Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 132
  1. #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    check this out before you say that...

    Editorial: Firmware, forums, and desperation -- the dark side of Android hacking -- Engadget

    then ask an iphone user what would happen if they jailbreak their phone and then take it to apple to be reset to factory fresh...
    Man tries to flash a rom while the battery is dying. Man bricks phone. Man MacGyvers a way to charge the phone and reflashes the rom. Nothing to see here.

    I can tell you what happens if I have to restore a jailbroken iPhone. I plug it in, click restore and wait about 5 minutes.

    You're kind of really stretching here.
  2. #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by rsanchez1 View Post
    Then what's the point of an app store? How do they keep selling apps if people don't want to improve their phone? Seems to me that every platform is using their app stores as pretty much their only selling point.
    I really hope you didn't just compare the App stores to hacking a phone.



    Quote Originally Posted by nappy View Post
    Man tries to flash a rom while the battery is dying. Man bricks phone. Man MacGyvers a way to charge the phone and reflashes the rom. Nothing to see here.

    I can tell you what happens if I have to restore a jailbroken iPhone. I plug it in, click restore and wait about 5 minutes.

    You're kind of really stretching here.
    Kind of? Try, really really really stretching it.

    In fact, he's a re-tard.

    There's a VERY GOOD REASON that NO SMARTPHONE OS MAKER allows you to update with less than 30 % battery.

    This would happen on Webos, IOS, Blackberry OS, Windows OS...have I made my point?
    Last edited by Mattykinsx; 10/20/2010 at 02:29 PM.
  3.    #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by rsanchez1 View Post
    If it's not a big deal, why do the Droid commercials use it as a major selling point?
    those droids and other 1ghz android phones have been out for nearly 10 months, (nexus 1 launched jan 2010)

    the pre 2 wont even be available for 'some months' in US. by the time it is available, dual core cortex a9 smartphones will already be available making it outdated right at launch. :/
  4. #44  
    im not overly impressed by the specs but i guess it is good for users who are afraid to overclock their pre's. the one thing i didn't want was another slider type device. the next webos phone i hope will eliminate that and give us a slim candy bar like the pixi with a true virtual keyboard.
  5. #45  
    If you are disappointed you need to join the real world. Nobody would dispute that Palm was struggling to execute it's business plan prior to the buy-out. The Pre 2 is a nice update which has been delayed, initally by finance, and then by the purchase of Palm by HP. It has some 'nice' improvements and demonstrates a commitment by HP/Palm to the development of HP webOS phones and I think that it will be the precursor to some great things.

    <<comment deleted by Mod>>
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 10/21/2010 at 12:47 AM. Reason: unnecessary comment
  6. #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    If you are disappointed you need to join the real world. Nobody would dispute that Palm was struggling to execute it's business plan prior to the buy-out. The Pre 2 is a nice update which has been delayed, initally by finance, and then by the purchase of Palm by HP. It has some 'nice' improvements and demonstrates a commitment by HP/Palm to the development of HP webOS phones and I think that it will be the precursor to some great things.
    Clearly you just don't get it.

    <<comment deleted by Mod>>
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 10/21/2010 at 12:48 AM. Reason: unnecessary comments
  7. #47  
    Does webos 2.0 have a virtual keyboard?
  8. #48  
    Yes I'm excited, sorta. Since I can't get the phone until my next update, which is Christmas of NEXT year.

    Wait, does this new phone have a front camera???
    I own a Verizon Palm Pre 2 running WebOS 2.0.1

    Here to help and learn
  9. cooknn's Avatar
    Posts
    388 Posts
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    #49  
    I'm primarily disappointed because even if it was available on Sprint, there's no way I would blow another year on those specs. Also, because my launch Pre is feeling aged. Now, if I could snag a Pre2 for a good price and have it Sprint'ified ie. webOS World Offers Sprint Palm Pre “Plussing Service” WebOS World, I might just take the bait.
  10. forcvcr's Avatar
    Posts
    81 Posts
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    #50  
    im excited and disappointed at the same time.. no front facing camera? =/
  11. #51  
    **Note: Please remember to keep the comments about equipment and software - not about other members. Insults aren't necessary... Thank you!
  12. #52  
    With Sprints big push on 4G I'd be surprised if they take up selling the Pre 2. I'm hoping that it's because there's a truly awesome 4G HPalm device coming sooner than later. Does anyone know if the Pre will get 2.0? Because if we are then that would seal the deal for me until CES at least!
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!


  13. #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by spudland View Post
    With Sprints big push on 4G I'd be surprised if they take up selling the Pre 2. I'm hoping that it's because there's a truly awesome 4G HPalm device coming sooner than later. Does anyone know if the Pre will get 2.0? Because if we are then that would seal the deal for me until CES at least!
    Sprint has released two new android phones in the last two weeks that both do NOT have 4g.
  14. forcvcr's Avatar
    Posts
    81 Posts
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    #54  
    will pre 2 atleast have 4G? i heard rumors it will, but im starting to think it wont.
  15. #55  
    Quote Originally Posted by r00t View Post
    will pre 2 atleast have 4G? i heard rumors it will, but im starting to think it wont.
    Not according to anything I've read.
  16. #56  
    The way I see it is if HP can make a cool enough WebOS phone for me before July 2011 for Sprint then I'll be happy. Palm Pre 2 probably wouldn't do it for me.
  17. #57  
    I'm only disappointed in that, unofficially, Bell doesn't look like it will be picking up the Pre 2. Which means I have to run out my contract, or spend $$$ to buy it out, neither of which is appealing. On the other hand, if HP does release a super phone later, I can wait.
    -- Bring back DateBk!!

  18. #58  
    I am not disappointed at all. I think it is a much welcomed thing.

    The Pre Plus does everything I want a phone to do, and it is about the right size format for me. I have no desire to lug around a book sized phone.

    If Pre 2 addresses the current deficiencies
    1. Eliminate the hitches and stalls
    2. Improve battery life
    3. Improve hardware quality and feel, including the damn keyboard
    4. Rid the operating systems of the rough bugs and quirks
    5. Sing and dance and make my wife swoon into my arms every night

    well.... 1-4. 5 is asking for a bit much..... i am a happy camper. I also think a lot of other folks think like me and will be perfectly happy with the Pre2.

    I simply have no need for my phone to do much more than what the current Pre+ can do. I am not a game player; so incredible processing power and speed are wasted on me. I just want smooth action and long battery life in a small package that fits in my pocket comfortably. #5 would be good too.
    2.
    Last edited by luau joe; 10/21/2010 at 03:12 PM.
  19. #59  
    Quote Originally Posted by luau joe View Post
    I am not disappointed at all. I think it is a much welcomed thing.

    I simply have no need for my phone to do much more than what the current Pre+ can do. I am not a game player; so incredible processing power and speed are wasted on me. I just want smooth action and long battery life in a small package that fits in my pocket comfortably. #5 would be good too.
    2.
    Yupper agree almost completely (except for the wife swoon thing...). Most of us don't really care since we want more and can handle using our present Pre and Pre Plus units running webOS 2.0. When the Pre 2 HD comes out next year, then we're talking and most of us will upgrade and move on with HPalm's latest and greatest.

    For most users, I agree we just want productive units and the Pre 2 gives old and new customers just that, something better then what we bought 1.5 years ago. My Pre (minus) is stacked to the hilt with Patches, Acceleration, etc....from the solid Homebrew community here and else where.

    BTW, Thank You webOS Internals and everyone else busy shaking and baking webOS 1.4.5 and soon to be released webOS 2.0.

    We're going on a year of so with multiple updates from Palm and now HP for our precious little devices where Apple iPhone users get shafted (iphone 1 and 2 devices now shuned from existance) and have to buy new hardware to keep up and upgrade. Android is a little better and customers get lucky every once and a while, but nothing comes close to webOS and what HPalm and the community are doing.

    Disappointed, no not hardly and thankful we now have HP behind webOS.

    Palm could have done it, but they could have also been another Osborne or Amiga Computer business failure. Those were the days, Sorli...
  20. #60  
    No but I am happy about it, even tho I can not get it.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Posting Permissions