Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567
    Quote Originally Posted by badjokes View Post
    heres a good example of why the pre 2 is such a disappointment,

TI's OMAP4440 processor brings two blazing Cortex-A9 cores to the table -- Engadget

also motorola and lg both have dual core phones that are slated for release in december or january on verizon.
    So the Pre 2 disappoints you because it doesn't have a processor that is still an entire product cycle away from being out on the market on anything at all?
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
  2.    #122  
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    So the Pre 2 disappoints you because it doesn't have a processor that is still an entire product cycle away from being out on the market on anything at all?
    actually in january there will be a few dual core phones that will be available.
    The Pre 2 COULD be competitive if it were released on a carrier NOW. However, it won't be by the time they get around to releasing it.
    I agree with the need for now, but I think it will only be "competitive" if it is part of a family of phones. There is a segment that likes the small phone, vertical slider. I certainly like mine. But they have to be able to address the entire market, so they need something to compete with the Droid2 and Droidx styles.

It's what the Pre+ should have been, and if it had been what VZW launched last January, it would have made a huge difference. It can still have a place, but not as the flagship for Palm or for a carrier.

So in answer to the OP, I'm not disappointed in the Pre2. I just wish it was available from VZW. If I was just now looking, I'd definitely buy it. But now that I've realized I can use my Pre for much of what I was doing on a computer... I could really use a bigger screen. It never occured to me that I'd use my phone for web access so much, based on the Treo/Centro/BlackBerry I'd had for years. 3G and a real browser was a major advance.
  5.    #125  
    the thing that disappoints me the most is its been almost 2 months from my initial post and there's still no word on when if ever the pre2 will even make it to verizon or sprint.

palm announced that vzw will offer the Pre2.

CES is in 3 weeks and more announcements are likely.
  7.    #127  
    looks like this phone from LG with a tegra 2 cpu will be out before or around the same time as pre2

LG Star preview -- Engadget
  8.    #128  
    wow so its February, nearly 6 months after my initial post and still no word on verizon Pre 2

The Palm is useless unless:
    1. Support for Sprint (non negotiable).
    2. At LEAST 32Gb of memory
    3. 5GHz WiFi/802.11a support (non negotiable).
    4. Snapdragon v3 proc.
    Quote Originally Posted by cLOWNgOD View Post
    The Palm is useless unless:
    1. Support for Sprint (non negotiable).
    2. At LEAST 32Gb of memory
    3. 5GHz WiFi/802.11a support (non negotiable).
    4. Snapdragon v3 proc.
    So you want it to cost more than the iPhone?
  11.    #131  
    I knew the pre 2 was a complete joke. thats why HP announced the Pre 3 BEFORE the pre 2 was even available on verizon.

and btw, summer for pre 3? It is so sad how disappointing all this is. HP has completely and utterly failed. between android 3.0 with all the new android phones coming and iPhone 5/iPad 2 which will all be available in the summer, how will HP compete?
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567