Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Global Posts
    625 Global Posts
    So I was one of the people that sent an email to dan@sprint.com in regards to the recent Palm Pre 2 debacle. Mary P., an executive support rep had been playing phone tag with me to try and speak with me regarding the "Future of webOS phones on Sprint".

After almost a week, she caught me at a time at work when I could actually answer the phone. She said that Sprint Corporate is meeting soon to decide the future of webOS phones on Sprint. She was not authorized to share any official information, but that they are preparing a statement that will be issued soon.

She said it had not been decided if yes or no a device would be carried and she couldn't comment further, but to keep an eye on the website for any news.

She then went on to say "We had a lot of customer feedback on our Facebook and Twitter pages as well as Sprint forums and emails". I laughed at this one and said "Sounds like you all have a popular phone!".

Anyway, that was the gist of it. Take it for what it was worth. The number she listed as her contact is a Norfolk Virginia number.
    Now, I can relate to that response from that rep. As long as they haven't made a decision on the pre2, that leaves the door of "possibility" open.

Thanks for posting this...

Regards,
    People who know usually can't speak. People who speak usually doesn't know.

Just my two cents...
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    People who know usually can't speak. People who speak usually doesn't know.

Just my two cents...
    + 1 I agree thats the reason why I dont listen to statements from a sprint sales rep, or supposed exect unless you know them personally, because they don't know anything when it comes down to it. So we should just wait and see or hear an announcment from Sprint, or HP regarding releases on other carriers, my bet is Sprint will get something soon, a variant of the Pre 2, or we will see new models in 2011. Either way of course sprint is getting Webos devices if not now then in 2011 period lets just freakin wait.
    By the time they decide, we will be clamoring for another palm phone me thinks.

I'd still be content with anything that doesn't entice me to switch. So bring on the Palm Pre 2.
    Quote Originally Posted by harrisonp View Post
    If you all want to see the Pre 2 or other HP/Palm phones on Sprint, do what I did. E-mail dan@sprint.com and request that they put the damn phone on the damn network. Sprint listens to end users. We're their lifeblood. Do something.

-h
    Were can I get some damn bait?

I think we have done a good job thus far getting there attention.
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    if the the pre 2 comes to Sprint in November I will get if the price is right ($99). If it does come and cost more or arrive any later, I wait for palm next device.

I have been eligible for an upgrade since June 1st.
    Global Posts
    625 Global Posts
    Got a follow-up email from the rep:

from Dan@sprint.com <Dan@sprint.com>
    to xxxx@xxxxxx.xxx
    date Tue, Oct 26, 2010
    subject Re: Palm Pre 2 request on Sprint (KMxxxxxxxxxxxxx)
    mailed-by sprint.com
    Dear Mr. xxxxxxxxxxxx,

Thank you for contacting Dan@Sprint.com. I appreciate you taking the
    time to speak with me today regarding your concerns with Sprint's future
    phone line up. Please monitor Cell Phones, Mobile Phones & Wireless Calling Plans from Sprint an Sprint | Facebook
    for any announcements related to Sprint's decision on whether or not to
    care the new WebOS phones. Sprint has heard our customer's voices and
    our marketing is review the necessary information.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to
    contact me by replying to this email or calling 757-xxx-xxxx. My office
    hours are 10:00am to 6:30 pm EST, Monday through Friday.

Thank you for choosing Sprint. We appreciate your business.

Sincerely,
    Mary P.
    757-xxx-xxxx
    Sprint

Get the best value for your money & exercise your freedom
    to change plans anytime without penalties - we promise!
    Sprint Base Plans Hub

Sprint.com is all about you! My Sprint puts what you want to know,
    right at your fingertips -- take a tour and sign up today!
    www.sprint.com/mysprint
    At least Sprint is acknowledging that they are listening to their customers. This may be a first for a carrier.
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    Global Posts
    909 Global Posts
    I can wait until next spring/summer... I dunno if i want a pre 2... but I definately want another webos device on sprint. And hopefully it will be something better than a Pre 2.

This phone would be an 11 (on a 1to 10 scale) if they would activate BT file transfers.)
    Quote Originally Posted by harrisonp View Post
    If you all want to see the Pre 2 or other HP/Palm phones on Sprint, do what I did. E-mail dan@sprint.com and request that they put the damn phone on the damn network. Sprint listens to end users. We're their lifeblood. Do something.

-h
    I think they have gotten the message already, hundreds..if not thousands of custimers have flooded Sprint FB Page demanding them to carry the pre2.

Thanks for the support. ;-)

Regards,
    Anyone have any idea whether the Pre-Pre+ phone surgery technique that some people have used to get a Pre Plus on Sprint will by any chance work with the Pre 2?
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Quote Originally Posted by kel101 View Post
    Making a complaint is one thing, but the amount of threads that have been made on the same topic have been ridiculous,and have all had pretty much the same response, so WHY keep making threads when the simple answer is no rep really knows and no official announcement has been made EITHER WAY to whether the phone is going to be on sprint. The Phone hasnt had carriers announced in many countries, England for example, doesnt mean its not coming to england, doesnt mean I should be up in arms and call each network and make a thread based on what each rep told me. The phone is only out in ONE country, I can WAIT a few WEEKS for announcements to be made,dont see why you guys cant, and you think you got pushed around at launch? Within two month of release in england and taking out a 2 year contract the pre plus was announced and released.
    Because unlike YOU we have waited longer than any Pre/Pixi users. That is why.
    What good is a man if he can not change the world?
    Kingdom of Heaven
    why? Seems like voicing our wants is working fine. Seems like they are looking into the mater to keep us as customers. Win win
    Customers are upset because sprint haven't yet made a statement to their customers regarding the pre2. Customers have all right to request, complain, or disagree with their subscriber if that's how they feel. I don't think they want to leave sprint, they're just not happy being left out at all. Most customers are committed to their subscriber, so.. in return it's only fair for them to do the same. I know that a company cannot satisfy everyone of their customers, but they can sure listen to them.

Regards,
    Quote Originally Posted by delta7 View Post
    LOL, what do you guy want them to do? This is becoming borderline Tea Party extremities, taking people hostage and sticking a gun to their heading demanding they cater to you, the original Pre didn't do well.... get over it and stop harassing them about a phone they're not obligated to carry.

Not calling anyone out or the OP but all the facebook, emails and all the other crap over a phone that failed miserably the first time around is dumb, leave them alone.

If you don't like Sprint for not having the new webos device, leave and go to Verizon.
    I left Sprint as a longtime customer with a heavily discounted plan: 27% discount, recurring $20 credit, recurring $5 credit, etc. I left Sprint to go to Verizon with my 15% discount and free Mobile Hot Spot (with 5GB, more than VZW MiFi). All of this because I was sick of Sprint screwing with my billing statements for the 8 or so odd years that I was with them.

However, a reply like yours is a bit unjust, if you care about the community that is. I love webOS and the community that backs it. I have a Palm Pre Plus @ 1.2GHz thanks to this community. I believe that the more carriers that carry the Palm devices, the broader our community becomes. If I had it my way, every carrier available would carry webOS phones and I would be happy simply because that puts Palm in the hands of a broader range of people which can only mean good things to come (with adequate hardware or software or ever so giving compcache and custom kernels).

So what if our community very aggressively was able to get Sprint to re-evaluate a huge decision like that. Let's see your resume, what sort of conglomerations have you forced an meeting of all executive board members and above?

Good job, hopefully Sprint will pickup the Pre 2 for all of you stuck on the Pre and all other HP webOS devices from here on out.

P.S: If Sprint decides to carry a phone strictly based on customer feedback and publicly announces this as the reason for said action, that can only be a good thing for Palm on other carriers. I can assure you, word travels.
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 10/26/2010 at 11:07 AM. Reason: quote deleted - original deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by homerlanza View Post
    Because unlike YOU we have waited longer than any Pre/Pixi users. That is why.
    Not true if you consider we in England (and most of europe) had to wait a lot longer to get the original device
    Global Posts
    154 Global Posts
    I would rather wait for a 4G webOS Phone - I can and intend on skipping the pre 2
    Unless Sprint wants to put all their eggs in the Android basket (and BlackBerry to a certain extent), they really NEED webOS to remain viable on their network.

After all, I don't see them getting the iPhone anytime soon....
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    Unless Sprint wants to put all their eggs in the Android basket (and BlackBerry to a certain extent), they really NEED webOS to remain viable on their network.

After all, I don't see them getting the iPhone anytime soon....
    what about wmo? they have 1000 apps already, they'll probably have a higher market than palm.

webos is for loyalist, loyalist isn't where the money is at.