Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The problem here is until 2.0 is released for us lowly Pre-/Pre+ owners there is no overclock kernels for 2.0 on previous hardware.
    My fear is that the kernel devs will be working on Pre2 hardware and we will get pushed aside. So the Pre2 might be the only option for 1ghz+ on 2.0.
    I hope Im wrong but it will most certainly be a while before we see o/c kernels for Pre-/Pre+ running 2.0.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    I hope that we won't need it because Palm will have taken the time to optimize it for us, or else it would already have been released to U.S. carriers
    ...This programming stuff is actually addictive but really hard :/
    I think the internals guys have prob already been working on OC in 2.0 bc the sdk is already out for early devs.
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    have you seen mr. canuck asking for SFR owners to contact him? I think Palm is holding their cards close to their chest
    ...This programming stuff is actually addictive but really hard :/
    Quote Originally Posted by balkeee View Post
    I think the internals guys have prob already been working on OC in 2.0 bc the sdk is already out for early devs.
    nope. they need the 2.0 Doctor AND the source code. neither is available yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by bodyshop View Post
    True but almost everyone that has a Sprint Pre+ converted has also overclocked already. I mentioned the other two in my post. I doubt seriously if those are good enough reasons to run out and buy a new device, but some my think so!

Thanks for bringing up the faster cpu as you say, it is supposed to be 1Ghz.
    Double true.

Now what's your battery life like with that 1GHz OC'ed Pre??

The answer to that question is the reason I'll be buying a Pre 2... and the fact that they made the transflective screen even MORE transflective --> HP Palm Pre 2 and webOS 2.0 hands-on Live Photo Gallery

The day I can't see my phone in direct sunlight is the day I'll know that Palm is officially dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Rkguy View Post
    At this point I am pretty confident that Sprint has something better coming to Palm. Either that or they totally are ****ED at Palm.
    agreed! you also have to remember that this is the year of android, those droid phones sell like hotcakes on sprint.
    RAM: Pre+ @ 166MHz Vs. Pre2 @ 200MHz, so the RAM is faster too which leads me to believe system bus is faster as well.... could be wrong on the system bus though.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12