1.    #1  
    Well since the main thing that sold the pre's and pixi's on verizon was Free MHS, I wonder what the approach will be with MHS because since just about every android phone coming out has it but for about $40 a month, I guess we will see. Any thoughts?
    Quote Originally Posted by manordwall View Post
    Well since the main thing that sold the pre's and pixi's on verizon was Free MHS, I wonder what the approach will be with MHS because since just about every android phone coming out has it but for about $40 a month, I guess we will see. Any thoughts?
    I never heard of MHS. Could you clarify?
    Quote Originally Posted by RUSH View Post
    I think the OP meant Mobile Hotspot.(MH)
    I've always seen Mobile Hot Spot referred to as "MHS" here on the forums.
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    Quote Originally Posted by manordwall View Post
    Do verizon give their customers mobile hotspot free of charge? I think having MS would be another great selling point for the pre2.
    Quote Originally Posted by RUSH View Post
    Do verizon give their customers mobile hotspot free of charge? I think having MS would be another great selling point for the pre2.
    Yes, MHS is free for current webOS devices. This could easily change with the Pre2 though...
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    Thanks for the clarification!

Verizon charges $20/month in addition to the standard data plan for 3Gb of data. That would give you 5Gb for the phone, plus 3 Gb for the MHS. In contrast, mobile broadband connect, say for Blackberry, costs an additional $35/month and permits up to 5Gb.
    Global Posts
    224 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by neutron View Post
    Thanks for the clarification!

Verizon charges $20/month in addition to the standard data plan for 3Gb of data. That would give you 5Gb for the phone, plus 3 Gb for the MHS. In contrast, mobile broadband connect, say for Blackberry, costs an additional $35/month and permits up to 5Gb.
    i just recently signed a contract with verizon (3 months ago) for my pre plus and they DO NOT charge anything for 5gb of mhs per month and i've used it right up to the 5gb mark every month so far and no extra charge on my 29.99 unlimited data plan .... the rep did tell me that they USED to charge extra but now its free
    yea it's free just signed a contract this past monday can use up to 5gb a month
    to be clear, verizon doesn't have a limit on data usage from the phone (email, web browsing, gmaps, etc)

the 5mb limit is specifically for data usage from PCs connected through the hotspot (MHS).

the Pre Plus is the only phone with MHS that doesn't charge for it. They charge for it on the droids that have it.

I predict they will charge for it on the Pre2, but it's only a guess. It would be a nice bone to throw palm to also include it on the pre2.
    We should also note that the Pre Plus on Verizon was the first phone to have this capability built-in and sanctioned by the carrier. This was the big reason why Steve Wozniak said the Pre Plus on Verizon was the best companion to an iPad (or something along those lines).
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Global Posts
    2,155 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    the Pre Plus is the only phone with MHS that doesn't charge for it.
    and the Pixi Plus