Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 187
  1. #141  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike5 View Post
    I won't try to talk down the new Android phones because they are a factor. BUT, I also hope part of the reason customers are being added is 1) they just won the award for Best Customer Service & 2) Their pricing plans.
    I'm sure sprint knows exactly what phones they bought (EVO, Epic or Pre) even if they came for one of those two enumerated reasons. An likely will act in their best business interest.
  2. #142  
    Quote Originally Posted by LateNiteWithJme View Post
    Got a follow-up email from the rep:
    did anyone else notice that it says "care" instead of "carry?" i feel a little uneasy about an email that a sprint rep sent that has a typo like that in it.
  3. #143  
    Quote Originally Posted by alphonsocino View Post
    did anyone else notice that it says "care" instead of "carry?" i feel a little uneasy about an email that a sprint rep sent that has a typo like that in it.
    I wouldn't be to worried. When I had my conversation with a rep online, it was loaded with typos and broken English. I still won't believe anything until I see an offical announcement.
    What good is a man if he can not change the world?
    Kingdom of Heaven
  4. #144  
    If you guys haven't already log on to your sprint account and vote on the sprint community page for WebOS. Android is wining now but we have made a lot of headway today.

    * Android (45%)

    * Palm webOS (34%)

    * BlackBerry (11%)

    * Windows 7 (10%)
  5. #145  
    Quote Originally Posted by skilly_00 View Post
    If you guys haven't already log on to your sprint account and vote on the sprint community page for WebOS. Android is wining now but we have made a lot of headway today.

    * Android (45%)

    * Palm webOS (34%)

    * BlackBerry (11%)

    * Windows 7 (10%)
    It's now:
    Latest poll
    Which mobile platform do YOU think Sprint should focus on?

    Android (15%)
    Palm webOS (82%)
    BlackBerry (1%)
    Windows 7 (2%)
    See full results (1,680 Votes) More polls

    Sounds like a lot of Pre owners wanting a new phone.
  6. #146  
    Quote Originally Posted by GrandPubah View Post
    Latest poll
    Which mobile platform do YOU think Sprint should focus on?
    When I saw this on the front page of PC, it confirmed my darkest expectations about what was going on behind the scenes. Sprint had no intentions of carrying the P2. Further, they were not planning on carrying any other Palm device, superphone notwithstanding.

    It also strikes at the theory that there even is a superphone coming in the next couple of months, as the theory was Sprint was skipping the P2 for the next model. Clearly, that is not true.

    They are only now, gauging the interest in another wOS device. How many votes will it take for them to ignore the stockpiles of worthless Pres they have in their inventory?
  7. #147  
    I can finally stop complaining as on the front page of Precentral I saw the article which says that Sprint is asking its community what OS they should focus on. While this isn't a new phone announcement, they are at least finally giving us a real option to have our voices heard. Color me satisfyed.
    What good is a man if he can not change the world?
    Kingdom of Heaven
  8. LinT's Avatar
    Posts
    303 Posts
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    #148  
    Quote Originally Posted by dandbj13 View Post
    When I saw this on the front page of PC, it confirmed my darkest expectations about what was going on behind the scenes. Sprint had no intentions of carrying the P2. Further, they were not planning on carrying any other Palm device, superphone notwithstanding.

    It also strikes at the theory that there even is a superphone coming in the next couple of months, as the theory was Sprint was skipping the P2 for the next model. Clearly, that is not true.

    They are only now, gauging the interest in another wOS device. How many votes will it take for them to ignore the stockpiles of worthless Pres they have in their inventory?
    Wow, you really got a lot of concrete information there! You deduced all that just from a "poll"?
  9. #149  
    Quote Originally Posted by LinT View Post
    Wow, you really got a lot of concrete information there! You deduced all that just from a "poll"?
    Actually, yes. It stands to reason that Sprint is already focused on Android, and is the first CDMA carrier with a WP7 device announced, so they're already focusing there too. WebOS is the only unannounced, unspported choice for a new device.
  10. #150  
    I hear what people are saying, and even regards to overstock they have, Im sure they dont have as much as say Verizon, and as you can see Verizon intends on carring the Pre 2. Ive been with sprint for 12 years, and have been a loyal customers with them, and know the history they have had with Palm. So to deny products that are available for even if its a small customer base regarding a product most people have come to love, to me would be really a slap in the face to us loyal customers. We all know android at the moment is making them money, but its also making Verizon money too so where is the excuse in making such a statment. We even know that when it came to pushing the device out of the three carriers Verizon was the worst. We also know Android is making Verizon alot more money, and Verizon also is their main carrier. Along with the Iphone, their would be no real reason to support a OS, that they never intended on carring but they are. Even its seems AT&T will be carring the new device, and we all know Foxconn is making new devices for 2011, which further makes this a slap in the face to people who want even a spec bump phone on sprint. All the comments above, controdicting why sprint hasent made an announcement on a new HP device dosent make sence when I state the reason for Sprints compeitors to carry it. So to me I would leave Sprint for Verizon, if they dont intend on offering Products of all types like their competitors are willing to do.
  11. #151  
    Quote Originally Posted by LinT View Post
    Wow, you really got a lot of concrete information there! You deduced all that just from a "poll"?
    If Sprint were fully intending to carry the P2/Psuperphone, they wouldn't be asking; they would just do it. Clearly, they had decided against it, initially. Who knows what they will decide after the results.
  12. #152  
    Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post
    I hear what people are saying, and even regards to overstock they have, Im sure they dont have as much as say Verizon, and as you can see Verizon intends on carring the Pre 2. Ive been with sprint for 12 years, and have been a loyal customers with them, and know the history they have had with Palm. So to deny products that are available for even if its a small customer base regarding a product most people have come to love, to me would be really a slap in the face to us loyal customers. We all know android at the moment is making them money, but its also making Verizon money too so where is the excuse in making such a statment. We even know that when it came to pushing the device out of the three carriers Verizon was the worst. We also know Android is making Verizon alot more money, and Verizon also is their main carrier. Along with the Iphone, their would be no real reason to support a OS, that they never intended on carring but they are. Even its seems AT&T will be carring the new device, and we all know Foxconn is making new devices for 2011, which further makes this a slap in the face to people who want even a spec bump phone on sprint. All the comments above, controdicting why sprint hasent made an announcement on a new HP device dosent make sence when I state the reason for Sprints compeitors to carry it. So to me I would leave Sprint for Verizon, if they dont intend on offering Products of all types like their competitors are willing to do.
    I'm amazed that people still see Sprint at fault. They got royally shafted by being paying beta testers on the original Pre and Pixi. They advertised for the devices better than Palm ever did. They still carry both devices long after their effective shelf life. Should they agree in perpetuity to be Palm's dumping ground to please hardcore WebOS fans?
  13. #153  
    Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post
    I hear what people are saying, and even regards to overstock they have, Im sure they dont have as much as say Verizon, and as you can see Verizon intends on carring the Pre 2. Ive been with sprint for 12 years, and have been a loyal customers with them, and know the history they have had with Palm. So to deny products that are available for even if its a small customer base regarding a product most people have come to love, to me would be really a slap in the face to us loyal customers. We all know android at the moment is making them money, but its also making Verizon money too so where is the excuse in making such a statment. We even know that when it came to pushing the device out of the three carriers Verizon was the worst. We also know Android is making Verizon alot more money, and Verizon also is their main carrier. Along with the Iphone, their would be no real reason to support a OS, that they never intended on carring but they are. Even its seems AT&T will be carring the new device, and we all know Foxconn is making new devices for 2011, which further makes this a slap in the face to people who want even a spec bump phone on sprint. All the comments above, controdicting why sprint hasent made an announcement on a new HP device dosent make sence when I state the reason for Sprints compeitors to carry it. So to me I would leave Sprint for Verizon, if they dont intend on offering Products of all types like their competitors are willing to do.
    Is there a lot of overstock? I wanted to buy one, they asked me for $550. With a renewal it was like $200. That was about 3 months ago. I decided to wait because I heard of rumblings of a Pre 2 in the works. Now that it's on Verizon, I'm trying to convince my office to allow me to switch to Verizon, we'll see how that goes.

    I have an old HTC Touch Diamond, which has been great, works good. I just find I would like a hardware keyboard, small, portrait form factor. Every other phone out there presumes you want a tv in your pocket and billboard on the side of your face when talking on the phone.

    Pre 2 is win and I want it. Whether a better one comes out for Sprint doesn't really matter to me, I'd be OK with the original Pre at this point. I wanna new phone and nothing comes close features/specs and form factor that I want like the Pre 2.
  14. #154  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    I'm amazed that people still see Sprint at fault. They got royally shafted by being paying beta testers on the original Pre and Pixi. They advertised for the devices better than Palm ever did. They still carry both devices long after their effective shelf life. Should they agree in perpetuity to be Palm's dumping ground to please hardcore WebOS fans?
    Kinda. I mean if those "fans" are "paying customers", then yes.
  15. #155  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    I'm amazed that people still see Sprint at fault. They got royally shafted by being paying beta testers on the original Pre and Pixi. They advertised for the devices better than Palm ever did. They still carry both devices long after their effective shelf life. Should they agree in perpetuity to be Palm's dumping ground to please hardcore WebOS fans?
    they are at fault IMO, because if you look at it in that sense of being shafted by Palm then so did Verzion and AT&T. So if you had a client that you had a relationship for, many years in the making (regardless of ok to dismal sales that they had with the treo line) and for the first time gave you what they stated was a future hyped up device and didnt deliver on, regardless if they still made you more sales then not you would drop them, even though your've been with them for years? To me its business right, and it comes down to out dooling your compeitors right, and you want to offer the best line of devices running each OS, that is out there ( and yes Webos is popular just because its from Palm) right. Though if you don't offer a device that is new from that company, those are potential sales you would loose out on right. Knowing Sprint still not only has the majority of Webos users on contract with them, but also just Palm devices in general. If they dont offer what is available to them, and their other compeitors pick up that same device you decided to pass on, those are even more sales and current customers you will be loosing. Now dont get me wrong even loosing such minimal customers like the ones hailing the Webos OS won't destroy a company, but we are talking about the #3 wireless company right now that needs all the customers they can get, especially with Verizon launching LTE phones next year, and the iphone. So yes this is a dumb move for sprint if they choose to not only just pass on the Pre2, but pass and not offer a explanation to sprint customers on why they wont carry the Pre2, or advise us that they will be carring a device in the future instead then they are hurting themselves.
  16. #156  
    Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post
    they are at fault IMO, because if you look at it in that sense of being shafted by Palm then so did Verzion and AT&T. So if you had a client that you had a relationship for, many years in the making (regardless of ok to dismal sales that they had with the treo line) and for the first time gave you what they stated was a future hyped up device and didnt deliver on, regardless if they still made you more sales then not you would drop them, even though your've been with them for years? To me its business right, and it comes down to out dooling your compeitors right, and you want to offer the best line of devices running each OS, that is out there ( and yes Webos is popular just because its from Palm) right. Though if you don't offer a device that is new from that company, those are potential sales you would loose out on right. Knowing Sprint still not only has the majority of Webos users on contract with them, but also just Palm devices in general. If they dont offer what is available to them, and their other compeitors pick up that same device you decided to pass on, those are even more sales and current customers you will be loosing. Now dont get me wrong even loosing such minimal customers like the ones hailing the Webos OS won't destroy a company, but we are talking about the #3 wireless company right now that needs all the customers they can get, especially with Verizon launching LTE phones next year, and the iphone. So yes this is a dumb move for sprint if they choose to not only just pass on the Pre2, but pass and not offer a explanation to sprint customers on why they wont carry the Pre2, or advise us that they will be carring a device in the future instead then they are hurting themselves.
    Paragraphs, please.
  17. wj66's Avatar
    Posts
    5 Posts
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    #157  
    People are no longer loyal to carriers- they are loyal to OSs.I don't know how many Pre users there are on Sprint, but many will jump to another carrier if they don't get the latest and greatest
  18. #158  
    Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post
    they are at fault IMO, because if you look at it in that sense of being shafted by Palm then so did Verzion and AT&T. So if you had a client that you had a relationship for, many years in the making (regardless of ok to dismal sales that they had with the treo line) and for the first time gave you what they stated was a future hyped up device and didnt deliver on, regardless if they still made you more sales then not you would drop them, even though your've been with them for years? To me its business right, and it comes down to out dooling your compeitors right, and you want to offer the best line of devices running each OS, that is out there ( and yes Webos is popular just because its from Palm) right. Though if you don't offer a device that is new from that company, those are potential sales you would loose out on right.
    Not necessarily. There's more to the profitability of a device than making a sale. Does it cost you man hours processing returns and repairs? Does it cost you customers because people have to wait longer in line in a Sprint Store due to examing and swapping out Pre phones? Does it cost you customers when the customer satisfaction of the device on Sprint.com is nowhere near that of Android devices like the HTC Hero and Evo, and the Samsung Epic 4G?

    I mean, following your logic above, every domestic carrier should've been trying to pull down a Nokia N900, N97, or N8. SOMEBODY in America buys these devices, so they're losing out, are they not?

    Knowing Sprint still not only has the majority of Webos users on contract with them, but also just Palm devices in general. If they dont offer what is available to them, and their other compeitors pick up that same device you decided to pass on, those are even more sales and current customers you will be loosing.
    I think Sprint has found that quite a few are more than happy to convert to
    Android, and more will do the same for WP7. They may lose some WebOS customers, but if their reps aren't motivated to sell it, customers are only moderately satisfied, and you end up breaking even or with a Net loss when everything is figured....well, then the decision makes more sense. People look at the Verizon deal as a seal of approval, but the truth is that Verizon carries most anything from most any manufacturer, and they can afford to be non-discerning. Sprint can't...or at least not to the same degree.

    Now dont get me wrong even loosing such minimal customers like the ones hailing the Webos OS won't destroy a company, but we are talking about the #3 wireless company right now that needs all the customers they can get, especially with Verizon launching LTE phones next year, and the iphone. So yes this is a dumb move for sprint if they choose to not only just pass on the Pre2, but pass and not offer a explanation to sprint customers on why they wont carry the Pre2, or advise us that they will be carring a device in the future instead then they are hurting themselves.
    It should be up to Palm to get their products on said carrier. Sprint isn't turning them down to be mean and ruin WebOS fans' Christmas. They are doing so because Palm has yet to provide them with the correct value proposition. They did THE EXACT SAME THING to Android's first two devices. Dan Hesse publicly stated that he felt they weren't ready for primetime yet. It was on device makers to make a device to change his mind. HTC did with the Hero, and the rest is history. Now, it is HP's turn.
  19. #159  
    All those chat sessions with sprint reps at the beginning of this thread...sounds like you are talking to robots. haha.
  20. #160  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Not necessarily. There's more to the profitability of a device than making a sale. Does it cost you man hours processing returns and repairs? Does it cost you customers because people have to wait longer in line in a Sprint Store due to examing and swapping out Pre phones? Does it cost you customers when the customer satisfaction of the device on Sprint.com is nowhere near that of Android devices like the HTC Hero and Evo, and the Samsung Epic 4G?

    I mean, following your logic above, every domestic carrier should've been trying to pull down a Nokia N900, N97, or N8. SOMEBODY in America buys these devices, so they're losing out, are they not?



    I think Sprint has found that quite a few are more than happy to convert to
    Android, and more will do the same for WP7. They may lose some WebOS customers, but if their reps aren't motivated to sell it, customers are only moderately satisfied, and you end up breaking even or with a Net loss when everything is figured....well, then the decision makes more sense. People look at the Verizon deal as a seal of approval, but the truth is that Verizon carries most anything from most any manufacturer, and they can afford to be non-discerning. Sprint can't...or at least not to the same degree.



    It should be up to Palm to get their products on said carrier. Sprint isn't turning them down to be mean and ruin WebOS fans' Christmas. They are doing so because Palm has yet to provide them with the correct value proposition. They did THE EXACT SAME THING to Android's first two devices. Dan Hesse publicly stated that he felt they weren't ready for primetime yet. It was on device makers to make a device to change his mind. HTC did with the Hero, and the rest is history. Now, it is HP's turn.

    true in profitablity, but believe me the return rate though maybe higher for the pre and pixi on sprint for the past year, they had alot with Android too.

    as for as nokia, as stated:

    Nokia World 2010: Nothing much to see for US market | ZDNet

    US consumers

    US consumers do not think of Nokia mobile phones as smartphones and honestly we have seen just a few (E71x on AT&T, E73 Mode and Nuron on T-Mobile) over the last couple of years so there is no reason to expect that they would. In the good old days of mobile phone adoption it seems everyone was given a free Nokia phone to get started and they worked well as durable, decent quality devices. I think many US consumers still have the impression that Nokia makes low end, throw-away cell phones.

    The US wireless market is different than many other areas of the world and most all phones are sold in stores through a subsidized pricing model. High end Nokia smartphones are sold here only as SIM-unlocked devices and while this may be cheaper in the long run due to no contracts, ability to tether without carrier charges, and other factors it doesn’t matter because the initial price is generally $500+ and the expected high end smartphone price today is $200. I have tried explaining the two year cost differences to people, but am done trying to convince anyone any more since I am not going to change anyone’s mind with these $200 subsidized prices being thrown in their faces.


    US consumers buy Nokia phones yes, but they still don't account for much over here, so why supply devices that most people will shy away from for devices they see all the time on commericals, and in peoples hands ala Android, WM, BB, and Webos.

    though you say Verizon carrys everything, more so then sprint, though I cant remember a time when Sprint didnt carry a device Verizon had? My main reason with staying with sprint is because they always offered a updated option on all the main devices that are out there.

    though Im guessing this is your opinion on why sprint (as we dont even know this as a fact yet either) is turning down palm because they havent offered
    the correct value proposition. I mean only Sprint knows why they havent yet, or wont offer the Pre 2 at this point.

    when hesse stated android wasent ready for primetime: Sprint CEO: We're glad we waited on Android | Beyond Binary - CNET News he was correct it was coming from a company that developed the OS from developers that didnt know a thing about smartphones, well before Google purchased the OS in 05. As well as Google, nor Android didnt have a name when it came out, the difference between them and a vet Palm.
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions