Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    I don't know all the technical details but there is a new 800mhz processor being used on the new G2. Supposedly it outperforms the 1000mhz processors already out there.

Is it known what 1000mhz processor is being used and why, since it was available at the same time as the G2, did they not simply go with the same more efficient and powerful 800mhz?
    Quote Originally Posted by shinerb View Post
    I don't know all the technical details but there is a new 800mhz processor being used on the new G2. Supposedly it outperforms the 1000mhz processors already out there.

Is it known what 1000mhz processor is being used and why, since it was available at the same time as the G2, did they not simply go with the same more efficient and powerful 800mhz?
    the OMAP processors aren't a set speed, that's set by the kernel that's running....the next generation OMAPs are more efficient running at the same speed as the older model OMAPs.
    -- VZW Pre+ -- Uberk/Gov fixed @ 1ghz -- QPST gps mod -- stock battery (?mugen 3800?) --
    G2 uses the next gen qualcom soc witha more efficient design. PRE2 uses the next gen ti soc 3640 which is more power efficient, able to run at higher clock speeds and has bigger caches.

the real next generation of processors will come with cortex A9 based designs ti OMAP 4440 which is dual core as well as 20% faster clock per clock and presumably able to run at 1GHz.

Tegra 250 is nvidia's implementation of cortex A9 dual core A9 cpunwith nvidia graphics chip. It will debut with notion ink Adam and Rim Playbook I believe.