Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 24
  1.    #1  
    I really can't wrap my mind around why some in this forum are so doggone upset about the Pre 2 details released today. Obviously this device (or something similar) had been in the works before the HP acquisition and it wasn't reasonable to expect any totally new hardware from HP/Palm before CES 2011. So, here are the options:

    1) HP/Palm could just go all the way through next spring with no new devices at all (to be announced at CES 2011)

    OR

    2) They could release a device that they have ready now for those who might be interested.

    For those of you who don't want the Pre 2, well, you would have been waiting until next year anyway, so why do you even care?
  2. #2  
    the only thing bothering me is that im unsure as to when sprint will get another WebOS device...

    i wouldnt mind a Pre2
  3.    #3  
    Well, yeah, I can understand why the Sprint people would be miffed about their situation.

    There just isn't any rationale for those who are mad about the Pre 2 itself.
  4. #4  
    I remember reading that this Pre2 was supposed to be released in July. Being bought by HP kinda delayed the launch lol.

    I think people are mad because they think the Pre2 is the new amazing device that HP and Palm have been talking about for a while now. The Pre2 is not meant to be Palm's new top-of-the-line webOS phone... It's just an upgraded Pre that was supposed to be released over the summer. lol
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
  5. #5  
    also notice the name.......... Drumroll...... PALM

    this IS the PALM line

    I would not expect anything dramatically new or revolutionary UNTIL you see the name HP exclusively
  6. #6  
    People are mad because:

    1. They want a webOS device with up to date hardware now, as they've been waiting long enough, as opposed to 1Q 2011.
    2. No matter how good something is, people will always complain.

    We people today are too spoiled. Having a Pre 2 would be freaking awesome. Would I like something with better hardware and different form factor? Yes. But I'm still grateful for what I got.

    The best part to me about the Pre 2 comming out is that there are gonna be more users, which means more money for developers, which means more apps, and a higher chance of big name apps comming.
  7. #7  
    Thanks for the post!
    I also have a problem understanding the uproar about the Pre 2. The phone is exactly what people have been screaming for – a hardware update! As far as what carriers and when it is released it is a wait and see situation but if rumors are true all carriers will eventually get the new phone or the HP line of HP webOS phones that are to be announced at CES 2011.
    This is an exciting day for WebOS users, as we have had more news in one day that we have had in the last two months.
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
  8. #8  
    I think it's two fold, the people bummed about it not being cutting edge spec wise and people bummed about it not coming to their carrier (and sprint people have now been shunned twice, once with the plus and now with the 2) plus sprint people have had the same phone now for around a year and a half, and for gadget freaks like us, that's an eternity, in fact it's probably been the longest they've had one phone.
    iPhone 4s 64gb for personal, at&t Prē 3 for business. Best of both worlds.
  9. #9  
    no furor for me, just disappointment. Not worth the upgrade for another two or three year contract.
    how is this phone going to attract existing customers, let alone new ones.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by ChickenMan View Post
    The best part to me about the Pre 2 comming out is that there are gonna be more users, which means more money for developers, which means more apps, and a higher chance of big name apps comming.
    I'm not sure that will be the case.

    A lot of people on this forum can't or won't upgrade to the Pre 2. Some are even looking for other platforms to migrate to. That's Palm's core audience and they're not coming along for the ride.
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by fernandez21 View Post
    I think it's two fold, the people bummed about it not being cutting edge spec wise and people bummed about it not coming to their carrier (and sprint people have now been shunned twice, once with the plus and now with the 2) plus sprint people have had the same phone now for around a year and a half, and for gadget freaks like us, that's an eternity, in fact it's probably been the longest they've had one phone.
    That would be a true statement if it weren't for that fact of those TEN Windows Phone 7 devices that ALL launched with 1ghz processors, 512MB of RAM, and 8-16GB of storage...

    Windows Phone 7 handsets: spec comparison -- Engadget
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by cobrakon View Post
    That would be a true statement if it weren't for that fact of those TEN Windows Phone 7 devices that ALL launched with 1ghz processors, 512MB of RAM, and 8-16GB of storage...

    Windows Phone 7 handsets: spec comparison -- Engadget
    that would be true too but Windows 7 is a complete new os/phone, bigger screens and comes in different models (with and without keyboards).

    you know the roll out of these new phones will have big push in advertising.

    at least we have webos 2.0 to look forward too. i just wish the community devs could some how port webos over to different phones such as HTC phones
    Last edited by c_legaspi; 10/19/2010 at 07:45 PM.
  13. Cringer's Avatar
    Posts
    475 Posts
    Global Posts
    483 Global Posts
    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    also notice the name.......... Drumroll...... PALM

    this IS the PALM line

    I would not expect anything dramatically new or revolutionary UNTIL you see the name HP exclusively
    Ok, this has become a popular line recently. Can someone point to actual evidence that "the good phones" will be branded HP? I think all phones will continue to be branded Palm personally, as they are already doing.

    [i]-- Sent from my Palm PrPrPr
    Apps:

    Turn the Dial Radio Directory (Phones)
    8-bit Miner (TouchPad)
    Turn the Dial Digital Edition (TouchPad)
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by cobrakon View Post
    That would be a true statement if it weren't for that fact of those TEN Windows Phone 7 devices that ALL launched with 1ghz processors, 512MB of RAM, and 8-16GB of storage...

    Windows Phone 7 handsets: spec comparison -- Engadget
    Those specs were cutting edge 8 months ago, now they are on par with the rest. Plus other cutting edge features offered by other high end handsets include : auto focus camera, hd video recording, front facing cameras, higher resolution screens, new LCD technologies (ips LCD, amoled, ect. ), better battery life, dual mics, and for sprint users wimax. And some are now preferring larger screens. I'm not saying the pre 2 is bad, if it was available for AT&T I would be getting it, but just pointing out why some people are mad about the new device.
    iPhone 4s 64gb for personal, at&t Prē 3 for business. Best of both worlds.
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by YankBoy View Post
    I really can't wrap my mind around why some in this forum are so doggone upset about the Pre 2 details released today. Obviously this device (or something similar) had been in the works before the HP acquisition and it wasn't reasonable to expect any totally new hardware from HP/Palm before CES 2011. So, here are the options:

    1) HP/Palm could just go all the way through next spring with no new devices at all (to be announced at CES 2011)

    OR

    2) They could release a device that they have ready now for those who might be interested.

    For those of you who don't want the Pre 2, well, you would have been waiting until next year anyway, so why do you even care?
    That's not why we, Sprint customers, are upset. We are upset because if our Pre dies before Sprint offers a webOS device we are going to have to go with another device, like the Epic.
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by htabbach View Post
    That's not why we, Sprint customers, are upset. We are upset because if our Pre dies before Sprint offers a webOS device we are going to have to go with another device, like the Epic.
    I agree, I love webOS, but I was playing with the Epic 4g in the Sprint store the other day, and that is probably the best android phone I've used. I'm itching for it. I can upgrade to it right now. But I love webOS more, so I'm holding out.
  17. #17  
    Some can't see past their own hands. Do you really think that the Pre 2 is HP's hail-mary? You're not paying attention if you think that. Didn't a HP VP say last week that they'll release new webOS phones (plural) early next year? Didn't Palm HP register for CES?

    There will prolly be three webOS phones with the Pre2 being 2nd best model. A slate type phone will likely be introduced at CES. That phone, in order to make it totally different and appear like an upgrade from the Pre2 most likely will have the front facing cam, dual core 1ghz processor, 4in screen, hd cam recording and all of the other crap that other phones have.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
  18. #18  
    I'm disappointed because I don't think it's worth the upgrade. I'm on a Sprint Pre, and the extra 256MB RAM, 8GB space, performance difference vs. 1 GHz OC, build quality changes, and 5MP vs 3MP camera aren't enough for me to extend my contract another couple of years. I will have to wait until the reviews with the final version of the device come out before I feel more certain, but that's how it is for me right now.

    The biggest thing though is going to be seeing how the developer response has been to the SDK and if a splash at CES is enough to attract enough major companies.
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by stung View Post
    I'm disappointed because I don't think it's worth the upgrade. I'm on a Sprint Pre, and the extra 256MB RAM, 8GB space, ***performance difference vs. 1 GHz OC***, build quality changes, and 5MP vs 3MP camera aren't enough for me to extend my contract another couple of years.
    I really (REALLY) don't understand the logic behind this repeated comment. People act like webOS 2.0 has HTC kernel blocking built it. Sure, Dieter showed the Pre+ nearly matching the Pre2 on stock performance....but what will you say when WOSI ups the Pre2 to 1.6~1.8 and it's twice as fast as the OC Pre+. It really boggles the mind...

    /scratches head
    Last edited by cobrakon; 10/20/2010 at 11:26 PM.
  20. #20  
    idk, i 've said it before, but if palm didn't call it the pre "2" and opted for some other reference that denoted greater than pre+, but not pre "2", I think everyone wouldn't have their panties in a wad. Because that is what it is, the pre (we gotta up something)_ but the best is yet to come.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions