Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    ...if Sprint finally does decide to release the Pre2 by the end of the year.

and heres why:

It is human nature, to always want what you cant get. The grass is always greener is a term that comes to mind. When people are told "you cant have something" it means that they want it even more.

I honestly think, that if Palm and HP had announced that the Pre2 was coming to Sprint in their press release, there would have been a "we want the super device on Sprint!" and "the Palm Pre 2 isnt that great" reaction on Sprint.

But, because they were told that they couldnt have it on Sprint, and Palm told Sprint users that it was Sprints fault, there was a huge uprising on facebook and generally the internet to desire the Pre2 on Sprint.

It seems that by saying to Sprint users "you cant have the Pre2" it made them want it even more.

Now, this only works in Palms favour if Sprint quickly gets their act together and decides to carry the Pre2.

Either this was by mistake, or Palms new marketing team are geniuses (ehh probably a mistake...)

But I think IF the Pre2 does get released on Sprint, it will turn out to be better received than if the Pre2 was just announced to be coming to Sprint in the press release.
    what ever gets ya threw the night dude,, Atleast your theory is positive,,to much negitives going around lately. To me,,sprint is waiting for next 4g device running webos.
    Do you really think the Pre 2 wasn't being marketed to Sprint, back in the Palm days? They rejected it. Maybe now they'll regret their decision? Umm, maybe. But as long as their users go to Evo on Sprint rather than ATT/iPhone or Verizon/Pre2, Sprint will feel they made the right choice.
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
    Yeah you might be on to something but i wouldn't take the outcry on facebook to seriously because i bet that half those people wouldn't get a pre2 anyway and just want to show support for webOS.

2 camps right now, those that would use their upgrade on a pre 2 and the other camp that wont.

I do happen to be in the "I want a Pre 2" camp, but everyone else wants an EVO with webOS running on it.
    Treo 650 > HTC Mogul > HTC Touch Diamond > BB Curve > Palm PRE > HTC Evo + BB Bold
    My honest guess? Sprint blames Palm for crappy marketing and poor build quality which has impacted not only Sprint's reputation, but their market share. The Palm Pre was supposed to counter the iPhone, but at launch it had no video recording, no voice functionality, and no application support.

The APIs were severely lacking, and Palm desperately needed revenue coming in from sales to continue quick development, but the EPIC marketing failure which was the freaky powder white anorexic woman made sure people weren't interested.

As the first couple months rolled by, it became clear webOS was far from where it should be, and the app support became embarrassing and users started jumping ship. Rumors of more polished Android devices on Verizon's Network sealed Palm's fate on Sprint.

Now, Sprint is enjoying excellent results from Android systems, why should they go back to webOS? The Pre 2? It's outdated for a top of the line phone, and Sprint wants to push top of the line phones that people will stick with so Sprint's market share can grow and their reputation as a leader in the mobile industry can flourish.
    Or maybe it's good because the delay is due to Sprint's version being a 4G, OMAP 4 and IPS LCD phone.

If you believe this rumor:
    http://forums.precentral.net/future-...dmap-palm.html
    Quote Originally Posted by rmausser View Post
    ...if Sprint finally does decide to release the Pre2 by the end of the year.

and heres why:

It is human nature, to always want what you cant get. The grass is always greener is a term that comes to mind. When people are told "you cant have something" it means that they want it even more.

I honestly think, that if Palm and HP had announced that the Pre2 was coming to Sprint in their press release, there would have been a "we want the super device on Sprint!" and "the Palm Pre 2 isnt that great" reaction on Sprint.

But, because they were told that they couldnt have it on Sprint, and Palm told Sprint users that it was Sprints fault, there was a huge uprising on facebook and generally the internet to desire the Pre2 on Sprint.

It seems that by saying to Sprint users "you cant have the Pre2" it made them want it even more.

Now, this only works in Palms favour if Sprint quickly gets their act together and decides to carry the Pre2.

Either this was by mistake, or Palms new marketing team are geniuses (ehh probably a mistake...)

But I think IF the Pre2 does get released on Sprint, it will turn out to be better received than if the Pre2 was just announced to be coming to Sprint in the press release.
    I agree. People always want what they can't have. & if the Pre 2 would have been announced on Sprint, we would have been bombarding HP/Palm's FB fan page instead of Sprint's, demanding a next gen superdevice. Oh well, atleast we will get the 2.0 update. Hopefully that will hold us over until we get new hardware.

[i]-- Sent from my Palm PrPrPr
    Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    what ever gets ya threw the night dude,, Atleast your theory is positive,,to much negitives going around lately. To me,,sprint is waiting for next 4g device running webos.
    This, sprint doesn't want the craptastic pre 2. They want a 4g webos superphone like the evo.
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilKell View Post
    My honest guess? Sprint blames Palm for crappy marketing and poor build quality which has impacted not only Sprint's reputation, but their market share.
    Palm was not responsible for marketing, Sprint was and promoted it very poorly
    Poor build quality, yes Palm's fault.
    I personally think that the decision was made not to carry the Pre2 by Sprint due to the fact that this is just a spec bumped Pre, and the original Pre was so shoddy that they spent untold hours dealing with the returns and repairs. Repackaging a phone that did not live up to expectations the first time around doesn’t seem like a recipe for success, no matter how killer the OS inside. Reverse psychology won’t work if it is a product that is not necessarily going to sell many units to begin with, but there may be a chance! I certainly hope that the phone that Sood said would wow us is still in the pipeline, and that Sprint will be among the first to offer it.
    Sprint just release two NON-4G android phones in the last two weeks.

Sanyo Zio and the Samsung Intercept.

I'm going to repeat this again, because people seem to not have any idea:

Sprint just release two NON-4G android phones in the last two weeks.

Let's stop trying to suggest that 4g has anything to do with this.

This is the EXACT reason why Sprint isn't carrying the Pre 2 right now:

Quote Originally Posted by dalebert54 View Post
    I personally think that the decision was made not to carry the Pre2 by Sprint due to the fact that this is just a spec bumped Pre, and the original Pre was so shoddy that they spent untold hours dealing with the returns and repairs. Repackaging a phone that did not live up to expectations the first time around doesn’t seem like a recipe for success, no matter how killer the OS inside.
    Last edited by Mattykinsx; 10/22/2010 at 05:43 PM.
    I will just buy a Verizon Pre 2 and with a little CDMA workshop magic all will be good
    Sprint Palm Pre/Verizon Pre Plus On Sprint/Sprint Pixi Hybrid with WIFI
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    Palm was not responsible for marketing, Sprint was and promoted it very poorly
    Poor build quality, yes Palm's fault.
    On the other hand, get serious. The creepy over-exposed, anorexic, albino looking woman was PALM. Not Sprint. Palm is responsible for marketing the Pre to mainstream users. Sprint's responsibility may have been to market the Pre to customers walking into Sprint's stores or existing Sprint customers, but it was absolutely Palm's job to make people actually want a Pre to go to the Sprint store in the first place.

Palm, NOT Sprint Commercial 1.

Palm, NOT Sprint Commercial 2

Palm, NOT Sprint Commercial 3

Palm, NOT Sprint Commerical 4

If you can say ANY of those commercials is even remotely in the same league as the iPhone or Motorola DROID spots, you should definitely never consider marketing as a career.

I had numerous friends comment on how creepy the Palm commercials were, and they weren't even shopping for phones. Palm marketing was the worst I have ever seen for a mainstream device. Ever.
    I don't get how the Pre 2 is just a spec bump.

How much different are other phones over their predecessor? This last iPhone was the first to really change the design a bit from the first. Its the software baked inside that generally differentiated the iPhones and most blackberrys and maybe some extra storage.

But people get catching a titty attack. Give me a break.

I do agree they need webOS on a few different form factors. But the "spec bumped" pre 2 argument seems silly when most phones do the same.
    Treo 650 > HTC Mogul > HTC Touch Diamond > BB Curve > Palm PRE > HTC Evo + BB Bold
    Palm should atleast say they have a great device on sprint early next year. If they do have ssid device in the works. Secrecy only hurts right now. Same dumb palm if true.

-- Sent from my Palm Pixi using Forums Beta

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    Quote Originally Posted by gitit20 View Post
    I will just buy a Verizon Pre 2 and with a little CDMA workshop magic all will be good
    Is that essentially the same routine people are using to get their Sprint Pre "plussed" ?
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    i dunno man i also talked to sprint today when i went to buy a car charger for my pre. the tech guy there is a friend of mine and a webos fan. he said they will not be getting the pre2 at all, nor any webos phone this year. same with wp7. they have alot of new android devices coming, possibly even the desire hd. i played with the epic and transform today and those phones blow the pre away IMO. i love my pre but im seriously considering getting one pretty soon.
    If Sprint knows what's good for their business, they should practice what they preach "We are here to please our customers" Yea right! Many sprint customers wrote comments letting sprint know how much they want - need the pre2 on their FB page, and they haven't even bother to answer. Sprint you reap what you sow.
    Quote Originally Posted by RUSH View Post
    If Sprint knows what's good for their business, they should practice what they preach "We are here to please our customers" Yea right! Many sprint customers wrote comments letting sprint know how much they want - need the pre2 on their FB page, and they haven't even bother to answer. Sprint you reap what you sow.
    yeah well sprint may not care much about their customers but they still have the best unbeatable prices around. they won't loose too many customers over this move. besides the fact android is there top seller right now. they aren't even going to carry a cdma wp7 version until spring/summer 2011.
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    I did not catch this in any report but is the Pre2 going to be 4G capable?
    I'm holding out for Sprint to carry it as well but not looking forward to an extra $10 charge for a service I probably wont use much.. .
    Everybody wants some!..
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast