Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Treiz View Post
    While the two phones loaded apps at about equal pace, the Pre2 had very noticeably smoother scrolling and other graphics operations. I can honestly say that if it comes to ATT I will get one.
    This statement makes me think that if a pre/pre+ were overclocked and running 2.0, the old pre's may be faster than the pre2 and just as smooth. Maybe this omap36xx is under-clocked, say 800-900mhz?
    too bad that this will be the only phone released by hp/palm for this year. i dont expect any major anouncment for any other new phones.
    Quote Originally Posted by bdog421 View Post
    This statement makes me think that if a pre/pre+ were overclocked and running 2.0, the old pre's may be faster than the pre2 and just as smooth. Maybe this omap36xx is under-clocked, say 800-900mhz?
    I don't have enough information to venture an answer, so here's another question:

Did the Pre get marketed with/get specs leaked with a 600MHz or 500MHz processor? I wasn't around.
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    I'm not sure, but I think it was originally spec'd @600. Also I don't know how we found out, but I'd wager it was through homebrew devs and I'm sure they'll know what the pre2 is clocked at, once they get their hands on it.
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    It was actually advertised @ 500mHz, which is the default speed.
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RafRol View Post
    It was actually advertised @ 500mHz, which is the default speed.
    Well at least I wagered......zero
    I'm really disappointed that I would have to change carriers for a phone. Anyway, I love the overall cover of the pre2 > no more finger print magnet.:-D
    Like many here, I have a Pre. The OS is great, but the hardware quality is rubbish.
    So, for the increasing number of you who handled a Pre2:

1. how is the slider? does it wobble a bit (hinting of the "Oreo effect"?)
    2. is the glass screen shatter resistant? scratch-proof? fingerprint magnet?
    3. how is the keyboard?
    4. SFR: is it available without contract, from SFR, with a QWERTY keyboard?
  9.    #29  
    I really believe they corrected a lot of the issues that were plaguing the first gen hardware. Slider felt a little more solid. No signs of any oreo effect, but I'm sure only time will tell if that's still an issue. I'm sure the small bezel around the screen will protect it from cracking. By the way, I have to take a picture of the top of my Pre. It's a lesson to those that go to Vegas and leave their phone outside for an extended period of time.

Anyway, the keyboard felt the same as the Pre Plus' and of course it was nice of them to get rid of the microUSB door. It will come with a rubber piece to cover the port which I didn't know before.

About 95% of my questions couldn't be answered because they knew it would be up on precentral in no time, but you could tell they were really excited for the future. They spoke very highly of the community and webOS Internals. I'd say just about everyone I saw with a Pre had it patched in one way or another. I'll end it with one of their quotes that should get everyone pumped. "2011 is going to be a very exciting year."
    Last edited by Croathlete; 10/22/2010 at 07:38 AM.
    yes but what are prices for the phone and plans on Verizon
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  11.    #31  
    Prices and plans aren't announced yet. Expect something from Verizon really soon.
    Anybody who's actually held a Pre 2 in their hands, would you mind clarifying whether or not there's a Micro SD card slot or not? There seems to be some confusion with the SFR (France) website ....they are advertising 4+8GB MicroSD cards as accessories but I haven't seen anything(written or pictures) suggesting that there is one. Thanks
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    vzw is pretty consistent in offering premium phones at launch in the range of $199 to $299 with a 2 year contract.

I expect that they will be in that range, introduce an optional lower tier data plan to match the $15 at&t plan, and that the MHS won't be free. I think they might even try to charge extra for skype - which almost makes sense to do since it reduces minutes while increasing data usage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    All this can be yours for the low, LOW price of your soul, your right arm and your first born

There was a "This Hour Has 22 Minutes" parody ad for Roger's and iPhone that was exactly that, hilarious, but removed from youtube due to copyright laws....too bad.....was a good laugh and not far from the truth
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Quote Originally Posted by fernandez21 View Post
    Does the fact that every single reviewer and demo of the pre 2 is running on AT&T a hint towards something, or is it just coincidence?
    palm said they would offer an unlocked gsm phone for developers, and that is what is in the beta hardware. Dieter talked about that on his video review a few days ago.
  16.    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    Anybody who's actually held a Pre 2 in their hands, would you mind clarifying whether or not there's a Micro SD card slot or not? There seems to be some confusion with the SFR (France) website ....they are advertising 4+8GB MicroSD cards as accessories but I haven't seen anything(written or pictures) suggesting that there is one. Thanks
    No microSD card slot.
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    Anybody who's actually held a Pre 2 in their hands, would you mind clarifying whether or not there's a Micro SD card slot or not?
    There was no visible SD slot. It might be under the back cover.

Palm did not mention an SD in their press release
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    vzw is pretty consistent in offering premium phones at launch in the range of $199 to $299 with a 2 year contract.
    $199 are you outta yo mind!!

I sincerely hope it's $149 or less($99 is my guess). If it comes with 2 spare batteries and a ts kit, maybe. The pre2 has the internals, but not the externals of a top tier phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Palmrieder View Post
    I was one of the two Palm people there. Had an awesome time meeting all of the webOS enthusiasts. Seriously, you guys are amazing and made the whole event for me.

Huge thanks to everyone who came out!

Justin
    Any hints about GPS for the Pre 2 on VZW?
    Quote Originally Posted by QuarlesLT View Post
    Engadget's review couldn't praise the speed and responsiveness more. OP would you say the launcher felt hardware accelerated?
    Hard to say....it felt smooth though esp. in the launcher (where i think the jankiness was most often felt).

Quote Originally Posted by QuarlesLT View Post
    Also how did the slider feel compared to the Plus? Thanks for the details.
    It was tighter than my old phone.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast