Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    When they offer a new phone, Sprint HAS to offer an upgrade discount to Premier customers (this is in their contract now). And Sprint does NOT want to waste their own money on a device they see as from old technology.

And yes, they would have to preorder a bunch of them for a launch. So they can't just buy them as customers ask for them. So they'd have to spend money up front. It would be a bad business choice for Sprint.
    As a Premier customer, I can only hope they do it anyways...

My Themes:CLICK HERE
    Quote Originally Posted by 6tr6tr View Post
    When they offer a new phone, Sprint HAS to offer an upgrade discount to Premier customers (this is in their contract now). And Sprint does NOT want to waste their own money on a device they see as from old technology.

And yes, they would have to preorder a bunch of them for a launch. So they can't just buy them as customers ask for them. So they'd have to spend money up front. It would be a bad business choice for Sprint.
    meaningless..

it actually benefits them to tie you in for another 2 year contract
    It would even benefit them more to not need to continue replacing Pre classics that keep breaking down.
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    meaningless..

it actually benefits them to tie you in for another 2 year contract
    They've got me tied in for 2 more years, pre or no pre. I'm sad, but I'll get over it. The problem is once I get over it, I'll probably never come back.
    Sprints probably banking on these 2 facts.

1. webos users are only a small part of there userbase
    2. most of those users will be willing to use there upgrade on 4g android phones if the pre2 isnt released on sprint

palms been failing too hard on sprint for them to risk it all again. i dont blame them one bit for avoiding palm. especially since the pre2 is probably less exciting to the public than the original was at launch.

this coming from a pre owner since launch....
    I'll buy a Verizon Pre Plus and upgrade my Sprint Pre minus before wasting an upgrade on an Android phone. Then when my contract is up, I'll switch to whoever has the latest portrait slider Palm phone.

If Sprint is done with Palm, I'm done with them forever, after having switched to them specifically for the Pre.
    meh, I've threatened t-mobile with that cause they were trying to screw me, but sprint could allways come along with something cool down the line, if they're still alive
    Quote Originally Posted by 6tr6tr View Post

Business on a whole is a risky venture.. Sprint are any other company knows about the risk in selling certain phones. It either sells or it dont. Thats business.
    Quote Originally Posted by kurzweil View Post
    I'll buy a Verizon Pre Plus and upgrade my Sprint Pre minus before wasting an upgrade on an Android phone. Then when my contract is up, I'll switch to whoever has the latest portrait slider Palm phone.

If Sprint is done with Palm, I'm done with them forever, after having switched to them specifically for the Pre.
    i feel u, but i'm sure most people don't feel that way...
    Hey what's this upgrade discount you speak of? I recently used my Premiere yearly discount on another line, and if the Pre 2 did come to sprint soon...
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    they can give that pre to big red i wont buy it any how im a long time sprint pre user and im switching to the evo this holiday
    So should we expect you back by New Year?
    wont happen any time soon !
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    You know, ..

Sprint COULD take preorders from existing customers and then order them from HP, so no extra inventory...

Everyone wins in that regard.

Just sayin...

"The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

Maybe it's because of this:

"From a handset perspective, Palm is done. People in the industry, including carriers, are basically writing it off." -Lloyd Walmsley, senior analyst at Primary Global Research

source:
    HP's Palm Pre 2 limps out the door - Oct. 19, 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post

"From a handset perspective, Palm is done. People in the industry, including carriers, are basically writing it off." -Lloyd Walmsley, senior analyst at Primary Global Research

source:
    and possibly another reason why HP is totally pushing tablets and printers. Maybe they know it too.
    That would really be sad if its true. Seriously why is android so amazing and webos is done? Android is nothing special i used it and was unimpressed. Its not intuitive at all, not even as productive. It just has good hardware. Ios is good, but lacks a kyboard and as i type on my itouch, i hate how little of the screen u see as uou type. Webos is the future imho, but everyones writing it off. Im not a ****** of anything. But i see the potential in webos just like ios had when it was introduced. Webos will continue to get better i just hope sprint realizes it before i leave. Ill assume they wait for palms big device. If they dont jump on that, then im done with sprint.
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post

source:

Why should we care what a little analyst with a BA in History has to say about Palm? This guy is a NOBODY.....
    i like Sprint but i love my WebOS better. i have original Pre. the original Pre needs an upgrade. i would be satisfied IF i had a Pre Plus. since i dont i want a new or upgrade WebOS which ever carrier that is
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast