Oh ya and voted!
    "I will go in this way, but I'll find my own way out." -DMB

Dear Lord,
    Please grant me the ability to punch people in the face over standard TCP/IP.
    Amen.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Are you guys kidding? There was a WebOS phone released in 2010, and unlike the Palm Pre 2, it's not being hidden away on one French carrier for a rinky-dink soft launch. Of course, it's already been EOLed by Verizon, but still...it was released this year.
    They're not kidding, and there was not a new wOS phone released this year. You see, rewriting history is fun if you just give it a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Oh, but it's a Cricket exclusive....
    Who cares about the #2 carrier in the world. I'm waiting for it to hit the world's largest carrier: Virgin Mobile.
    Quote Originally Posted by dandbj13 View Post
    They're not kidding, and there was not a new wOS phone released this year. You see, rewriting history is fun if you just give it a chance.

Who cares about the #2 carrier in the world. I'm waiting for it to hit the world's largest carrier: Virgin Mobile.
    Pre + / Pixi + came out this year.
  19.    #19  
    I'm now SO sorry I ever posted this information, here.

It has turned into an ugly name calling, territory defending, spitting match where everyone thinks they are so much smarter than everyone else and "knows it all", sarcasm in tow, versus, just celebrating something nice that happened for Palm/WebOS from the media, for once.

Sheesh.

Those of you who did this know who you are, and you should all be ashamed of yourselves, seriously.

Last edited by jbg7474; 10/26/2010 at 08:16 PM. Reason: Quote deleted because quoted post was deleted

Global Posts
    354 Global Posts
    Just read it and is a very cool story. Specially the way he talks about WebOS!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast