Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I find it hard to believe that while the Palm Pre 2 is on sale today on SFR, not a single gadget site has been able to officially review the unit? Everything I've read disclaims that the hardware is a pre-production developer unit.

That being said, are the French being offered only pre-production units? Why couldn't Palm reps show up at the Engadget meet-up with real production units?

I'm waiting for Paul Harvey to tell us the rest of this story!
    I'm thinking that what's been reviewed so far has been very close to the SFR units. I'm guessing most tech sites will wait until a US version is available.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    I'm thinking that what's been reviewed so far has been very close to the SFR units. I'm guessing most tech sites will wait until a US version is available.
    I've seen sites review other phones not destined for the US.

Perhaps the Pre 2 headed to the US market is different enough that they don't review the SFR bound unit now?
    many sites got preproduction units. the most interesting thing is 2.0, not the hardware IMHO.
    I think Palm is using SFR like they did Sprint to iron out the kinks in WebOS 2.0. Then for CES next year HP will unveil it's new "HPWebOS" to the world and seem to be the savior of WebOS (which they are). HP is a world name and many people are confident in there products and will use that to there advantage when marketing WebOS. I think right now no one trusts Palm due to not having a world device and fumbling the introducing WebOS properly.
    Apparently SFR and Palm wanted to release the Pre2 as soon as humanly possible, because in some freak accident the Pre was selling really well on SFR and they wanted to continue the good sales.
  7.    #7  
    Getting thanked by Dieter has only furthered my suspicions. My guess is some big news is on its way sooner CES.
    hmmm hopefully you're right
    Quote Originally Posted by jodoan1 View Post
    Getting thanked by Dieter has only furthered my suspicions. My guess is some big news is on its way sooner CES.
    I concur...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne173 View Post
    I think Palm is using SFR like they did Sprint to iron out the kinks in WebOS 2.0. Then for CES next year HP will unveil it's new "HPWebOS" to the world and seem to be the savior of WebOS (which they are). HP is a world name and many people are confident in there products and will use that to there advantage when marketing WebOS. I think right now no one trusts Palm due to not having a world device and fumbling the introducing WebOS properly.
    I totally agree. Palm didn't introduce WebOS into the world correctly. However, they were on their last limb and they probably couldn't hire the right people to advertise their product. Hopefully HP truly believes in WebOS and will advertise it enough to get it in the hands of millions. And if it is priced right, people will buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by rmausser View Post
    Apparently SFR and Palm wanted to release the Pre2 as soon as humanly possible, because in some freak accident the Pre was selling really well on SFR and they wanted to continue the good sales.
    Thats almost funny.
    Quote Originally Posted by rmausser View Post
    because most European people aren't typical sheep like in North America. That's why Symbian and Nokia sell so well because people actually buy a phone based on what their needs are and what it can do for them, not because what their friend has and want to compare apps with each other so they can be "cool"
    This is what I think, they introduced webOS 2.0 early as evidenced by lask of "exhibitionism" .... you know the touchstone display for ONE app. I think the big reason was Dion and Ben were leaving and palm wanted some good and 'please keep waiting we are almost there' news before Ben and Dion left. Otherwise why would they rush a pre pre-production (pun intended) of the webOS and hardware that is not being released for sometime in other countries.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jodoan1 View Post
    Funny and hopefully true.
    A: The release of the phone is not big news in France.
    Quote Originally Posted by stung View Post
    A: The release of the phone is not big news in France.
    You're right, this is big news in France:
    Navigating the strike: a traveller's survival guide (Oct. 24)
    and
    One in four petrol stations 'dry' as school holidays begin
    and
    US under pressure in wake of 'shocking' WikiLeaks report

enjoy
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    It is weird. As far as I can tell no one on the internet has actually purchased a Pre 2 and talked about it.
    so iz can have HP super phone before CES?!!? Me want!!!
    Maybe they don't speak English?
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    <<Thread Renamed>>
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    I read two reviews of the Palm Pre 2 from French sites. And they talked about the hardware as well. I used google to translate the pages plus a little of my own french knowledge (i'm from Canada).

here's some links...I think they are of the actual phones (not preproduction) but I could be wrong.

Google Translate

Google Translate
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast