91 Global Posts
    the best question ever!
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dandar View Post
    Does Smokey the Bear have FUR!!
    vzw gps is not broken.

vzw blocked it for palm users.

only way it will be un-blocked with the pre 2 is if hp's employees will be the largest customer base for the pre 2...

food for thought
    That's the million dollar question.

Given the troubled past with the Pre and VZ GPS, one would have to think HP/Palm would have worked this out in advance in order to make VZ the sole carrier for the initial release in the U.S. I don't necessarily blame Palm for the crippled GPS on the Pre Plus, but I would absolutely hold them responsible if they released the Pre 2 on VZ w/o ensuring that all GPS features would be functional.
    Quote Originally Posted by yankboy View Post
    given the troubled past with the pre and vz gps, one would have to think hp/palm would have worked this out in advance in order to make vz the sole carrier for the initial release in the u.s. I don't necessarily blame palm for the crippled gps on the pre plus, but i would absolutely hold them responsible if they released the pre 2 on vz w/o ensuring that all gps features would be functional.
    indeed
    well, I pulled up google maps on my friend's VZW Pre2 and it beat my ATT Pre+ 1ghz to finding my location by quite a bit. His is a preproduction model though I don't think all that much will change.
    Global Posts
    361 Global Posts
    I have a Pre Plus on VZW right now, if they Pre 2 has unblocked GPS.. I'm there. If not -- I will wait for something on Sprint.
    Quote Originally Posted by Treiz View Post
    well, I pulled up google maps on my friend's VZW Pre2 and it beat my ATT Pre+ 1ghz to finding my location by quite a bit. His is a preproduction model though I don't think all that much will change.
    My understanding was that the preproduction Pre2 review units in the wild were GSM running on AT&T or T-Mobile frequencies. From where did your friend get a preproduction VZW device? {Jonathan}
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan I Ezor View Post
    From where did your friend get a preproduction VZW device?
    Yeah, that sounds iffy... I'm calling BS.