Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 26
  1.    #1  
    The SFR Pre2 page is up but it says the phone is unavailable..not a good sign.

    Gx
    Last edited by Griffinx; 10/22/2010 at 12:47 PM.
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by Griffinx View Post
    The SFR Pre2 page is up but it says the phone is unavailable..not a good sign.

    Gx
    Maybe it will be available later on. The report did say "Will be available on friday" lots of things can happen during the course of today. Note: I wish I could read french though. =-@
  3. #3  
    Where do you see it says it's unavailable?

    I see no indication anywhere suggesting that, been a long time since I've read French, was an easy subject for me in high school and took it to grade 12. One would think that if it was temporarily unavailable, there would be some sort of banner somewhere, but having skimmed through mostly specs, prices etc, I'm not seeing that anywhere.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2¢ about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  4. #4  
    I can't read French, but it appears the ad is suggesting a microSD card as an accessory to the Pre 2.
  5. Kratus's Avatar
    Posts
    522 Posts
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    #5  
    I am a french owner of a Palm Pre Plus and SFR customer. I confirm that the Pre 2 has shown up on the SFR site today but is reported as unawailable. I subscribed to the e-mail availability notification. I'll let you know...
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".
    Voltaire, french writer and Philosopher, 1694-1778

    French translator of UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, Twithibition, AuctionMate, Communities, Headlines 2, OrganizeMe!, Homebrew Google Maps, and many other webOS apps.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    Where do you see it says it's unavailable?
    Article indisponible = Item Unavailable.
  7. #7  
    lol what does that have to do with not being available in France lol....totally misleading title there buddy talk about spreading vicious rumors in an already unstable land.....the peasants WILL revolt with heresy like that

    Just from looking at the zoomed in pictures on the SFR site, I can't seem to find a slot for MicroSD, not saying there isn't one, but I don't see it. I also tried searching it up and couldn't find anything verifying one way or the other. Could be just a generic accessory add on to the page, which I'm scratching my head at with the touchstone there as well. If you look at the picture of the pouch(I don't know what the back of the Pre 2 looks like), the small picture and the zoomed in pic are 2 different phones, so hard to say.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2¢ about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  8. #8  
    isn't there some sort of transportation strike in france right now?

    inventory probably stuck in a warehouse_

    SFR kept posting info early, so maybe they fired that webmaster and haven't got anyone to update the site?

    has anyone gone to an SFR store to see if they have inventory. Sometimes in the US they don't turn on web ordering for a few days to allocate initial inventory to retail sales.

    I'm sure it will show up soon. The french are always late anyway (kidding, sae the flames...)
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by bevcraw View Post
    I can't read French, but it appears the ad is suggesting a microSD card as an accessory to the Pre 2.
    is it saying micro-usb? That would make more sense...
  10. #10  
    Ok I see that now....here's a thought on that....unavailable due to the fact it knows where you are(through IP trace), Ireland, and possibly not available for sale outside of France?
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2¢ about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  11. #11  
    user Kratus posted above that je is in france...
  12. #12  
    missed that post....it's early....need....more.....coff.......ee......
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2¢ about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by bevcraw View Post
    I can't read French, but it appears the ad is suggesting a microSD card as an accessory to the Pre 2.
    I think that Dieter would have mentioned that.
  14. #14  
    I asked in this thread:"Palm Pre 2 at NYC Engadget Meetup"...page 2 says no SD
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2¢ about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    I asked in this thread:"Palm Pre 2 at NYC Engadget Meetup"...page 2 says no SD
    There was no visible SD slot however there could be one inside with the battery.
  16. #16  
    that would be a cool, bonus, secret feature wonder what the biggest MSD they make them now 8 or have they gotten them bigger?
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by RUSH View Post
    Maybe it will be available later on. The report did say "Will be available on friday" lots of things can happen during the course of today. Note: I wish I could read french though. =-@
    Hey you were right, its now available to Purchase!
  18. #18  
    <<Thread Renamed>>
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
  19. #19  
    When purchasing the Pre2 on the SFR site you are prompted for accessories some of which are MicroSD cards - does this mean the phone has a MicroSD slot as discussed above. I personally doubt it but would be a nice surprise for some. i'm skipping the Pre2 since it woun't be different enough from an overclocked Pre Plus with WebOS 2.0...
  20. #20  
    It's in stock now...

    PALM PRE 2, Téléphone portable : Les mobiles avec les offres SFR

    399 EUR no contract. Translates to about 554 USD, which is ballpark with off contract on Sprint ($549). Expect Unlocked developer to be at $439 (personal guess).
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

    It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

    Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions