Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
    When I say they didn't offer Sprint "the correct value proposition", that encompasses a range of reasons and sticking points. It's incumbent on Palm to put that package together to address all of those. Sprint supported them when no one else did, sold the majority of their devices here in the US,got the worst Palm WebOS hardware, and frankly, owes NOTHING to either Palm or the people that bought Pre phones and demand a Plus or Pre 2.

I've seen people here suggest everything from comswaps to Sprint taking individual orders as these were handmade custom devices. The thing these all have in common is that they're unreasonable responses that offer no benefit to Sprint.
    Three years ago, Apple didn't have any leverage either. They went to Verizon and was sent walking. They got what they wanted out of AT&T because AT&T was in bad shape. Now, Apple has the leverage, and Verizon is the one that has to earn it.

HP/Palm have even less leverage than Apple did three years ago. Initially, Palm had Sprint because Sprint was in a death spiral, too. Now, Sprint is healthy(er), and Palm is dead. HP, the keeper of the Palm spirit, is not starting from zero, they're starting with a deficit. Right now, HP is the one who has to earn it. This is just the way of things.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    When I say they didn't offer Sprint "the correct value proposition", that encompasses a range of reasons and sticking points. It's incumbent on Palm to put that package together to address all of those. Sprint supported them when no one else did, sold the majority of their devices here in the US,got the worst Palm WebOS hardware, and frankly, owes NOTHING to either Palm or the people that bought Pre phones and demand a Plus or Pre 2.

I've seen people here suggest everything from comswaps to Sprint taking individual orders as these were handmade custom devices. The thing these all have in common is that they're unreasonable responses that offer no benefit to Sprint.

and you are correct sprint owes nothing to Palm, and infact I would say Palm owes sprint not only letting them release hardware, and a OS not ready for mass consumption, but also helping them promote a defective device. All Im saying is IMO it would not be a good business move not to offer a upgraded device (even if only ordering so many) on their network for the holiday season for people who prefer that OS. Especially when it looks as though both their compeitiors above them slotted will be doing so, and as well owe nothing to Palm in regards to the abomination they were giving in the last year.
    The Pre 2 is 3G right? Shouldn't we Sprint users save our upgrade credits for a WebOS 4G phone?
    Quote Originally Posted by mdwy62 View Post
    The Pre 2 is 3G right? Shouldn't we Sprint users save our upgrade credits for a WebOS 4G phone?
    All reports indicate 3g, yes.

Some people, well on these forums at least because I've NEVER seen people be against it elsewhere, think that 4g is actually a negative aspect.

Also, Verizon and others are going to have 4g by the end of the year. So yeah...
    from what I have heard about 4g is ,if yr in a 4g area,,it is insanely fast,,makes 3g feel like dial up. End of year is 8 weeks,,dont see verizon having 4g by year end.
    Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    from what I have heard about 4g is ,if yr in a 4g area,,it is insanely fast,,makes 3g feel like dial up. End of year is 8 weeks,,dont see verizon having 4g by year end.
    Verizon 4G service to hit 38 cities by end of 2010 - CSMonitor.com

Verizon pretty much plans a all-at-the-same-time rollout instead of the way Sprint did it.
    ahhhh I see,,learn something new everyday
    Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    ahhhh I see,,learn something new everyday
    Which begs the question if Hpalm missed an opportunity to be the FIRST 4g phone on the biggest wireless carrier.
    good point
    my question is hearing that HP will be selling a unlocked GSM variant through them, is it possiable to do a CDMA variant as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post
    my question is hearing that HP will be selling a unlocked GSM variant through them, is it possiable to do a CDMA variant as well.
    I don't understand this question...
    Nothing that I'm aware of stops them from releasing a CDMA variant...
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    I am not one to rumor monger but was at the Sprint store today getting my headset jack replaced and the rep confirmed a new palm device in early January. She didnt have any details other than it "is the same size back as the Pre".

I know, I know, but I take this as good news for those that 'just' want a Pre 2 like me.
    Dan
    update on the sprint poll:

Android (38%)

Palm webOS (58%)

BlackBerry (1%)

Windows 7 (2%)

Total Votes: 4,069
    Leave a comment on this poll. Add a comment
    Quote Originally Posted by preryan View Post
    Made me look.

Now what the heck does it mean?
    It's Plank's Law... (Which gets around the famous 'ultraviolet catastrophe' in physics.)

Planck's law - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

...ok... I'm a geek ;-)
    --
    Visor Deluxe > Visor Platinum > Visor Pro > Treo 180 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 680 > Palm Pre > EVO 4G
    but not going to get it because the other webos phone will be 4G
    how do you know??

do you know when??
    Quote Originally Posted by jyaden24 View Post
    how do you know??

do you know when??
    Didn't you get the memo?
    Global Posts
    264 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    Didn't you get the memo?
    erm...is the OP got any latest news from HP or sprint internal?the title of the thread a bit misleading
    There's another thread about a blog post by a guy who says he touched a Pre 2 and was told by the Palm rep that Verizon was the launch partner, not an exclusive carrier. He elaborated that all carriers would be getting the Pre 2 fairly soon after big red.
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast