Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #1  
    the palm pre's battery life sucks. It doesn't even last a work day. How do we know the palm pre 2 is going to be any better? I would get an iphone or blackberry torch, but I have hundreds of notes and there is no easy way to transfer them. Can someone assure me that the palm pre 2 will have improved battery life????
    Yes, the battery will last for a week with light use, and 3 days with heavy, non-stop use. Everything is peaches.
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, “I don't need to drink to have fun.” Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
    what I don't understand is why hp won't install the mugen 1400 battery rather than the standard 1150.
    it fits in the form factor without adding bulk.
    I'm not a battery expert but I can't figure out why.
    perhaps someone has some insight?
    Quote Originally Posted by mtrades View Post
    the palm pre's battery life sucks. It doesn't even last a work day. How do we know the palm pre 2 is going to be any better? I would get an iphone or blackberry torch, but I have hundreds of notes and there is no easy way to transfer them. Can someone assure me that the palm pre 2 will have improved battery life????
    How can we assure you... when the phone isn't publicly out yet. I can assure you... that you'll see result posted up here on how good, or bad battery life is on the pre2.
    Quote Originally Posted by MDsmartphone View Post
    what I don't understand is why hp won't install the mugen 1400 battery rather than the standard 1150.
    it fits in the form factor without adding bulk.
    I'm not a battery expert but I can't figure out why.
    perhaps someone has some insight?
    Because while OEM batteries are clocking in at right around the promised rating, third-party batteries.. aren’t.

Deception in Advertising? – Aftermarket Battery Ratings « Blue Ridge Wireless
    I can assure you that Palm is always looking to improve battery life and get the most out of the battery, however I can also assure you that not everyone will be happy with the battery life.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    i assure the OP that if he gets an extended battery, he will get extended battery life.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    So has any mention been made as to better battery life? I've looked some and I am hoping maybe I just overlooked that info. lol
    You overlooked it. lol
    Most importantly......Has anyone looked at the slider?...is it better?...Everyone is too involved with 1ghz and they forgot that the Pre's slider is terrible.
    You missed that as well.
    According to the Palm website, it's listed as the sameas the Pre+.

Verizon CDMA
    Pre+: 5.5 talk, 350 stby (Link)
    Pre2; 5.5 talk, 350 stby (Link)
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    You missed that as well.
    Hahaha...I sure did! Enlighten me.
    Talk time and standby time are only important if you spend a lot of time talking or leaving your phone untouched in a drawer all day. It doesn't take into account any other usage like web browsing, listening to music, checking email, etc.
    You didn't miss anything. It is the same crappy battery that we currently have. I've already made a thread expressing how I feel about this tragedy.

[i]-- Sent from my Palm PrPrPr
    I cannot believe it is the same battery, that just seems ridiculous. I for one will not buy another Palm phone until the battery life is sorted out. I love my Pre but the battery life is just unacceptale.
    What people forgetting is that although the two phones have the same talk time and idle numbers, one operates on 500mHz while the other on 1gHz. this tells me that the new processor is better on power, so the phone has a better battery consumption.
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    HP isn't trying to push this phone to its limits. The hardware in the Pre2 would be pretty cheap after 1.5 years or so of 5MP cameras, 3630's, 320x480 px screens and 1150 mAh batteries. They're trying to ride the Christmas gift wave, maybe getting the word of HP webOS a bit further [to those not wholeheartedly dedicated to their current OS (like us)] in the process.

With these specs as a mid-range device it'll do pretty well at spreading the word. As long as the slider holds out for more than 6 months. And as long as it's priced as a mid-range smartphone.
    Quote Originally Posted by htabbach View Post
    What people forgetting is that although the two phones have the same talk time and idle numbers, one operates on 500mHz while the other on 1gHz. this tells me that the new processor is better on power, so the phone has a better battery consumption.
    So to make sure I understand, Palm took a phone with a wholly inadequate battery life and put in a CPU with the same net power consumption rate and left the battery the same size? Is Palm now the only division at HP with no engineers in it?
    From Dieter (@backlon) on Twitter today at about 4pm EDT:
    One week in I am pretty sure Palm has done something magical to improve standby battery life on webOS 2.0
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast