Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1.    #1  
    I thought webos 2.0 was gunna introduce voice recording?
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by juavez707 View Post
    I thought webos 2.0 was gunna introduce voice recording?
    I didn't read anything to that sort... I might be wrong though.
  3. #3  
    It brought mic API's so third parties will be able to make voice recorder apps. It's silly that the Pre2 does not have a native voicedial are recorder app but that's how it's always been. There is a homebrew app called zcorder that works as a voice recorder.
  4. jdod's Avatar
    Posts
    874 Posts
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    #4  
    The zcorder dev has been silent on this issue. I use zcorder now for normal recording of surrounding sounds, works mostly ok, though there are at times a few bugs in it's operation.

    I hope the dev or a different one will take advantage of the mic api quickly.
  5. #5  
    Unbelievably sad if the Pre2 still doesn't come with a voice recorder when you can pickup $10 prepaid phones that all have the function. Sad, beyond sad.
  6.    #6  
    /\/\/\

    thats what im saying! i hope we see apps like shazam and hopefully the 2.0 update will bring them to the older pres...
  7. #7  
    umm....where do you buy a $10 cell phone? c'mon I must of told you a million times to quit exaggerating
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  8. #8  
    Agreed. Numerous instances I managed to develop a cure for cancer while commuting to work, but did not have a voice recorder to log my thoughts. And I did not have voice dial to conveniently tell someone about it.

    If only webOS has a native voice recorder. The world would be a better place.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    umm....where do you buy a $10 cell phone? c'mon I must of told you a million times to quit exaggerating
    all the time on att.com you can pickup $10 candybars
  10. #10  
    wow....nothing like that this side of the border..
    THIS LG 230 SimpleFlip is the cheapest I could find this side of the border....$59.99.
    7-11 Speak out phones $59.99
    found this one too... pretty sad considering our dollar is almost at par with yours.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  11. #11  
    Ugh, lame. I really want voice commands for dialing people when I'm driving. How dumb is it to have a Touchstone which is just great for handsfree display...AND THEN STILL HAVE TO USE YOUR HANDS? Palm is dropping the ball all over the place, sorry.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
  12. #12  
    I heard on the Palmcast (not sure which one so dont ask) that Palm is moving more towards giving devs the tools to create apps rather than wasting valuable resources creating apps (native or otherwise).
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

    If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

    Follow the link below.


  13. #13  
    mic recording is possible in 2.0, I think "notes" will have a built in functionalitty
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by jdod View Post
    The zcorder dev has been silent on this issue. I use zcorder now for normal recording of surrounding sounds, works mostly ok, though there are at times a few bugs in it's operation.

    I hope the dev or a different one will take advantage of the mic api quickly.
    Well one would think that the zcorder dev would update the app to use the new documented api's and submit it to the catalog. Similar to how DanPLC will be able to submit his app now that the media indexer is released.
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by abegee View Post
    mic recording is possible in 2.0, I think "notes" will have a built in functionalitty
    Got a source for that bit of info? That's the first time I've heard that one.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
  16. #16  
    which part do you need a source for?
  17. #17  
    Palm should focus all their resources in standarizing API, optimizing them and making sure developers can use them to the max. Developers are the ones who should be making the apps we all want. Otherwise development will be very limited. I seriously don't see why people are complaining about Palm not making a voice recorder app for WebOS 2.0 when the APIs are there for anybody to make one.
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by abegee View Post
    which part do you need a source for?
    That Notes would have built-in functionality. That was new to me.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    I heard on the Palmcast (not sure which one so dont ask) that Palm is moving more towards giving devs the tools to create apps rather than wasting valuable resources creating apps (native or otherwise).
    Which one?

    [i]-- Sent from my Palm PrPrPr

Posting Permissions