Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Based on the Specifics It seems The new Pre 2 will be almost exactly as our Sprint Pre+ Hybrid phones once the 2.0 update comes out. Other than the Glass & the new door-less USB port.

I see no reason for the Sprint Pre + users to go out and get a new Pre 2 (unless they never release the 2.0 OTA update to us), we may as well just wait & see if a new WebOS device is in the near future.

does anyone else know any other reasons? It appears we would have the exact same phone with bad USB doors and plastic sceens, nothing else differs (so far)!!

For those of you that are unaware, before you start saying Sprint has no Pre+, I'm speaking of the converted Pre+'s link is here: Click here
    better and faster cpu, flat glass screen, no usb door.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    better and faster cpu, flat glass screen, no usb door.
    True but almost everyone that has a Sprint Pre+ converted has also overclocked already. I mentioned the other two in my post. I doubt seriously if those are good enough reasons to run out and buy a new device, but some my think so!

Thanks for bringing up the faster cpu as you say, it is supposed to be 1Ghz.
    I disagree with the part about.. Quote: I see no reason for the Sprint Pre + users to go out and get a new Pre 2 (unless they never release the 2.0 OTA update to us), we may as well just wait & see if a new WebOS device is in the near future. Quote End.. A lot of people would prefer a glass screen, a flatter surface, and the fact that the pre2 has an updated camera. I would love to just have a different phone period. I don't care how similar both phones are.. the pre2 without a doubt is an upgrade to the palm pre/plus phones.

Note:The name of the phone is the "Pre2" not palm pre2, or pre plus2.
    Last edited by RUSH; 10/25/2010 at 08:39 AM. Reason: correction.
    <<Thread Moved>>
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    does the pre 2 in france have 2.0 already
    Quote Originally Posted by drexaljim View Post
    does the pre 2 in france have 2.0 already
    Yes
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by RUSH View Post
    the pre2 has an updated camera.

Note:The name of the phone is the "Pre2" not palm pre2, or palm pre plus2.
    Right I forgot about the new 5megapixel camera.

not to be funny, but who called it a "plam pre 2"? I didn't see that in any of the aboved post
    Quote Originally Posted by bodyshop View Post
    Right I forgot about the new 5megapixel camera.

not to be funny, but who called it a "plam pre 2"? I didn't see that in any of the aboved post
    No, I'm not saying anyone does... Lol, you know what I mean > Pre plus.
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    I don't really get the 'but we already HAVE 1ghz' junk. First off, we already have 1.2g on some Pres. Second, there's a high chance (possibly now confirmed by a French review) that it's the TI OMAP 3630. Those will overclock to 1.5, 2ghz no problem with the help of the amazing Internals team. The Droid2 and DroidX just hit 2ghz, those overclocked speeds on the Pre2 will be mind-blowing. I'm calling it right here, right now. :]

Oh, and I don't wanna open up the battery life can of worms, but I'm sure it will be at least as good as stock Pre. I've run 1ghz since it's been out and since the Pre 2 runs that way, stock, it would be an improvement for me!
    Quote Originally Posted by azumak View Post
    I don't really get the 'but we already HAVE 1ghz' junk. First off, we already have 1.2g on some Pres. Second, there's a high chance (possibly now confirmed by a French review) that it's the TI OMAP 3630. Those will overclock to 1.5, 2ghz no problem with the help of the amazing Internals team. The Droid2 and DroidX just hit 2ghz, those overclocked speeds on the Pre2 will be mind-blowing. I'm calling it right here, right now. :]

Oh, and I don't wanna open up the battery life can of worms, but I'm sure it will be at least as good as stock Pre. I've run 1ghz since it's been out and since the Pre 2 runs that way, stock, it would be an improvement for me!
    Yeah, plus my Sprint Pre- can't go above 720 reliably, so I'd have to hazard a guess and say that not all Pres can hit 1GHz. EDIT: still waiting to get a Pre + and do the com swap.
    Nothing about this phone jumps out at me. My oc'd sprint pre+ is holding up just fine. Hope ces brings sprint something new tho. I researched phones other than palm for the first time in a decade. Scary

[i]-- Sent from my Palm PrPrPr
    My Sprint Pre- is doing just fine (Overclocked). I'd love more RAM and a better camera, but I'd love a new Palm phone that would kill the comp as well. Ill wait till next year =( Knowing my luck, I'd upgrade my phone and within 2-3 months the NEW Palm phone would come out.
    Glass screen, matt finish, 5mp camera, 1ghz OC'able to maybe 1.5 even 2ghz, TWICE the storage, TWICE the RAM , reportedly "nicer" keyboard

I think sprint customers do have a major upgrade here. **Verizon users not so much.**
    Treo 650 > HTC Mogul > HTC Touch Diamond > BB Curve > Palm PRE > HTC Evo + BB Bold
    Quote Originally Posted by giograves View Post
    I think sprint customers do have a major upgrade here. **Verizon users not so much.**
    Without a doubt... Without a doubt. Sweet!
    Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    question is tho... do you take the bone "Pre2" or hold out for a steak "RoadRunner"
    (or whatever)??
    Ħ╬čųβΔ
    Sent from my HTC Evo 4G
    Pre2 is the Roadrunner
    An Iphone walks into a bar with a Palm Pre on it's shoulder. The bartender looks up and says, "Hey, that's pretty cool, where can I get one of those?" and the Palm Pre says "Hipstertown, they're all over the place"
    Quote Originally Posted by badhairguy View Post
    Pre2 is the Roadrunner
    I concur.
    Quote Originally Posted by giograves View Post
    That's sort of why some of us are so so upset that we can't get it....
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    At this point I am pretty confident that Sprint has something better coming to Palm. Either that or they totally are ****ED at Palm.
    ...This programming stuff is actually addictive but really hard :/
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast