Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote.. i doubt they will release the pre2 with those outdated specs in 2011. i do know it's not coming this year at all. Quote End. On the plus side, specs of the phone are rumored to include a 1Ghz processor and 512 MB RAM. In addition, the new phone will use a glass touchscreen as opposed to the plastic screen on the older Palm Pre. These modifications bring the flagship Palm phone up to 2010 standards and into 2011. If the pre2 is outdated then so is android and iphone... and a lot more.
    Quote Originally Posted by RUSH View Post
    Quote.. i doubt they will release the pre2 with those outdated specs in 2011. i do know it's not coming this year at all. Quote End. On the plus side, specs of the phone are rumored to include a 1Ghz processor and 512 MB RAM. In addition, the new phone will use a glass touchscreen as opposed to the plastic screen on the older Palm Pre. These modifications bring the flagship Palm phone up to 2010 standards and into 2011. If the pre2 is outdated then so is android and iphone... and a lot more.
    Well, there's the matter of it not having:

- A high resolution like 800x480 or 960x640
    - 720p video recording
    - A front-facing camera
    - A compass
    - A screen size comparable to today's high end phones

That's just where the hardware is lacking. As Engadget - one of the VERY FEW places that have not only constantly been approving of WebOS, but bothered to fully review this rather soft, stealth launch of the Pre 2 and WebOS 2.0 - put it:

The Pre 2 is nice, but it's not cutting edge, and it doesn't hold a candle to the iPhone 4 or G2. If Palm wants to survive in this game -- let alone truly compete -- it needs to push killer hardware into the marketplace now. The faithful are dwindling, and the smartphone race is getting more crowded every day -- webOS 2.0 is a big improvement, but if this and the Pre 2 are Palm's hail mary, they just lost the game.
    first off to fixxx whatever you have no confermation on nothing, like none of us so if you THINK no one even sprint is not getting the Pre 2 then state so as a opinion, otherwise don't state what are obviously not facts at this point. If you do have facts, or a rumor please state so, or provide information like a link. Please people unless you have insider information, or a rumor that we can take with a grain of salt stop stating that you know what someone is getting, and not getting.
    Just say Hp|Palm give us a super high end device. The phone that satisfies and fulfill our everyday needs ~ Then what would we be looking for after that? Something better than that.. Right? Lets face it... our thirst for the most outstanding device is unquenchable.
    Quote Originally Posted by fixxxer1022 View Post
    what are you talking about? sprint IS NOT getting the pre2.
    Hence the word wish. I also wish I had x-ray vision and could fly like Superman, I can almost guarantee that is not on the horizon either.

I wasn't stating a fact, but a desire that sprint allow Palm to commission a sprint version of the Pre 2, even if it was an online only ordering option so that they only ordered phones that have actually sold, instead of committing to buying x amount of units that may or may not leave the shelf.

Anyway, since they are not supposed to get the Pre 2, I took my beloved 16 month old pre to sprint today, and they gave me a refurb for free. This should hold me over to whatever the next palm device is on sprint, or until the end of my contract, whichever comes first.

RIP Sukiyaki's pre. June 19th 2009-October 24th, 2010. You served me well and gave me many hours of enjoyment.
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sukiyaki View Post
    RIP Sukiyaki's pre. June 19th 2009-October 24th, 2010. You served me well and gave me many hours of enjoyment.
    It's all because of you,
    I'm feeling sad and blue
    You went away,
    Now my life is just a rainy day and I love you so,
    How much you'll never know
    You've gone away and left me lonely.

Sorry, couldn't resist.
    Quote Originally Posted by RUSH View Post
    Just say Hp|Palm give us a super high end device. The phone that satisfies and fulfill our everyday needs ~ Then what would we be looking for after that? Something better than that.. Right? Lets face it... our thirst for the most outstanding device is unquenchable.
    This.

All the while the other 80 percent of the world are fine with their "dumbphones"

I see how we got to this point. PRICE. Once upon a time the high end phones even under subsidy cost 5-600 bucks. Now everything is 200 so no such thing as "best smartphone for your budget" anymore

[i]-- Sent from my Palm PrPrPr
    Treo 650 > HTC Mogul > HTC Touch Diamond > BB Curve > Palm PRE > HTC Evo + BB Bold
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123