1.    #1  
    Any ideas or insight on when the palm pre 2 will be available for AT&T?

Would it be worth waiting?
    From what I understand service providers(ie AT&T) decide when they will start selling particular phones, not the phone manufacturers themselves, so who knows haha.

As far as waiting goes, that is really up to you. I just recently upgraded to the Pre+ on AT&T and I couldn't be happier, the developers at precentral really have done an amazing job with the patches and make the user experience with the Pre+ that much better!

I think the Pre2 looks great but it's not the cutting edge knockout phone I was hoping for( however my guess is that a new phone is still in the works/ coming soon and that the Pre 2 was already being worked on by Palm before they were bought by HP).

Unless HP/Palm really mess up I see myself staying with them for the indefinite future, I loved my Centro and it was the deciding factor for me staying with Palm and upgrading to the Pre+(which I also love haha), rather that going to Android or the iphone.
  3.    #3  
    thanks, your thoughts have been quite helpful
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    If you look at the videos posted on this site, the phone he is running even says AT&T in the home screen...maybe that is an idication?
  5.    #5  
    GASP, your right!
    I would upgrade my Pre+ to a Pre2 with ATT.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Quote Originally Posted by mjsmiley View Post
    If you look at the videos posted on this site, the phone he is running even says AT&T in the home screen...maybe that is an idication?
    its an unlocked dev version he has running with an at&t sim card.
    iPhone 4s 64gb for personal, at&t Prē 3 for business. Best of both worlds.
    OP, you could buy the dev phone and use it on AT&T. From the looks of HP/Palm developers program, its free for anyone to enter(and you can pick a "developer account","open source developer account" or "community account". I assume that last one is for people who come to websites like this because I like WebOS so much. HP/Palm haven't given all the details, but from the looks of it, we might be able to buy a Pre 2 straight from Palm without any shady business.