Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by delta7 View Post
    webos is for loyalist, loyalist isn't where the money is at.
    The same thing was said about Apple as a whole not all that long ago.

Just hope webOS new phones will soon be announced so HP/Palm might be able to revive in some way like Apple did.
    I see pandas.
    If webOS doesn't remain as a viable option on Sprint, I don't know where else they would make any sort of dent, at least in the U.S. ATT has the iPhone, Verizon is getting the iPhone and are already major Android promoters.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    What's scary about that is she said "the future of webOS phones!" Notice, not the Pre 2. Not a Palm phone. The entire idea of ANY webOS phone ever being on Sprint again! Yikes!
    Global Posts
    374 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 6tr6tr View Post
    What's scary about that is she said "the future of webOS phones!" Notice, not the Pre 2. Not a Palm phone. The entire idea of ANY webOS phone ever being on Sprint again! Yikes!
    She didn't say that at all, "the future of webOS phones" could easily mean which webOS phones to carry.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    exactly what i noticed 6tr6tr...no webOS on sprint ever again? = no webOS for me again
    If you want the P2, switch to Verizon and buy it. If Sprint loses enough customers, they will carry the P2. It seems counter productive to whine and keep paying the bill. If you want to send Sprint a message they will listen to, vote with your feet and your wallet. Otherwise no one cares what you think. Just saying.
    Quote Originally Posted by dandbj13 View Post
    If you want the P2, switch to Verizon and buy it. If Sprint loses enough customers, they will carry the P2. It seems counter productive to whine and keep paying the bill. If you want to send Sprint a message they will listen to, vote with your feet and your wallet. Otherwise no one cares what you think. Just saying.
    I'm pretty much tied to Sprint.....
    My device history:

- Jim J.

Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    I care!
    Quote Originally Posted by kel101 View Post
    Not true if you consider we in England (and most of europe) had to wait a lot longer to get the original device
    Actually after giving it some thought. We all have waited the same amount of time. (if you factor in the Pre announcement) However, this doesn't change the fact that we Sprint users can be ticked at Sprint for not giving us any sort of word on anything in regards to future devices etc. Verionz gets 2 Palm device launches and we are stuck with our suped up, duct taped phones. Certainly fair.
    What good is a man if he can not change the world?
    Kingdom of Heaven
    sorry smith2sc. i too have been a long time Sprint customer. i really like Sprint, i left my family over on Vzn because i like the phones at Sprint.

i like my Sprint BUT i like my WebOS better.

if Sprint doesnt announce a new WebOS by the time the Pre 2 comes out on Vzn, i will have to go back to Vzn
    that doesn't really work if you don't want to keep paying etf. I'm guessing if people switch to verizon, they'll stay for a wile, it not till the end of their contract
    Quote Originally Posted by delta7
    LOL, what do you guy want them to do? This is becoming borderline Tea Party extremities, taking people hostage and sticking a gun to their heading demanding they cater to you, the original Pre didn't do well.... get over it and stop harassing them about a phone they're not obligated to carry.

Not calling anyone out or the OP but all the facebook, emails and all the other crap over a phone that failed miserably the first time around is dumb, leave them alone.

If you don't like Sprint for not having the new webos device, leave and go to Verizon.
    all this talk that the pre failed miserably are based on fantasy...

Late yesterday, Sprint corrected itself. "We originally reported that the total number of HTC EVO 4G devices sold on launch day was three times the number of Samsung Instinct and Palm Pre devices sold over their first three days on the market combined. We inadvertently erred in the comparison. The total number of HTC EVO 4G devices sold on launch day was in line with the number of Samsung Instinct and Palm Pre devices sold over their first three days on the market combined."

See full article from DailyFinance: Sprint Overestimated EVO Sales - DailyFinance
    now i wouldnt call it a win, but failed miserably???
    Quote Originally Posted by patricksmangan View Post
    that doesn't really work if you don't want to keep paying etf. I'm guessing if people switch to verizon, they'll stay for a wile, it not till the end of their contract
    I ETF'ed my way out of Sprint, and it was the best $175 I ever spent. When the iPhone landed on AT&T, people held their nose, paid their ETFs and dived in. They are still doing it. At some point, the phone has to be important enough to you to go where it is. If it's not, how do you hope to get Sprint's attention? They started improving when they lost enough customers. That is how business works.

I know everyone can't just up and leave their carrier, but if there aren't enough people who would do it, the the P2's following is not important enough to Sprint for them to care what you write on their FB wall about it.

If you will keep paying the bill until the contract runs out, what possible incentive does Sprint have to pick up the P2?
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    I ETF'ed 3 lines from AT&T to come to Sprint for the Pre.
    Sprint Palm Pre 1.4.5 @ 1G
    If we as a community keep pushing Sprint they will give us a phone to make us happy. But we have to keep pushing!!

My Themes:CLICK HERE
    Verizon overcharges and under-delivers. No more unlimited plans. Tiered pricing. No 4G. And STILL much more expensive than Sprint. I am sending Verizon a message by not going to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeisnowonfire View Post
    If we as a community keep pushing Sprint they will give us a phone to make us happy. But we have to keep pushing!!
    That seems to put a certain REO Speedwagon song running through my head...
    My device history:

- Jim J.

Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    amen

also the evo is doing better than the pre did and lets notforget that sprint I'd pack which works with android phones, it looks like sprint is gonna try to get on the android bandwagon.

webos may or may not come to sprint. Hp needs to release a big screen instead of a rehash.

I ETF'ed my way out of Sprint, and it was the best $175 I ever spent. When the iPhone landed on AT&T, people held their nose, paid their ETFs and dived in. They are still doing it. At some point, the phone has to be important enough to you to go where it is. If it's not, how do you hope to get Sprint's attention? They started improving when they lost enough customers. That is how business works.

I know everyone can't just up and leave their carrier, but if there aren't enough people who would do it, the the P2's following is not important enough to Sprint for them to care what you write on their FB wall about it.

If you will keep paying the bill until the contract runs out, what possible incentive does Sprint have to pick up the P2?
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Sprint may be looking to the Android because Verizon is picking up the iPhone. Verizon has been very strong with the Android because it had no iPhone to compete. Now that it's getting it, I don't see them pushing the Android as much.
    That leaves Sprint to pick up where Verizon is going to leave off.
    I have been very loyal with Palm and with Sprint for about 10 years, but am not going to be left behind, nor in the dark.
    I dont think if the Pre 2 comes to sprint or not it will make or break Palm and Sprints relationship. As seen so far AT&T is not getting it for now either. Though We all know this was a device already in the pipelines, and is just a spec bump to really showcase Webos 2.0. Now we know foxconn wil be making 5 devices in 2011, and of course all 4 carriers will be carrying those devices. So to me whats the issue if only Verizon gets this spec bump pre, to showcase webos 2.0, when for the most part we will have atleast one new device (new not refurbished like this pre 2 is) im thinking Q1 2011. As stated by some HP exects, when people see these devices they will be very impressed, and as stated too Q1 2011 is when HP expects to release new Webos phones, not fall 2010. HP has the capital to release on all carriers, and they will deliver believe me, Webos will become a very strong competitor in the smartphone area, as well as the Tablet. Even the playbook is still strides behind what Webos can offer, so they to can try to emulate but if your not the real thing, you'll be dull in comparison.