Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Can they ALL be wrong? There are plenty more articles on the web saying the same thing, but this is just a sampling.

Assuming they aren't all wrong and this is the release date, can we expect HP/Palm to be doing some heavy marketing for this phone? Marketing is mostly what doomed the Pre/Plus. They won't make the same mistake twice will they? I want to see some GOOD commercials showing what the phone can actually do. Not just some hot chick walking down the street with WebOS cards flashing in front of her face. That's a clever commercial, but it doesn't show people the PHONE. Show the world the Pre 2 multitasking. Cards, stacks, just type, etc. This phone CAN sell if they market it properly. How many freaking Droid commercials did I have to endure?

Verizon Wireless’ BIG BANG On November 11th? | WWWery

DROID Pro, DROID 2 Global and CITRUS at Verizon on November 11 - Softpedia

Droid Pro, Droid 2 Global, Moto Citrus, HTC Merge And Palm Pre 2 To Hit Verizon On Nov 11?

Palm Pre 2 at FCC, may hit Verizon Nov. 11 with Droid Pro | Electronista

Verizon: Release Dates for Droid Pro, Pre 2, Citrus and Droid 2 Global : Product Reviews Net

Palm Pre 2 hitting Verizon on November 11th? - San Francisco Gadgets | Examiner.com

Palm Pre 2 Gets the FCC Treatment; Verizon Release Date Could be November 11- DeviceMAG

DROID Pro, DROID 2 Global And Motorola CITRUS Launching On Verizon November 11th? | Android Community
    I totally agree with you.

hp needs to run their own ads showing specific features like apple did for a long time. Lots of user created ads on youtube for them to copy.

if vzw launches a bunch of phones at once, vzw will just talk about 'rule the air' with their new line-up and wenOS will get lost in the crowd. Vzw has a long history of that, with the motodroids being the notable exceptions. And notably those were their most effective campaigns so you can expect them to miss that and stick with 'rule the air' image ads.

I hope hp has a plan to run hundreds of millions of dollars in merit ads with just a vzw tag at the end.

hp, i'm looking right at you with the stink eye.
  3.    #3  
    Well, Nov 11 is 3 weeks away. Should we expect to start seeing ads next week sometime? If they want to avoid the terrible gaffe of marketing the phone to moms, maybe in the World Series to tap into the dude market?
    I doubt there will be a big marketing campaign for a warmed over Palm Pre plus. I hope they save the money for a huge marketing blitz early 2011 after a tablet and superphone have been unveiled at CES.
  5.    #5  
    HP has a dog in the show now. I don't think they'd go so far as to release this new device and then not market it all. The problem with most Pre users is that they think only within the confines of this forum. Yes, the Pre 2 isn't a huge leap from the Pre Plus for you and me. However, Pre and WebOS are largely unknown entities to most Americans. An effective and aggressive marketing campaign could do a lot to change that, plus it would sow seeds for whatever is coming out next spring.
    Quote Originally Posted by YankBoy View Post
    That's a clever commercial, but it doesn't show people the PHONE. Show the world the Pre 2 multitasking.
    "Show the world the Pre 2", sounds like it has the potential for the slogan of a clever advertisement. Marketing is vital to the success of the Pre 2 and if HP does not start a commercial blitz soon, they may see the Pre 2 go down the road of its predecessor.

"How art thou, thou globby bottle of cheap, stinking chip oil? Come and get one in the yarbles, if ya have any yarbles, you eunuch jelly thou!"
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    I heard from people I know that it will be in November. However no date was given, "end of November". Apparently VZW has about 6 new handsets slated for November.
    there will be little to no marketing on this phone... why? because in a few months they want to come out with a BIG BOOM... CES will be all about HP's webos. WebOS 2.0 has been in the oven for a while and they know the software is just as important as the hardware.

All i say is they better have kik but phones ready to go and a marketing plan that uses all the stars and athletes that they use in their laptop commercials.
  9.    #9  
    Why would commercials for the Pre 2 detract from any launches they have next spring? Anything they announce at CES will be radically different from the Pre 2, so that alone will distinguish it. Proper marketing for the Pre 2 can only enhance what they do at CES.
    HP has a dog in the show now. I don't think they'd go so far as to release this new device and then not market it all. The problem with most Pre users is that they think only within the confines of this forum. Yes, the Pre 2 isn't a huge leap from the Pre Plus for you and me. However, Pre and WebOS are largely unknown entities to most Americans. An effective and aggressive marketing campaign could do a lot to change that, plus it would sow seeds for whatever is coming out next spring.
    Here's a clue for how much of a priority marketing this is to HP: It was announced yesterday with a press release.

Notice also the lack of HP branding. Also, when is Palm going to get around to fixing one of the more prominent links to the Palm Pre 2 on their own website? It still takes you to the wrong device.
    Global Posts
    610 Global Posts
    This will be with carrier advertising. In addition, since the last time VzW put out ads, they have changed creative agencies. Now, it's the people who were responsible for the DROID campaign.

VzW went outside their former agency just for this campaign. Then earlier this year, they switched to that agency. Just an FYI.
    "...we promise this time it won't break into pieces from normal use..."
    Nov 11? Couldn't different website got the same information from each other? Like he say she say
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    Nov 11? Couldn't different website got the same information from each other? Like he say she say
    Of course. However, most places wouldn't simply report information they read on another website. Not saying it doesn't happen...it does. But can ALL of those websites possibly be doing that? And that's just the ones I pulled up immediately on Google. Many more saying the same thing.
    ...i'm starting to get nauseous every DROID and BB Torch ad i see...BAAARFFF

on verizon and have a LOOONG time before I upgrade, but i need to see HP and VZW putting out some good ads....
    -- VZW Pre+ -- Uberk/Gov fixed @ 1ghz -- QPST gps mod -- stock battery (?mugen 3800?) --
  16.    #16  
    Do you have any thoughts on the Pre's potential 11/11 launch on Verizon and what marketing strategies HP/Palm could use to promote it? I think that was the point of the OP.
    Last edited by ryleyinstl; 10/20/2010 at 10:38 AM.
    blackberry doesn't advertise every phone they release.
    nor does android.
    neither will hp or palm advertise aggressively for this device other than some more effective ads here and there...there will be no more mom ads.
    why? Because this is just the first of many new webOS phones that will likely be hitting the market over the nxt year.
    slab, pixi 2, pre 2, perhaps others.
    now we will have CHOICE.
    I will choose the pre 2 form factor, others will choose some other.
    the "flagship" devices for all phones except the iphone only remain a flagship for a few months.
    just accept the fact that whatever phone you pick, it will feel outdated after 6 months.

Except the pre. My preplus, overclocked and patched, with a gradually increasing app catalog and soon to be released webOS 2.0, has actually gotten better since jan.

how many people can say that about their other phones?

like it or not, webOS is hear to stay.

deal with it.
    Well, this is getting a bit off topic. I'm not going to wade into a philosophical discussion of internet reporting.

But, while you're here, do you have any thoughts on the Pre's potential 11/11 launch on Verizon and what marketing strategies HP/Palm could use to promote it? I think that was the point of the OP.
    Just a quick quest Yank... Why would the release date affect how they should market the phone?...

I think everyone in this thread is all in agreement that HP need to throw much more $$$ into the marketing campaign to revitalize (no not a shampoo commercial) webos and the pre 2 in the minds of consumers ...

This should happen regardless of release date...

Just an opinion I took from another site

[i]-- Sent from my Palm PrPrPr
    Quote Originally Posted by MDsmartphone View Post
    Except the pre. My preplus, overclocked and patched, with a gradually increasing app catalog and soon to be released webOS 2.0, has actually gotten better since jan.

how many people can say that about their other phones?
    Pretty much any iPhone or Android owner. Think they each had significant OS upgrades since January and far more additions to their app catalogs than WebOS did.
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    Just a quick quest Yank... Why would the release date affect how they should market the phone?...

I think everyone in this thread is all in agreement that HP need to throw much more $$$ into the marketing campaign to revitalize (no not a shampoo commercial) webos and the pre 2 in the minds of consumers ...

This should happen regardless of release date...

Just an opinion I took from another site

[i]-- Sent from my Palm PrPrPr
    Well, if you take the 11/11 rumors seriously, then that's 3 weeks from now. Just wondering if we should start seeing some kind of commercials for it pretty soon.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast