1.    #1  
    Google did it with the Nexus One. We all know that this won't generate big sales but it would be a nice 'thank you' to early Pre adopters. They are already producing phones that would work on Sprint's network, they already have an online store (with Pres on it even). How hard could this be to do?
    +1
    they announced an unlocked phone for developers. Would that work?
    sprint will not allow any phone onto their networks that they do not sell or carry. verizon does.

plus if they sold it, it would be to get new customers and get people to renew their contracts. that's all sprint cares about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    they announced an unlocked phone for developers. Would that work?
    I think the unlocked phones are of the GSM variety so that wouldn't work on Sprint's CDMA network.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Unlocked phone was GSM so no since Sprint is CDMA.

Sprint still has to allow the phone to be activated on their system. This is also why a Verizon phone can't be activated on Sprint and vice versa. They don't allow it even though they are compatible. So if palm sold cdma pre2's to sprint customers, the customers wouldn't be able to use them anyway on sprint since sprint wouldn't have them in their system and wouldn't activate them.
  7.    #7  
    Wow, I didn't know Sprint had such a horrible policy on phone activations.
    Quote Originally Posted by megaman821 View Post
    Wow, I didn't know Sprint had such a horrible policy on phone activations.
    there are illegal methods of doing it but i wouldn't chance it. i hope one day we can but whatever phone we want and put it on any carrier we want.