Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I chatted with a Sprint rep today, and according to him, they will get the Pre2. Color me skeptical, but that's what they said. Of course, they may just have been trying to get me off of chat. Still it's hopeful.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Twitter: dullgeek
    "According to Palm" vs "According to Sprint" -- would be nice to get some clarification.

Glad you had better success talking to Sprint than I did....
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    sounds like they are saying what you want to hear to keep a happy customer, "ah, yeah.. Palm Pre2.? We will have those..."

Sprint REPS are always the first to know

Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
    I'm desperate for it...I hope they get it soon. I'm so sick of the issues with my Pre but I just tried switching to the HTC Evo and I am returning it because I found I just can't tolerate the lack of a keyboard nor do I like anything about Android except the vastly improved web browsing experience (the fact that it wraps text when you enlarge it).
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by itsyvonne View Post
    I'm desperate for it...I hope they get it soon. I'm so sick of the issues with my Pre but I just tried switching to the HTC Evo and I am returning it because I found I just can't tolerate the lack of a keyboard nor do I like anything about Android except the vastly improved web browsing experience (the fact that it wraps text when you enlarge it).
    Yeah, the web browsing on the Evo is really attractive. Of course, that's not android that does that. That's a function of HTC's sense.

As for me, I was this close to going to an Evo, but I couldn't get one to overlay multiple calendars via google. I just got the one main calendar instead of all the calendars that I have in my account. I tried it on an Epic, too, with the same result. IMHO that's a huge fail on android's part.

My primary desire for the Pre2 is 256MB of RAM. If Sprint doesn't get one, I may buy a VZW Pre+ and do some frankenphoning to get the extra RAM. My friends on VZW have a much less frustrating experience than I do. And the difference is RAM. Compache helps a lot, but nothing can make up for actual RAM.
    Global Posts
    374 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mu7efcer View Post
    My primary desire for the Pre2 is 256MB of RAM.
    The original Pre has 256MB of RAM. The Pre Plus and Pre 2 have 512 MB of RAM.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by reidme View Post
    The original Pre has 256MB of RAM. The Pre Plus and Pre 2 have 512 MB of RAM.
    Sorry. I should have said 256MB of additional RAM. Oops.
    Global Posts
    374 Global Posts
    I hope that the Sprint Rep wasn't just blowing smoke, because I'd like a Pre 2 on Sprint, but it really doesn't matter that much to me because I'll leave Sprint in a heartbeat if they don't get it. I like that Sprint is cheaper than Verizon, but VZ has better coverage.

I didn't switch to Sprint originally (almost 10 years ago) because they were cheaper, but because they had the Treo 300. I've stayed with with them because (even though their selection of phones is weak compared to other carriers) they always had the new Palm phones that I wanted. I've been gritting my teeth while VZ and AT&T got the Pre Plus, now Sprint is about to give me all the reason I need to take my four family lines to Verizon.
    I have a launch day pre and I would love the pre2 but I just started working for verizon so i'll switch my sprint pre for the epic and pre 2 on my employee account. Sprint should get the pre 2 first however.

[i]-- Sent from my Palm PrPrPr
  10.    #10  
    I pick the carrier first. Sprint coverage isn't as good as VZW's but the cost difference isn't worth the coverage difference to me. So I'm sticking w/Sprint.
    Am I the only one who thinks mu7fcer was chatting with a machine?
    Global Posts
    374 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mu7efcer View Post
    Sprint coverage isn't as good as VZW's but the cost difference isn't worth the coverage difference to me. So I'm sticking w/Sprint.
    I agree, that's why I've stayed with Sprint so far, because the coverage was good enough and the price was better. But if I can get better coverage AND get a better device then it becomes worth the price.
    I get a lot of service where my husband does not (he is with Verizon and I am with Sprint) and vice versa.
    Quote Originally Posted by cowgirlupkelly View Post
    I get a lot of service where my husband does not (he is with Verizon and I am with Sprint) and vice versa.
    I'm curious which areas those are. I've been told, by Sprint customers, that Verizon and Sprint have cross-coverage agreements for their entire network.
    My sister's house is a great example. I can only get coverage in the back yard. he gets it everywhere in the house and outside.

I however got better coverage when we were driving up through the middle of Nevada between Las Vegas and Reno. He had none.
    Global Posts
    374 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cowgirlupkelly View Post
    A great reason to have multiple carriers. I've been satisfied with Sprint's coverage, but I have friends and family members with Verizon, and where I live and travel Sprint is often equal, but never better than Verizon. There have been several times, especially at our lake house and at the beach, where Verizon is much better.
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    heres my transcription with a sprint rep... All my names were replaced by "ME"

15:56:19 : Connected to sprint.ehosts.net

15:56:19 : Session ID: XXXXXXX

15:56:19 : ME: Initial Question/Comment: Future Devices

15:56:24 : George K has joined this session!

15:56:24 : Connected with George K. Your Reference Number for this chat session is XXXXXXX.

15:56:24 : Thank you for contacting Sprint. My name is George K.

15:56:31 : ME: Hi George

15:56:45 : George K: Hello ME.

15:57:00 : ME: When you guys gettin some new phones that arent android junks.

15:57:20 : ME: im talkin iPhone or some new Palm / HP phones

15:57:32 : George K: Let me check the details for you.

15:58:04 : ME: I got an upgrade ready but android is junk, blackberry is JUNK, and your only palm phones are ancient.

15:58:40 : ME: I know you dont have any say in this matter, but if you could pass on the word to those above you to pass to those above them. Sprint users want BETTER non android phones. And we want them ASAP

15:59:06 : George K: I can understand.

15:59:16 : George K: We appreciate your feedback.

16:00:16 : George K: I will forward your feedback to the appropriate department.

16:00:31 : ME: thanks george, your the man.

16:00:51 : George K: However, we are launching Blackberry Style on October 31, 2010

16:01:06 : George K: Thank you for your kind words.

16:01:50 : ME: EEW

16:01:57 : ME: that phone looks TERRIBLE and you know it man!

16:02:13 : ME: come on, I know you cant say it but that phone is weak

16:02:13 : George K: I understand.

16:02:26 : ME: and has NO style

16:02:42 : ME: but i appreciate the help and if you can pass on that word to the uppers, you have helped me out

16:03:06 : George K: Sure, I will forward your feedback to the appropriate department.

16:03:31 : George K: Is there anything else I can assist you with?

16:04:00 : ME: nah thats it, unless you know of some new palm phones coming to sprint that you can tell me of

16:05:16 : George K: I am sorry, we do not have any information as of now about the launching of new Palm phones

16:05:40 : ME: no worries

16:05:49 : ME: take it easy George. Have a good night.
    Last edited by brendu; 10/19/2010 at 03:22 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by brendu View Post

I don't know, but I'd want my 10minutes back...
    Quote Originally Posted by brendu View Post

15:56:19 : Session ID: XXXXXXX

15:56:19 : ME: Initial Question/Comment: Future Devices

15:56:24 : George K has joined this session!

15:56:24 : Connected with George K. Your Reference Number for this chat session is XXXXXXX.

15:56:24 : Thank you for contacting Sprint. My name is George K.

15:56:31 : ME: Hi George

15:56:45 : George K: Hello ME.

15:57:00 : ME: When you guys gettin some new phones that arent android junks.

15:57:20 : ME: im talkin iPhone or some new Palm / HP phones

15:57:32 : George K: Let me check the details for you.

15:58:04 : ME: I got an upgrade ready but android is junk, blackberry is JUNK, and your only palm phones are ancient.

15:58:40 : ME: I know you dont have any say in this matter, but if you could pass on the word to those above you to pass to those above them. Sprint users want BETTER non android phones. And we want them ASAP

15:59:06 : George K: I can understand.

15:59:16 : George K: We appreciate your feedback.

16:00:16 : George K: I will forward your feedback to the appropriate department.

16:00:31 : ME: thanks george, your the man.

16:00:51 : George K: However, we are launching Blackberry Style on October 31, 2010

16:01:06 : George K: Thank you for your kind words.

16:01:50 : ME: EEW

16:01:57 : ME: that phone looks TERRIBLE and you know it man!

16:02:13 : ME: come on, I know you cant say it but that phone is weak

16:02:13 : George K: I understand.

16:02:26 : ME: and has NO style

16:02:42 : ME: but i appreciate the help and if you can pass on that word to the uppers, you have helped me out

16:03:06 : George K: Sure, I will forward your feedback to the appropriate department.

16:03:31 : George K: Is there anything else I can assist you with?

16:04:00 : ME: nah thats it, unless you know of some new palm phones coming to sprint that you can tell me of

16:05:16 : George K: I am sorry, we do not have any information as of now about the launching of new Palm phones

16:05:40 : ME: no worries

16:05:49 : ME: take it easy George. Have a good night.

Sounds a whole lot like the "OMM" confession in the unichaple in THX-1138

" Let us be thankful we have commerce. Buy more. Buy more now. Buy. And be happy"
    Here is my two cents and what a sprint person just told me online:

10/19/2010 05:17:07PM Agent (Rex S): "I am sorry, sprint does not provide the palm pre 2"
    10/19/2010 05:18:25PM Jordan: "Are they going to in the future?"
    10/19/2010 05:20:06PM Agent (Rex S): "Yes,that would be available in the future but there is no specific date. our engineers are also working on it.when it will be in the market. it will be update on the website."
    10/19/2010 05:21:02PM Jordan: "So it is coming, just not a release date yet of when?"
    10/19/2010 05:21:19PM Agent (Rex S): "That's correct.."
    10/19/2010 05:21:58PM Jordan: "ok.."
Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast