Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MDsmartphone View Post
    what I don't understand is why hp won't install the mugen 1400 battery rather than the standard 1150.
    it fits in the form factor without adding bulk.
    I'm not a battery expert but I can't figure out why.
    perhaps someone has some insight?
    the mugen and seido ones are frequently lower than their rated capacity.

But yes, one would think they could do a 1st party 1350 instead of an 1150.

(seriously, if you're using a mugen, try using the pre one for a while, get it conditioned - mine FLOGGED a seidio 1350)
    [twitter]_____[blog]______[im]__
    For now: Nexus One | iPad 2
    When avail. in Aus: Pre3 16GB | Touchpad 16GB

This is a forum for WebOS enthusiasts. It is not a place for negative rants about Palm, HP or WebOS.
    Criticism is important but so is a positive environment. Remember, we're here because we love WebOS.
    the mugen has proven that it is not a faulty battery- see the dr. Battery thread. It has lasted me 7 months thus far, and gets me about 20% more battery life than the standard battery.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    i assure the OP that if he gets an extended battery, he will get extended battery life.
    Did Steve Jobs tell all his compadres to get an extended battery?..Oh that's right, you can't even get to Steve's battery. Smart guy. Palm, take a page out of Steve's book. Most people then won't complain about the battery life because they don't know how many Mah to expect anyways.
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    From Dieter (@backlon) on Twitter today at about 4pm EDT:
    Is this on the Pre2? If the newer OMAP is in there than it should have better battery life, especially compared to an overclocked Pre. This is the one huge reason I would want this phone on Sprint. The 5MP camera, glass and 1ghz is nice but I really want a battery that lasts me all day.
    Quote Originally Posted by saluki42 View Post
    Is this on the Pre2? If the newer OMAP is in there than it should have better battery life, especially compared to an overclocked Pre. This is the one huge reason I would want this phone on Sprint. The 5MP camera, glass and 1ghz is nice but I really want a battery that lasts me all day.
    I think that was on the Pre 2, but it wasn't clear. I don't think reviewers are using webOS 2.0 on Pre and Pre Plus phones yet. But I don't really know.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MDsmartphone View Post
    the mugen has proven that it is not a faulty battery- see the dr. Battery thread. It has lasted me 7 months thus far, and gets me about 20% more battery life than the standard battery.
    Mine hasn't My Mugen is getting progressively crappier and crappier. I put the stock battery back in the other day to make sure I wasn't going crazy, and I noticed virtually no difference in battery life. Its only 2 months old and already at 91% health according to Dr. Battery
    Exhaust the body, Proceed the mind, Cultivate the spirit
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    So to make sure I understand, Palm took a phone with a wholly inadequate battery life and put in a CPU with the same net power consumption rate and left the battery the same size? Is Palm now the only division at HP with no engineers in it?
    No, you still did not understand. The CPU in the Pre2 consumes less power and produces more speed. The battery life on the Pre2 is similar to the Pre. And for people who keep complaining about the Pre battery, have you used the Evo or the Epic lately? The battery on those suck compared to the Pre or the Pre2.
    Last edited by htabbach; 10/27/2010 at 09:06 AM.
    If the french translations are correct, the French released Pre 2 has huge improvements on battery life - especially on 3G surfing.
    Quote Originally Posted by saluki42 View Post
    Get the 2600 battery, with the fat back. Yuo lose touchstone, but you don't miss it much, because you never have to charge the battery during the day. And it doesn't feel as much larger in my pocket as I thought it would.

I originally bought the fat battery for a vacation where it would be awkward to chrge the phone during the day, intending to swap it back when I got home. But it was so nice to not worry about battery life that I haven't removed the battery yet. That was in June.
    Greetings peeps,

I have my Pre (minus) now over-clocked at 1ghz and the battery life is horrible.

My question is, since the Pre 2 has the same battery as the old Pre and will be running at 1ghz, will it still kill the battery as fast as the previous Pres?

Thanks!
    Well engadget said in their review that the Pre 2's battery was draining slower than any regular Pre they've used. This was at stock speed too. The battery difference between a OC'd 1ghz Pre and a stock 1ghz Pre 2 should be pretty big too, since the Pre 2's CPU is 1ghz stock with I think the same if not lower draw power as the Pre's CPU at stock speed.
    2 totally different chipsets.

pre's cpu is being asked to work serious overtime which causes stress on the component so naturally it will require a lot more juice

the design of pre 2's is meant to handle that speed which will draw less current running at its stock 1 ghz speed. Also because it is a higher speed and the kernal will be optimized to utilize its speed it will draw less current as it doesn't need to work as hard loading content
    Over-clocking requires higher voltage on the CPU/chipset than stock speed. The Pre 2 will run it's 1GHz processor at the same or lower voltage than the Pre's 500MHz stock speed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    Over-clocking requires higher voltage on the CPU/chipset than stock speed. The Pre 2 will run it's 1GHz processor at the same or lower voltage than the Pre's
    500MHz stock speed.
    I would say a lower voltage. I'm running 1ghz now.
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    It'll most likely run at a lower voltage since (if the processor is the TI 3600 series OMAP), then it's a 45nm part, and would require lower voltage.
    Please Palm please! Don't make Pre users add 2 inches to our phones to get an extra hour out of the device. I have heard so many people say that they couldn't even get a day's use out of the original Pre and hopefully the Pre 2 will be better.
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Had the Pre2 for a few days now.
    (Slider is way better BTW)
    Battery life has definitely improved.
    Coupled with the (much) better performance, this is a great surprise.
    Now I'd love for the battery life to be even better and last for over a day (one can hope)
    But the battery drain is acceptable now.
    Although it remains to be seen just how much of an improvement it is and if a Pre+ gets this battery life boost after going to WebOS2.0.
    Just to confirm, according to the post of smartvoyager Mugen Power 1400mAh battery works on Pre 2! [HLI-PRESL] Buy Mugen Power 1400mAh Extended Battery For Palm Pre and Palm Pixi. Use PIXISPECIAL coupon code and get 7% discount now!

www.mugen-power-batteries.com
    - Premium Extended Batteries for Mobile Devices.

New Batteries for Pre3 now available: http://www.mugen-power-batteries.com/hp/hp-pre-3.html

Join us on Facebook and get a discount coupon! Join Now!
    My battery in my pre is down to 48% :/, I turn on airplane mode when I work at night and can listen to my mp3 course lectures for 8 hours before it dies, with the radio on, maybe 3 hours if im lucky. I dont understand how you can say the pre2 can run 3 days with any kind of usage, my pre brand new couldn't do half that.
    Quote Originally Posted by MugenPower View Post
    Just to confirm, according to the post of smartvoyager Mugen Power 1400mAh battery works on Pre 2! [HLI-PRESL] Buy Mugen Power 1400mAh Extended Battery For Palm Pre and Palm Pixi. Use PIXISPECIAL coupon code and get 7% discount now!
    Do any national retailers carry these things, I could actually use one for the 23rd, I'm traveling so I dont have time to do online orders.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast