Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    Just a suggestion for people that don't need emails checking themselves all the time to get much better battery time. Everyone uses there phones differently

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta
    there are several out there
    just to say.... I used my Pre2 for 4 weeks now.

And I have to say: battery live is _significantly_ better than with the Pre+. Same settings, nearly double the battery life.

I get through the day without any problems, with 1 hour surfing, writing 20 sms, phoneing 2 hours, using apps 1 hour.
    And I still have 40-50% left after 12 hours of usage.

I am very pleased with that....! :-)
    pre2 has ondemandtcl as well as working smartreflex. Add reduced logging (avail via preware) and you'll have a phone with pretty darn good battery life
    My Palm Pre2 battery won't last one day with normal use. I even tried turning off WiFi when I'm outside the broadcast area, dropping my screen brightness to the dimmest, still dismal runtime.
    At least I can charge it at work as well.
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    The only way to make it through the day for me is by using a Mugen 1500 battery. I have push mail active and receive around 20-30 calls a day + 30 SMS (and 40 emails on average).

It changed my life with Pre 2. With standard battery after 7 hours I had to swap phones...

Do yourself a favour and buy one of these:

Palm Pre 2 - PalmOne
    I love the fat 2300 battery. I only wish it worked with the touchstone. Not because I need the touchstone to charge during the day, but because it was a terrific stand. Also, I'd like the nifty new display mode.
    This guy returned his Pre2 do to battery life.

HP Palm Pre 2 (CDMA) Forum (Phone Scoop)
    Quote Originally Posted by kinster02 View Post
    This guy returned his Pre2 do to battery life.

HP Palm Pre 2 (CDMA) Forum (Phone Scoop)
    Random commenter guy really isn't the best source lol... I'd like to see some actual data.

Sent from my HTC HD2 using Tapatalk
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Random commenter guy really isn't the best source lol... I'd like to see some actual data.

But....but, why not?!?

Sent from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    But....but, why not?!?

Sent from my eVo
    Missing too many details. Did he have a ton of automatic synching going on? Was he in a poor coverage area? Did he give the battery at least a few days to settle in?

Missing too many details. Did he have a ton of automatic synching going on? Was he in a poor coverage area? Did he give the battery at least a few days to settle in?

ROFL! It wasn't a serious question.

Sent from my eVo
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    ROFL! It wasn't a serious question.

Sent from my eVo
    Kinda figured that, but decided to answer anyway in case anyone else was wondering... Lol

Kinda figured that, but decided to answer anyway in case anyone else was wondering... Lol

Good point, some do take anything posted online as gospel.

Sent from my eVo
    i dont consider myself as a heavy user. its a phone. the holy grail for me is idle time. when i need it, i need it for a short time and do not do hours of surfing or music or video or gaming (i mean when i do sometimes i dont mind recharging it sooner or errh instantly) but i want it to be available for a long time.

but this "normal" usage includes definitely imap idle (or whatever push messaging) for me.

so while its completely usual for a 2g plain no-data cellphone to standby for several days and still receive text and calls "pushed" in real time (no it didnt collect incoming texts and calls every 15 minutes) it still is huge of a science to build 2g or 3g data protocol layers to act somewhat similar.

for me the question is, how economic can the cpu init an imap idle request and go to sleep until it receives a response or do the next request when the first timed out. if this going to sleep thing has delays involved and i sync to say 4 accounts that will develop individual roundtrip timings, i ll get very bad performance because in fact it will never really stop doing something.

actually i am syncing to 4 imap idle accounts and 1 exchange push, doing calls for like half an hour a day and mostly reply several emails and receive and read between 20 and 40 a day when they arrive and some texting with my gsm pre minus on 2g only and running uk screenstate 250/800 it lasts

about 30 hours (stock battery).

but my longterm aim is getting like 4 days out of webos like i did with my nokia e66.

so... how good does the pre2 idle? data on. push email. no apps that keep it from ideling constantly. no all day surfing etc. no sitting in a car or other bad coverage area all day long.

i am very curious about it and hopefully i ll find out myself soon
    I have just bought a Palm Pre 2. The slider is much better than my old Palm Pre (I never had a Pre+). I have no idea how long the slider will last, but it feels much better, more robust. The battery life is better, but anyone who says it will last more than 24hrs with even light use is not using my Palm Pre 2, which lasts, with very little use at all, about 12 hours (which is better than my Palm Pre) using the standard battery. So buy a nice, compact, extendible, USB charging lead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sim-1 View Post
    The only way to make it through the day for me is by using a Mugen 1500 battery. I have push mail active and receive around 20-30 calls a day + 30 SMS (and 40 emails on average).

It changed my life with Pre 2. With standard battery after 7 hours I had to swap phones...

Do yourself a favour and buy one of these:

Palm Pre 2 - PalmOne
    Question...does it work well with the original touchstone and carcharger ?
    I've found my battery life with the pre 2 to be much worse than my pre minus. I'm lucky to get through a Friday night without it dying (touchstones at home and work so i can charge it all day long). I haven't gotten around to installing preware yet but I plan to shortly and will underclock it - back to my trusty 800/500 screenstate. Hopefully that will help. I doctored it the other day just to be sure nothing was wildly wrong, didn't help. My settings are actually lower than on my pre minus - for example I turned email down to ever 5 mins instead of as it arrives. Fortunately I have a spare battery, unfortunately I can't leve home without it...
    On my Pre 2 (2 months old), I see a huge difference in battery drain with or without wifi enabled. If I turn off GPS and WiFi (and leave 2G/3G on), it will go from 100% to maybe 95% during the night (8 hours), which I think is excellent. If I leave WiFi on, it will maybe drop to 60% or less... (did not enable "turn off wifi when sleeping")

I know it's supposed to be better to use wifi than 3G, but at least when not in use, I see a huge benefit of turning off wifi.

Does anyone know WTH the phone is doing all through the night? Does it run more background operations when it sees a wifi connection available, or is there something wrong with my wifi-router at home (Dlink DIR-655)? I did also try restarting the phone before leaving it off, to be sure no apps are running/hanging in the background. And I have manual updates of both Exchange, Gmail and Facebook accounts.
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rmjanzen View Post
    Question...does it work well with the original touchstone and carcharger ?
    No problem with the original charger... no clue for the touchstone as I've never used one.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast