1.    #1  
    Im considering purchasing a Palm Pre 2 for use in the UK. Do you think i would have any major issues?

Could anyone give me some advice regarding this?

Cheers
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    careful about the app catalog. Not sure how well that goes when going between currencies. Also, I guess you'd have to make sure it's unlocked.
    [twitter]_____[blog]______[im]__
    For now: Nexus One | iPad 2
    When avail. in Aus: Pre3 16GB | Touchpad 16GB

This is a forum for WebOS enthusiasts. It is not a place for negative rants about Palm, HP or WebOS.
    Criticism is important but so is a positive environment. Remember, we're here because we love WebOS.
    It will have an AZERTY keyboard.
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    oh yeah! kinda the most important thing lol. I forgot about that.

Tho on the software end, there are patches to make it qwerty.

This is a forum for WebOS enthusiasts. It is not a place for negative rants about Palm, HP or WebOS.
    Criticism is important but so is a positive environment. Remember, we're here because we love WebOS.
    Quote Originally Posted by bennish View Post

I fired up preware immediately as I saw this comment, but no patches to apply a qwerty layout on an azerty layout... where did you see those? (which feed)?
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    hmm... maybe it was the qwertz. I know that rob from webosinternals had a big guide on it a while ago. It may not be a patch per se, but require slightly more hackery. I'm CERTAIN there's a guide around here.

(Sorry I'm not very helpful!)

Quote Originally Posted by bennish View Post

You'll need Rod to update Meta-Doctor to support 2.0 first.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
  8.    #8  
    I read if it was activated in UK it would associate itself with UK market app place etc.

Later on i cannot imagine it being too difficult to swap the keys to be in the correct places...?
    coming in UK soonhttp://www.expansys.com/palm-pre-2-205345/
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    coming in UK soonhttp://www.expansys.com/palm-pre-2-205345/
    I called exspansys today and asked about this. But they said they didn't know anything about any release date, and that it was hard to get a hold of it. I also see that they haven't released the Pre Plus yet, so it might just be a PRPRPR $stunt$ $or$ $something$ $like$ $that$.=(