1.    #1  
    Greetings,

After hearing about the new Palm Pre 2 coming soon (hopefully) I was just as excited as the next person. As a Sprint Palm Pre user for almost 2 years, I was kind of expecting something a little more than what was realesed. Something more compatible with the newer smart phones. Something new and more signifying to the Palm Pre. With a monstrous company behind it (HP) you would think it would have all the hardware and equipment needed to be the ultimate device on the market. Sooo...What's up?

Another question is, (For people who already have hands on the Palm Pre 2) Have they made necessary steps to prevent the annoying (Stuck on headset mode) or not?

Last question, You think I should upgrade when the Palm Pre 2 comes out on Sprint or should I just wait for the next Gen?

Thanks guys
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ra88sheed View Post
    As a Sprint Palm Pre user for almost 2 years
    Two years?...... no
    With a monstrous company behind it (HP) you would think it would have all the hardware and equipment needed to be the ultimate device on the market. Sooo...What's up?
    I believe the Pre2 is a product that will not be heavily pushed by HP, but more along the lines of just grasping at straws until their reveal at CES.
    Another question is, (For people who already have hands on the Palm Pre 2) Have they made necessary steps to prevent the annoying (Stuck on headset mode) or not?
    At this point no one is real sure what the build quality looks like or any exact changes that were made.
    Last question, You think I should upgrade when the Palm Pre 2 comes out on Sprint or should I just wait for the next Gen?
    Wait for CES and then make your decision.
    Last edited by Traxion; 10/19/2010 at 03:07 PM.
    "I will go in this way, but I'll find my own way out." -DMB

Dear Lord,
    Please grant me the ability to punch people in the face over standard TCP/IP.
    Amen.
    well waiting wont be too long, wait till CES and january for any "big" new phones to be announced
    O.K. Help me out here. Why in the world would HPalm release the Pre 2, however lackluster, if it wasn't THE Palm phone (update to the Pixi not withstanding) of the next 1-2 years?

And, if they DO announce any "big" new phones, THOSE won't reach Verizon until June (not that they come close to deserving them) followed by Sprint around 3rd quarter of next year.

So... what's the point?
    "If you can't view and manage multiple apps, via multiple open windows, side-by-side, it's not multi-tasking, PERIOD." - Me
    Quote Originally Posted by pelikan3 View Post
    O.K. Help me out here. Why in the world would HPalm release the Pre 2, however lackluster, if it wasn't THE Palm phone (update to the Pixi not withstanding) of the next 1-2 years?

And, if they DO announce any "big" new phones, THOSE won't reach Verizon until June (not that they come close to deserving them) followed by Sprint around 3rd quarter of next year.

So... what's the point?
    Because Palm basically had the Pre2 finished when they were bought by HP. Might as well release it and try to make some money instead of throwing it all in the trash.
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Just got an e-mail from HP announcing the Palm Pre 2. Gee thanks guys (can't upgrade for another year!).
    Greetings,

Stuck on headset has been fixed. Get a replacement through warranty or TEP. I speak as a customer who has had this fixed through warranty just for that issue. Never had a problem since.

"When the Palm Pre 2 comes out on Sprint" Slow down cowboy, right now we're not even sure if Sprint will carry the Pre 2. Remember they never picked up the Pre Plus and have made no announcement to carry the Pre2. But personally I'd go with the next gen. Take a look at a current Pre overclocked vs. the Pre 2, they are about the same speed.
    this is what Ruby has been talking about that there have been phones in the works the whole time lol can't wait for CES.. then another 3-6 months for hardware after that.
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    with HP the future of WebOS is bright ... bypass palm pre 2 and wait for next generation device ...
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Really think that the Pre2 is just a product of what Palm was already working on during the merger. I think they went ahead with it to keep webOS hype going and to tide fans over until the super phone(Roadrunner HD?) and PalmPad are announced.
    I'm in the same position--I have a launch day Pre on Sprint. I had to replace it once after I dropped it on frozen asphalt. It's slow but it works well enough.

I'm waiting for CES, partly because I would prefer to stay with Sprint, and partly because I want to see the tablet(s) and how they fit in with the phone(s), how the whole ecosystem will work. Then I'll make my decision on an upgrade, if I'm getting a tablet, etc. It's hard to make a decision based on speculation.
    Palm III - Tungsten E2 - Treo 680 - Palm Pre - Impatiently awaiting a Pre 3!
    I am in an awkward position. My original near launch day Sprint Pre recently fell out of my bicycle pouch (stupidly forgot to re-zip the pouch after a stop) and hit the pavement at 20 mph. It still functions but has some occasional issues like sometimes not ringing or vibrating on incoming calls (about once in every 15 to 20 calls). I can live with this for a short time, but I can't wait for CES + 6 months to replace the phone. I am upset that Sprint did not pickup the Pre2 because it will be very irritating to have to pay the insurance deductible on an "old" phone when I am eligible for an upgrade and there is nothing to upgrade to. Especially when I am very satisfied with the Pre form factor and I am happy with the Pre2 specs. I am definitely not wanting the 4" screen slab virtual keyboard form factor.
    Will WebOS run on the original Pre?
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sclifton57@yahoo.com View Post
    Will WebOS run on the original Pre?
    I assume you mean WebOS 2.0 and... Yes it will.
    "I will go in this way, but I'll find my own way out." -DMB

Dear Lord,
    Please grant me the ability to punch people in the face over standard TCP/IP.
    Amen.