Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Now, when it comes to the Pre 2, I love it, the design is fine, I actually like it alot, and the keyboard should be a little better. The thing that has me annoyed the most about the Palm Pre is simply the display. The plus is that it is now glass. It's the display, 3.1 inches is fine by me, not perfect, I would prefer the 3.5 inch screen that is on the Nokia N900, that is my ideal size. Also, the resolution. 320x480 was a nice and sleek display in 2007. We're approaching 2011 quickly. I would expect a 800x480 display for the Pre 2, at least to get on par with the current level smartphones. Do you agree?
    You and I both. Its a nice phone and would be great if we could get it on sprint. But oh well I'm sure there are more to come.
    Yes. That's why they better have something to show at CES and in all probability will.
  4.    #4  
    Yeah, I do hope HP will utilise webOS well on bigger displays. I would like a 4 inch webOS device, that would be enough to drop the physical keyboard for me.
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    keep in mind it's smaller. So when it comes to actual pixels per inch, it's not as bad as it seems.

but yes, i was hoping for an htc android phone kinda res at least.
    [twitter]_____[blog]______[im]__
    For now: Nexus One | iPad 2
    When avail. in Aus: Pre3 16GB | Touchpad 16GB

This is a forum for WebOS enthusiasts. It is not a place for negative rants about Palm, HP or WebOS.
    Criticism is important but so is a positive environment. Remember, we're here because we love WebOS.
    The resolution/pixel density is the only reservation I have about the Pre 2. I'd still buy it if I had the option, but I'd buy it even quicker if the resolution was higher hahaha
    How is this going to be sufficient when there are 4.3 inch screens out on the market??
    not everyone wants a netbook in their pockets. .. And I am sure palm had no other choice about the screen. . . The pre is the only phone I know of that uses a 3.1 inch screen
    What is the fascination with larger screens, and the automatic assumption that they are better? Better how, and for what? The 3.1 inch screen on my Pre has never been too small for me. I liken it to the stereotypical obsession with larger cars- i.e. I want the v-8 or v-10 full size pickup vs the v-6 toyota. Does the person haul things for a living? probably not, but it becomes status over function. I love the sleek appearance of my Pre, and the portrait physical keyboard. I need better functionality/durability, which the Pre 2 seems to provide, even if Sprint has chosen not to offer it.
    i get tired of zooming on the screen. larger screen and webos gets my vote. i would be ok with 3.5 if they can some how keep the pre form factor but no larger than 4" on a slab. the dell venue pro would be idea
    The Pre 2 is not the next big thing from HP Palm. It's the spec bump that Palm could afford before the takeover. I'm looking forward with optimism to what the first HP Palm phone will be.
    why try and keep up with the Droids? just because there is a phone with a 4.3 screen doesnt mean it is the best thing out there. going by that logic then why arent you all over the 5" one. you can have the 4.3 or 4.5 or 5
    The pre is great because i can easily fit it in my pocket.
    All those huge slabs people are lugging around and holding up to their ears just look ridiculous.

I love the form factor, the screen is fine, and keep in mind larger screens have an adverse effect on battery life.
    I believe if we get a 3.5" inch screen... then we would want a 4" inch screen next-and so forth. Maybe palm stick with this screen and resolution size for a reason. They might change everything in their future devices.(IMO)

[i]--post from my palm pre
    It's the same as with the digital cameras. Most people think, a 6MP camera is good, a 8MP is better and with a 12MP camera i can make the best photos out there. It's not the camera that "makes" the photos, it's the photograph.
    Same on Pre, the phone doesn't get better or worse if you've a Droid screen size, it's a phone, that should fit in my pocket. I'm sure if some vendor announces a 5" phone than every1 will have a 5.2" phone...

At least for me the 3.1" are perfect, it's so tiny and fits perfectly in my pocket.
    Quote Originally Posted by xylos555 View Post
    What is the fascination with larger screens, and the automatic assumption that they are better? Better how, and for what? The 3.1 inch screen on my Pre has never been too small for me. I liken it to the stereotypical obsession with larger cars- i.e. I want the v-8 or v-10 full size pickup vs the v-6 toyota. Does the person haul things for a living? probably not, but it becomes status over function. I love the sleek appearance of my Pre, and the portrait physical keyboard. I need better functionality/durability, which the Pre 2 seems to provide, even if Sprint has chosen not to offer it.
    Yeah! Heck, why do people watch HDTVs either? I mean, the picture still works on my analog TV from 7 years ago. What's the big deal with these freaks demanding superior picture quality and clarity? Why did we even switch to color TV in the first place?
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Yeah! Heck, why do people watch HDTVs either? I mean, the picture still works on my analog TV from 7 years ago. What's the big deal with these freaks demanding superior picture quality and clarity? Why did we even switch to color TV in the first place?
    Bad comparison:
    Is the content in the move is better only because it is in HD? It's the same movie just with another resolution.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Also, it's so important to watch a full hd movie in a 25 inches 1080p?

People here is talking about screen resolution and screen size. In a 4 inches screen that 800x480 resolution is important, not so much in 3.1 inches.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta
    Newness Developments apps:

Quote Originally Posted by urig View Post
    The pre is great because i can easily fit it in my pocket.
    All those huge slabs people are lugging around and holding up to their ears just look ridiculous.

I love the form factor, the screen is fine, and keep in mind larger screens have an adverse effect on battery life.
    Well, aside from almost none of that being necessarily true, you have a point. If you can't fit an EVO, Droid, or Epic easily into your pants pockets, you are either:

A) The GEICO Gecko
    B) Wee-Man
    C) The "tiny hands" guy from the Burger King commercials

Aside from that, you're golden. Each is easily held with one hand, with virtual keyboard typing, games and pinching and zooming typically being the only things that require both hands. Each of the above devices are also rated for higher battery talk and standby time than the Pre, BTW.
    Quote Originally Posted by rretsiem View Post
    Bad comparison:
    Is the content in the move is better only because it is in HD? It's the same movie just with another resolution.
    Is the content better because it's in color? Or on a movie screen in a cinema? Why not just watch all TV and films on phones or tablets? Why did we ever develop sound beyond mono?

That's the logic at work here.

It's one thing to say that a technological advancement has no personal meaning, but to say that it has no value to the content whatsoever is just silly.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast