Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 84
  1. #61  
    how was the touch screen? more responsive? like iphone or wp7?
  2. mpfef's Avatar
    Posts
    180 Posts
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    #62  
    Quote Originally Posted by pnitsuj View Post
    Is this confirmed? I was giving thought to dropping Sprint in favor of TMo + dev phone. Att is out of the question. Suppose I'll wait and hope for CES.
    Dieter said during this week's PalmCast that he could only get EDGE using T-Mobile on the pre-release developer phone he had. 3G with AT&T though.
  3. #63  
    2 things I don't see being brought up and think should...

    What processor is in these things?

    and

    People keep saying "This is the same as my overclocked Pre, why would I want that?" I would really like to see the battery comparison of an overclocked Pre vs the Pre 2. Battery life is huge for me and I have an overclocked Pre and it drains a lot faster than it did.
  4. xHunt3r's Avatar
    Posts
    35 Posts
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    #64  
    Quote Originally Posted by deihmos View Post
    What engadget reviews are you referring to?
    webOS 2.0 review -- Engadget
  5. #65  
    Quote Originally Posted by deihmos View Post
    What engadget reviews are you referring to?
    webOS 2.0 review -- Engadget
    I am, therefore I think
  6. eps1lon3's Avatar
    Posts
    97 Posts
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    #66  
    Palm is doing a really amazing job with this secret for next year. It's like that feeling in high school when you know there's a secret around and its AWESOME and you wanna know so you ask your friends if they know what's going on, but they don't really know or just try to give you what they think is the secret. So you go to the group of people who are clearly involved with this secret, and they're like:

    >=D find out next year!

    AHHHHHHLSJDNSLJDNLSDJNSLJDSD >.<

    Aside from that, it seems the Pre 2 is shaping up to have a better build quality and the speed we all dreamed about. So if we dream of something faster, I think that would be a good indication of what is to come.

    For a joke, imagine the Pixi 2 being the beast that will be unleashed next year.
  7. #67  
    Quote Originally Posted by eps1lon3 View Post
    Palm is doing a really amazing job with this secret for next year. It's like that feeling in high school when you know there's a secret around and its AWESOME and you wanna know so you ask your friends if they know what's going on, but they don't really know or just try to give you what they think is the secret. So you go to the group of people who are clearly involved with this secret, and they're like:

    >=D find out next year!

    AHHHHHHLSJDNSLJDNLSDJNSLJDSD >.<
    but, how do they expect to sell the Pre 2 if they are promising something amazing next year?!?
    Sharp YO-370 -> HP 200LX -> Palm m125 -> Palm Treo 680 -> Pre 2

    "Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler." -Albert Einstein
  8. #68  
    Quote Originally Posted by gaudenti View Post
    but, how do they expect to sell the Pre 2 if they are promising something amazing next year?!?
    "There's a sucker born every minute"

  9. XGC75's Avatar
    Posts
    39 Posts
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    #69  
    In all the articles and comments I've read on the Pre2 the best answer I have for both the pessimists and the optimists is that there's a very well thought-out business plan behind this release. HP will make money at the end of the day whether it sells like hotcakes or molasses.

    I, for what it's worth, favor the Pre2 as an iteration. I've always loved the body style. Having just received my fourth refurb (fourth!), I can attest that the glass screen and matte siding are welcome.

    On another note, can anyone confirm hardware accelleration will reach the original pre/+? A GHz pre could see marked speed improvements even if just due to reduced processor load.
  10. #70  
    Quote Originally Posted by XGC75 View Post

    On another note, can anyone confirm hardware accelleration will reach the original pre/+? A GHz pre could see marked speed improvements even if just due to reduced processor load.
    Did you see this post??

    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post2726258

    The Pre+ stock speed was on par with a 1ghz O\C Pre. Plus the original press release from HP states "Hardware accelerated CSS transforms". (too lazy to get link )
  11. #71  
    Quote Originally Posted by XGC75 View Post
    In all the articles and comments I've read on the Pre2 the best answer I have for both the pessimists and the optimists is that there's a very well thought-out business plan behind this release. HP will make money at the end of the day whether it sells like hotcakes or molasses.

    I, for what it's worth, favor the Pre2 as an iteration. I've always loved the body style. Having just received my fourth refurb (fourth!), I can attest that the glass screen and matte siding are welcome.

    On another note, can anyone confirm hardware accelleration will reach the original pre/+? A GHz pre could see marked speed improvements even if just due to reduced processor load.
    for some reason i dont think that their business plan is well thought out.
  12. #72  
    Quote Originally Posted by Croathlete View Post
    I really believe they corrected a lot of the issues that were plaguing the first gen hardware. Slider felt a little more solid. No signs of any oreo effect, but I'm sure only time will tell if that's still an issue. I'm sure the small bezel around the screen will protect it from cracking. By the way, I have to take a picture of the top of my Pre. It's a lesson to those that go to Vegas and leave their phone outside for an extended period of time.

    Anyway, the keyboard felt the same as the Pre Plus' and of course it was nice of them to get rid of the microUSB door. It will come with a rubber piece to cover the port which I didn't know before.

    About 95% of my questions couldn't be answered because they knew it would be up on precentral in no time, but you could tell they were really excited for the future. They spoke very highly of the community and webOS Internals. I'd say just about everyone I saw with a Pre had it patched in one way or another. I'll end it with one of their quotes that should get everyone pumped. "2011 is going to be a very exciting year."
    The pre 2 sure is looks tempting...i must resist, i just have about a month and a half with my pre (minus) ill wait another year but still, i might jump in if i can buy an unlocked version without being a developer.
  13. #73  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    "There's a sucker born every minute"
    Yep, but I'm around 87% certain I'm going for a Pre 2. Many little reasons for this. Mostly cuz my Treo is getting kinda old and tired. And if the SuperTurbo Pre 3 comes out next year, I don't like to buy the first model of something brand new. I''ll wait a year or so.

    Dan (the sucker)
    Sharp YO-370 -> HP 200LX -> Palm m125 -> Palm Treo 680 -> Pre 2

    "Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler." -Albert Einstein
  14. omullins's Avatar
    Posts
    95 Posts
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    #74  
    I was at the Engadget meet too. Was really excited to get my hands on a Pre 2 and spent a bit with it, talked a little with both of the Palm guys. It felt really nice compared to my Pre minus. The glass screen and bevel feel more polished, and the overall matte body feels great. I thought it felt smoother than my 1GHz overclocked Pre. webOS 2.0 was pretty neat, can't wait to get in depth with it, I hope soon...

    I asked one of the guys about battery life and he was all candid about it, and said he's seen improvements. Nothing monumental (it is the same crappy battery size after all), but there's something.

    Also one guy had webOS 2.0 on his Pre Plus, so if there was still any doubt out there, I'm sure it'll come to us too.
  15. #75  
    Quote Originally Posted by detection View Post
    I was at the Engadget meet too. Was really excited to get my hands on a Pre 2 and spent a bit with it, talked a little with both of the Palm guys. It felt really nice compared to my Pre minus. The glass screen and bevel feel more polished, and the overall matte body feels great. I thought it felt smoother than my 1GHz overclocked Pre. webOS 2.0 was pretty neat, can't wait to get in depth with it, I hope soon...

    I asked one of the guys about battery life and he was all candid about it, and said he's seen improvements. Nothing monumental (it is the same crappy battery size after all), but there's something.

    Also one guy had webOS 2.0 on his Pre Plus, so if there was still any doubt out there, I'm sure it'll come to us too.
    if you met with two palm guys you should of flat out asked if a higher spec phone will be coming soon. wasted opportunity IMO.
  16. #76  
    Quote Originally Posted by gaudenti View Post
    but, how do they expect to sell the Pre 2 if they are promising something amazing next year?!?
    1) This is precisely why they've been so vague about the future roadmap in terms of smartphones.

    2) The Pre2 is likely a midrange device, which will be priced at $149, or $99. The rumored Pixi2 will be an entry level smartphone. It'll be a three tiered structure, rather than the two tiered structure of the past. If the new device is a slab, they will then have all their bases covered in terms of form factors.
  17. #77  
    Quote Originally Posted by fixxxer1022 View Post
    if you met with two palm guys you should of flat out asked if a higher spec phone will be coming soon. wasted opportunity IMO.
    "Of course I asked about future hardware and Sprint. All I got were smiles and a "Sorry, can't comment, but hold on a little longer". I didn't expect any different."

    That's from the OP.
    I am, therefore I think
  18. #78  
    Quote Originally Posted by clayclay350 View Post
    "Of course I asked about future hardware and Sprint. All I got were smiles and a "Sorry, can't comment, but hold on a little longer". I didn't expect any different."

    That's from the OP.
    sorry didn't catch that before. sounds to me they might be full of it. im starting to doubt we will get much new in 2011.
  19. #79  
    Quote Originally Posted by Palmrieder View Post
    I was one of the two Palm people there. Had an awesome time meeting all of the webOS enthusiasts. Seriously, you guys are amazing and made the whole event for me.

    Huge thanks to everyone who came out!

    Justin
    Ahhhhh! I wish I had gone. I would have liked to thank you in person for the work and support you've put in on the Facebook for Palm webOS page. Had a prior engagement to attend that night. Oh well, always appreciate the support!
  20. #80  
    Quote Originally Posted by fixxxer1022 View Post
    sorry didn't catch that before. sounds to me they might be full of it. im starting to doubt we will get much new in 2011.
    Quotes from Ben Galbraith and Dion Almaer, who used to be the directors of Developer Relations for Palm webOS. They are going to have their own consulting business and continue to work with HP/Palm:

    "People like to make a big deal out of departures, but we are but two guys. With HP, Palm has a ton of resource now, and we can look to them to deliver some fantastic hardware and software that gets the community excited. I look forward to that.
    Cheers,
    Dion"


    "

    In terms of the future of HP webOS, it's in good hands. I can say with no exaggeration that the leadership of the developer / app ecosystem at HP is in the hands of one of the most talented and impressive executives I've ever met in my life. The team we've worked with is fantastic as any of you who have joined our developer program will know. And we will continue to contribute to the direction of the platform moving forward.
    So in sum, things are moving forward unabated and we're still around. The best is yet to come.
    Warm regards,
    Ben Galbraith"
    I am, therefore I think
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions