1.    #1  
    According to the SFR page PRe2 has standby/talk times of 19 day (456 hours)/10 hours. I know that standby times were improved for Pre Plus over PRe as well. Maybe they are using a different manufacturer/type for battery.

When can we independently verify this. It is showing up as unavailable on SFR however I thought review units go out long before typically.

Link to page

http://www.sfr.fr/mobile/telephone-p...e-2?vue=000agv
    Last edited by sapient2k7; 10/22/2010 at 08:41 AM. Reason: added link
    I would think 19 days would only be possible if it was in airplane mode for the entire time...
    The stats are up on Palm's site: Palm USA | Palm Pre 2 Phone | Features, Details

According to them, it has identical battery/standby/talk time to the Pre Plus, even with the new processor and WebOS 2.0.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    I would think 19 days would only be possible if it was in airplane mode for the entire time...
    I assumed it meant if it was doing nothing as in powered off completely. My PRE does a lot of stuff automatically (e.g. changing wall paper and/or updating GPS, getting emails, sms, IM etc.) even when it is on my desk and I am not touching it.
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    The stats are up on Palm's site: Palm USA | Palm Pre 2 Phone | Features, Details

According to them, it has identical battery/standby/talk time to the Pre Plus, even with the new processor and WebOS 2.0.

Yep, and this is one of the key reasons why I'd have a hard time using a Pre/Pre2 every day. Watching the battery level gets so tiresome with so many smartphones these days. Nice to see the Droid Pro address this for business users who travel a lot and aren't sitting at a desk with their phone plugged in all day. Not nice that it's a Droid instead of Web OS 2.0! Hopefully extended Pre 2 batteries will still work just fine, but I'm liking the comments that Pre 2 is slightly thinner than Pre/Pre +. I'd hate to ruin that nice design with a fat battery.

You must be logged in to post links or photos. And by the way, your fly is open.
    Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    My first Pre was dreadful. I had all the battery saver recommendations implemented and my phone would still be completely dead in 5 hours with very little use. So anything would be a change for the better, comparatively
    ....the best battery life tweak is 1ghz....
    -- VZW Pre+ -- Uberk/Gov fixed @ 1ghz -- QPST gps mod -- stock battery (?mugen 3800?) --
    I guess we will know when users on here start using the phone. Remember though ~ those are with normal use. I'm on the internet a lot, mine probably would be half as much.
    Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jhodnettejr View Post
    ....the best battery life tweak is 1ghz....
    Mine was torqued to 1ghz... didn't seem to affect battery either way.