1.    #1  
    Titles says it all, I don't really know much but I believe I've seen this sort of thing done on alot of Android phones.
    wait a week or two, the version that will be released will not have exhibition, working and some other stuff ( according to dieter) so just wait a month at the most
    Quote Originally Posted by Montreuxs View Post
    Titles says it all, I don't really know much but I believe I've seen this sort of thing done on alot of Android phones.
    Do you not know it's coming to the pre+, or do you not feel like waiting?
  4.    #4  
    I know its coming, just wondering If we'd be able to get it sooner, esp after how long it took ATT to get 1.4.5
    Android is mostly open source, which probably makes it a lot easier to port.
    Knowing the resourcefulness of people, I'm pretty confident that your wish will be granted!
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    This has been brought up several times, but from what I've read, the general consensus is that webOS 2.0 will come to all phones prior to the Pre2, the only short fall is the Pixi/Pixi+ will NOT be Flash 10.1 compatible. ETA "in the coming months". I, for one, am used to this waiting game, ever since 1.4, 1.4.5 etc. Not saying I like it, but used to it and will wait patiently until it does arrive.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Quote Originally Posted by Montreuxs View Post
    If it's a different processor, then the kernel will be different. If the kernel is different, then the kernel modules will also be different. If any of webOS 2.0 uses something in the kernel modules (e.g. in the 3D Graphics modules) that is not in webOS 1.4.5, then you're out of luck.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    If it's a different processor, then the kernel will be different. If the kernel is different, then the kernel modules will also be different. If any of webOS 2.0 uses something in the kernel modules (e.g. in the 3D Graphics modules) that is not in webOS 1.4.5, then you're out of luck.

-- Rod
    I'm keeping both fingers cross. Hoping for the best. If such is the case.. I know you(Rod) and the webos internal team will find a way around it. :-D
    Quote Originally Posted by RUSH View Post
    I'm keeping both fingers cross. Hoping for the best. If such is the case.. I know you(Rod) and the webos internal team will find a way around it. :-D
    Well, even if we could do this, we cannot redistribute a webOS Doctor for legal reasons.

All we can do is create a tool (like the MetaDoctor) which modifies your own copy of the webOS Doctor.

Time to spruce up and work out on your MetaDoctor installation ...

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    :smile. All we can do is create a tool (like the MetaDoctor) which modifies your own copy of the webOS Doctor. If push come to shove..then by "All Means Necessary.(Malcolm X)
    Someone may be able to port it, but it's always best to go with the official build for your device because of the internal, hardware, you may get some glitches or bugs here and there.
    why would anyone do this when the carriers will distribute it directly?

it seems that the effort for a dev to do that might take longer than waiting for the carrier to release it.
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nimer55 View Post
    Do you not know it's coming to the pre+, or do you not feel like waiting?

Is it me or does it look like Palm shows Exhibition running on a Pre/Pre+ on the Web OS 2.0 page. Kinda surprised they didn't show it on a Pre 2 like the rest of the pics.

palm.com/us/products/software/webos2/

You must be logged in to post links or photos. And by the way, your fly is open.
    I think you have to ask yourself who is going to spend their time and efforts to port something over that will be available relatively shortly

If by the time homebrew/WebOS Internals people finally get a port worked out and ready for people to try and the carrier has the official version out which do you think people will use?
    Last edited by deesugar; 10/22/2010 at 10:19 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    I think you have to ask yourself who is going to spend their time and efforts to port something over that will be available relatively shortly

If by the time homebrew/WebOS Internals people finally get a port worked out and ready for people to try and the carrier has the official version out which do you think people will use?
    That's true, at some point webos 2.0 doctor versions would be out for all carriers. However, some carrier webos version SOMETIMES aren't compatible with webos repair utility. That had happen to me with 1.4.5.
    It pains me to say it, but I'm not sure if I'm going to update to 2.0 immediately after it is released unless the UberKernel and Govnah will work. Screw not being at 1GHz...