1.    #1  
    fwiw (which as we know, for reps, is not lots)

Got my new eyeglass prescription today at the mall. God, I'm getting old. Across the way was a Radio Shack, so I thought I'd stop in to see if they still had the Pre on display, which they didn't.

Hungry sales-kid introduced himself, I told him I was just seeing if they had any Pres on display. "Best phone I've ever owned. I wonder if Sprint will carry the Pre2?".

He emphatically assured me that Sprint felt completely burned by the Pre, and wasn't going to continue featuring Palm/HP phones. Plus, they're only going to sell 4Gs pretty soon.

He then proceeded to tell me how the Epic was in fact the best phone ever made. It multitasks better than the Pre, is intuitive, and has a huge, beautiful screen. He also threw in that everyone hates the Pre.

I thanked him and went off to eat tacos.

Like many here, I'll be happy with my "Pre Classic" for a while. Overclocked, home-brewed, it's the perfect balance of Phone and Smart for my needs.

I do hope that after all the sturm und drang calms down at HPalm, they manage a ground-breaking device that Sprint will eventually carry.
    that kid has prob never used a webos phone.
    Rumors from reps = speculation from reps
    If everyone love the palm pre's then something would definitely be wrong. People are gonna hate on another phone for some reason or another. In fact, I hate on the Iphone, and Android phones too. I guess we all have our preference in life.. huh? ^_^
    And the moral of the episode is, in times of need for endearment, have a Taco!

"How art thou, thou globby bottle of cheap, stinking chip oil? Come and get one in the yarbles, if ya have any yarbles, you eunuch jelly thou!"
    Quote Originally Posted by blinktreo View Post
    fwiw (which as we know, for reps, is not lots)

Got my new eyeglass prescription today at the mall. God, I'm getting old. Across the way was a Radio Shack, so I thought I'd stop in to see if they still had the Pre on display, which they didn't.

Hungry sales-kid introduced himself, I told him I was just seeing if they had any Pres on display. "Best phone I've ever owned. I wonder if Sprint will carry the Pre2?".

He emphatically assured me that Sprint felt completely burned by the Pre, and wasn't going to continue featuring Palm/HP phones. Plus, they're only going to sell 4Gs pretty soon.

He then proceeded to tell me how the Epic was in fact the best phone ever made. It multitasks better than the Pre, is intuitive, and has a huge, beautiful screen. He also threw in that everyone hates the Pre.

Like many here, I'll be happy with my "Pre Classic" for a while. Overclocked, home-brewed, it's the perfect balance of Phone and Smart for my needs.

I do hope that after all the sturm und drang calms down at HPalm, they manage a ground-breaking device that Sprint will eventually carry.
    maybe not sprint but it is very obvious radio shack wasn't fond of palm. They pulled the pres off the shelves fast. Sprint got screwed with horribly built devices and I can believe they would be turned off by any new palm device.
    Really a Radio shack employee; youll have as much accuracy getting an answer asking a magic 8ball. (ask again later)

I wish I still worked for Sprint I used to know how to get info on all the phones months before they were announced. Did some hardcore searching for different files stored in their Intranet (not internet).
    Silly Sprint:

Fish gotta swim. Birds gotta fly. Cell carriers gotta screw the consumer. :!
    Quote Originally Posted by blinktreo View Post
    Best part of the story, right there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maestro1 View Post
    Really a Radio shack employee; youll have as much accuracy getting an answer asking a magic 8ball. (ask again later)

I wish I still worked for Sprint I used to know how to get info on all the phones months before they were announced. Did some hardcore searching for different files stored in their Intranet (not internet).
    Personally, I would never buy a palm device from Radio Shack. I don't think they even give the palm pres a fighting chance.
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwood212 View Post
    that kid has prob never used a webos phone.
    I bet that kid probably has several voicemails from Mr. Hesse and the Sprint Board of Directors that he just hasn't gotten around to checking. You know how busy those mall sales kids can be. Check back with him in a few weeks, or call his assistant. I'm sure he has some solid info about Sprint's strategic plan.

You must be logged in to post links or photos. And by the way, your fly is open.
    I actually went and picked up a replacement Pre from my local store this last Monday (it wasn't any sort of manufacturer's hardware problem, it was all me) and I had what was almost the opposite experience. While they didn't know anything regarding a new Palm phone coming to Sprint, I was surprised to see that both managers of the store used Pres. Two managers that could easily upgrade to any new device whenever they want to - using one and a half year old Palm Pres... It was a beautiful thing, guys.
    Agreed. Let HP/Palm settle in then let the masses drool over the next "SuperHD phone" with afterburners to boot the competition, including the Epic.
    sssshhhh - don't give away your trade secrets.