Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by 6tr6tr View Post
    Sure, but watch them both start up the web browser itself. Overclocked Pre Plus wins both times.
    Yes, my Browser loads instantly after I initially load it the first time. It's like the Browser is kept in memory or something. Maybe webOS 2.0 changes this...
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    Need to see how flash acceloration works on the plus vs 2

[i]-- Sent from my Palm PrPrPr
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Yes, my Browser loads instantly after I initially load it the first time. It's like the Browser is kept in memory or something. Maybe webOS 2.0 changes this...
    Cache

4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    Cache

It's NOT cache. Both devices (Pre Plus AND Pre 2) have their web browser opened twice, both at the same times. So they BOTH have the app opened previously.

Also, you cannot cache an app. You can keep it open in the background, but you can't cache the app itself. You can cache data used by the app however. But that is NOT relevant here.
    It's NOT cache. Both devices (Pre Plus AND Pre 2) have their web browser opened twice, both at the same times. So they BOTH have the app opened previously.
    Yes, but we are dealing with two different versions of webOS here. 2.0 is very different from previous versions. We don't know all the fun technical details and how they work yet.

Also, you cannot cache an app. You can keep it open in the background, but you can't cache the app itself. You can cache data used by the app however. But that is NOT relevant here.
    Regardless of the technical term, webOS currently opens apps much faster any time you load them after the first initial launch. Maybe 2.0 handles this differently.

Anyway, we won't have any solid data until we get a Pre running 2.0 and a Pre2 running 2.0.
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    can't wait to see an overclocked Pre2...
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12