Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    It says the "The pace of the RAM was increased to 166 Mhz 200Mhz cons on the Palm Pre Plus." What is the pace or speed of the RAM?
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    The article says it is running 1) 512 MB RAM at 200 MHz
    2) Plus the processor is: TI OMAP 3630
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by bradleyj View Post
    I read two reviews of the Palm Pre 2 from French sites. And they talked about the hardware as well. I used google to translate the pages plus a little of my own french knowledge (i'm from Canada).

here's some links...I think they are of the actual phones (not preproduction) but I could be wrong.

Google Translate

Google Translate
    I really like the verdict of the 2nd review regarding battery life! (google translation)
    Significantly improved battery life

As proof, the battery of the Pre 2 is, like the Pre Plus, limited to 1150 mAh. But while the autonomy of the latter was poor, that of his successor proved very satisfactory: 6 h 50 min in communication, 5 hours 15 minutes surfing the web with 3G and a little more than 5 h Video playback, versus 4 h 30 min, 2 h 50 min and 3 h before.
    these review were surprisingly not bad at all!
    the french sure seem to like the pre/webos (and so do i)
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    Maybe they don't speak English?
    Lol, more people speak English in France than in the USA.
    What I'm waiting to hear is whether the comm boards are the same. I'll take a NA GSM comm board from an unlocked AT&T Pre + and drop it into an SFR Pre 2 as fast as I can get my hands on one if that's the case.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    What I'm waiting to hear is whether the comm boards are the same. I'll take a NA GSM comm board from an unlocked AT&T Pre + and drop it into an SFR Pre 2 as fast as I can get my hands on one if that's the case.
    You gonna be cool with using an AZERTY keyboard? :P
    Quote Originally Posted by nbmatt View Post
    A keyboard swap is the same level of difficulty as a comms board swap.

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post

-- Rod
    But, unless I'm mistaken and the keyboard is its own component, wouldn't that be essentially like swapping the entire back case?
    But, unless I'm mistaken and the keyboard is its own component, wouldn't that be essentially like swapping the entire back case?
    Search for my Pre teardown thread.

-- Rod
    For the keyboard, couldn't you just swap the rubber buttons and load an American rom? I think the keyboard mechanism is the same, the only difference would be how the os interprets what the third button on the top row for instance. Or am I mistaken?
    iPhone 4s 64gb for personal, at&t Prē 3 for business. Best of both worlds.
    Quote Originally Posted by fernandez21 View Post
    For the keyboard, couldn't you just swap the rubber buttons and load an American rom? I think the keyboard mechanism is the same, the only difference would be how the os interprets what the third button on the top row for instance. Or am I mistaken?
    Search for my Pre keyboard swap thread.

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post

-- Rod
    I'm fine doing a comm board and a keyboard swap if necessary. Not a problem.

Of course if the discounted developer Pre 2 devices become available before someone can validate that the comm boards are interchangable, then this discussion becomes moot.

Edit: Now we have the Rogers Pre 2 which will have a QWERTY KB and a North American Comm board. Looks like it'll be either an unlock solution for the Pre 2, or a comm board swap from a Pre + if possible in order to use this one on AT&T. If so, skip the keyboard swap.
    Last edited by TopTongueBarry; 10/27/2010 at 02:53 PM.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
  14. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,474 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kjb86 View Post
    because most European people aren't typical sheep like in North America. That's why Symbian and Nokia sell so well because people actually buy a phone based on what their needs are and what it can do for them, not because what their friend has and want to compare apps with each other so they can be "cool"

What does it add to the conversation to put in such a childish dig? If you want to go down that road, the iphone has been a massive success in Europe and as far as I can determine, SFR is a fluke and the palm has bombed everywhere else. Does that know make most of Europe sheep in your eyes?
    If those battery life numbers are correct - that is a huge improvement - huge. I'm actually shocked by it. Almost 2x the battery life for video and 3G surfing with the same battery - wow. I'm happy with that.
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    Of course if the discounted developer Pre 2 devices become available before someone can validate that the comm boards are interchangable, then this discussion becomes moot.
    I disagree! I would like to know if the comm boards are interchangeable because I'd like a Sprint Pre 2. Regardless of Sprint's decision to support the phone.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12