Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree1Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pnitsuj View Post
    My settings are actually lower than on my pre minus - for example I turned email down to ever 5 mins instead of as it arrives.
    Unless you get emails every 5 minutes or so, checking email "every 5 minutes" burns power faster than "as it arrives". I gather there's some relatively efficient way to tell the gadget when there's a new email, so it doesn't do a full sync unless there's something to download, or something like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by puzzlegal View Post
    Unless you get emails every 5 minutes or so, checking email "every 5 minutes" burns power faster than "as it arrives". I gather there's some relatively efficient way to tell the gadget when there's a new email, so it doesn't do a full sync unless there's something to download, or something like that.
    That's interesting, I did not know that. Thanks! Problem is I backed it off mostly because when I leave it on "as it arrives" it invariably stops retrieving email a couple hours later. Haven't tried after doctoring so I'll go with that for a while. Also didn't realize there was a setting for turning off wifi when sleeping, will go with that too. Just a bad experience with the pre 2 - hoping 2.1 will be a savior... Also looking forward to the 9th and getting off att asap!!
    Quote Originally Posted by mtrades View Post
    the palm pre's battery life sucks. It doesn't even last a work day. How do we know the palm pre 2 is going to be any better? I would get an iphone or blackberry torch, but I have hundreds of notes and there is no easy way to transfer them. Can someone assure me that the palm pre 2 will have improved battery life????
    Go to the mugen website and buy a third party battery for the Pre that is 1400mah for 30 bucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sim-1 View Post
    No problem with the original charger... no clue for the touchstone as I've never used one.
    does anyone know if the Mugen 1500 battery works with the regular back and the touchstone?
    Quote Originally Posted by treogolfer View Post
    does anyone know if the Mugen 1500 battery works with the regular back and the touchstone?
    The mugen 1400mAh battery works with the regular back and TS since it has the exact same size as the oem
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    The mugen 1400mAh battery works with the regular back and TS since it has the exact same size as the oem
    sorry but before I order, it does not list Pre Plus. It does work with the Pre plus right?
    I don't have a plus but all I know is: yes it fits.
    And use that:
    Special Offer for precentral users:
    use PIXISPECIAL coupon code for 7% Discount and Free Shipping worldwide!
    I don't think the battery capacity is the main cause here. Other smartphones like iPhone 3GS and some Android phones have similar capacity but are capable to run for a full day of heavy use before needing to charge again.

The issue here is the OS is using up too much power even when idle. I did a test by putting into airplane mode and checked with and without batter meter running; the battery dropped 30% after just 6 hours. That's 5% per hour.

I'm planning to doctor and test with minimal apps and set to manual update for cloud data but i think HP need to look into making background apps use less resource.
    Hmmm, that's interesting. I have the Pre minus, from Sprint, and when I took it on vacation to a place with no data service, I put it into airplane mode and just used it as an alarm clock (except for making two phone calls, but both times I turned it back to "airplane" when I was done.)

It lasted the full week of my vacation without being charged. I forget whether that was before or after I got the 260 Seido battery.
    Concur - my Pre2's battery life is not good at all - but so I hear the Android Phones also are very poor. Mine definitely does not last a day and I'm planning on having a charger at work as well as at home - and I've done everything recommended to save it's life (dimming display - everything...).
    My battery life sucks also. With 2.0.1 it was better than with 2.1 ... but both versions are bad. I hope that HP/Palm get to this with 3.0 (i don't think so because its just optimized for tablets) and the pre3 has a better battery. If not i'll try a blackberry instead... maybe thats right for me...

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345