Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    10/24/2010 03:06:32PM Session Started with Agent (Russel M)
    10/24/2010 03:06:32PM System: "Thank you for contacting Sprint. My name is Russel M."
    10/24/2010 03:06:32PM ME: "sprint phones availability??"
    10/24/2010 03:07:37PM ME: "hi russel. do you know if sprint will be offering the palm pre 2 ?"
    10/24/2010 03:08:29PM Agent (Russel M): "Yes."
    10/24/2010 03:08:39PM ME: "do you know when?"
    10/24/2010 03:10:06PM Agent (Russel M): "One moment please."
    10/24/2010 03:11:42PM Agent (Russel M): "The palm pre 2 is not currently available from Sprint. If we offer it in the future, you will find product details and pricing information on sprint.com and promotional information in our retail stores. We encourage you to monitor our Web site to see if"
    a change in availability occurs.
    10/24/2010 03:12:33PM ME: "you said "IF we offer it in the future" so it's not guaranteed that sprint WILL offer it?"
    10/24/2010 03:12:45PM Agent (Russel M): "Correct."
    10/24/2010 03:13:00PM ME: "but when i asked if sprint will be offering it, you said "Yes.""
    10/24/2010 03:13:45PM Agent (Russel M): "I am not denying that Sprint will not launch it."
    10/24/2010 03:14:19PM Agent (Russel M): "As we are getting lots of queries about this phone ,I have explained it to you."
    10/24/2010 03:14:57PM ME: "so it's not a yes, or a no.. it's more of a definite may be"
    10/24/2010 03:15:31PM Agent (Russel M): "It may be but as of now we have not any update regarding thsi."
    10/24/2010 03:15:36PM Agent (Russel M): "This*"
    10/24/2010 03:16:19PM ME: "ok.. well thanks. u have a good day."
    10/24/2010 03:16:28PM Agent (Russel M): "You too."
    10/24/2010 03:16:46PM Session Ended
    Why torture yourselves by calling CSRs? If they are going to release the device, your best path for finding out when is via the internet.
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    There are at least 1+ million Pre/Pixi users on Sprint. That's a lot of people how ever you look at it. Sprint has the majority of the 2.6 million webOS users out there in the world total.

If Sprint wants to keep those customers, they should offer the Pre 2.
    Sorry, but 1/40th of Sprint's customer base really isn't that big of a number. If you're still using a Pre on Sprint's network today, you've already told them you're not going anywhere else.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    Sorry, but 1/40th of Sprint's customer base really isn't that big of a number. If you're still using a Pre on Sprint's network today, you've already told them you're not going anywhere else.
    Indeed. And the healthy sales and much improved subscriber/retention numbers post-Evo and Epic tell them that many of those Pre owners are happy to switch to Android.

If Sprint publicly comments that the Pre didn't live up to expectations - and they don't talk specifically about any other handsets' sales performance - that kind of tells you how much they prioritize "keeping the WebOS customer base".
    customer service reps no absolutely nothing at all. they are a people pleaser and nothing more.
    Idk what reps you all got, here is my reps comment on the subject.

12:20:36 PM : Vinchen R: Thank you for your interest in the Plan Pre 2. Since this device is not available to our customers, I am unable provide the details you requested. If Sprint offers it in the future, you will find product and pricing details on Sprint.com and in promotional information at our retail stores. We encourage you to watch news reports or monitor our web site to see if a change in availability occurs.

12:21:47 PM : Me: That isn't very good news. I will keep this is mind when my contract expires in June. Hopefully there will be something newer available then.

12:22:16 PM : Vinchen R: Sure

12:22:20 PM : Me: Thank you.

FYI I know the reps have their hands tied here, but just a shred of hope from Sprint would be nice. Instead we get this you will recieve nothing and like it nonsense.
    What good is a man if he can not change the world?
    Kingdom of Heaven
    Why don't people understand that the customer service reps know absolutely nothing about that?

You will VERY LIKELY know the next phones before them.
    You ask a customer service rep if the Palm Treo is coming out for sprint and they say "coming soon". trust me service reps know nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattykinsx View Post
    Why don't people understand that the customer service reps know absolutely nothing about that?

You will VERY LIKELY know the next phones before them.
    We are only doing as Palm instructed. We said give us a Sprint Pre 2, they said ask Sprint. So we are. What else can we really do?
    Kingdom of Heaven
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    My 2 cents
    I went to a corporate store this weekend, the rep said PRE 2 will arrive in JAN. at Sprint
    ffs i hope they get it and make a big announcement about it so people stop making these threads (there must be over 100 of them)
    Here is my session with a Sprint Chat Rep:
    1:15:41 PM : Connected to sprint.ehosts.net
    1:15:41 PM : Session ID: xxxxxxx
    1:15:41 PM : John Doe: Initial Question/Comment: HP/Palm released the new Palm Pre 2 last week. I am a loyal Sprint customer and want to know when the new Palm Pre 2 will come to the Sprint network. Can you help me?
    1:15:46 PM : Sam A has joined this session!
    1:15:46 PM : Connected with Sam A. Your Reference Number for this chat session is xxxxxxx.
    1:15:47 PM : Thank you for contacting Sprint. My name is Sam A.
    1:16:08 PM : John Doe: Hello Sam.
    1:16:14 PM : Sam A: Hello.
    1:17:04 PM : John Doe: I am a loyal Sprint customer, and will be eligible for a full upgrade July, 2011.
    1:17:36 PM : Sam A: Please let me know are you concerned about the phone upgrade?
    1:18:16 PM : John Doe: No concerns, in fact, I wish to know when the new Palm Pre 2 will be sold by Sprint.
    1:18:52 PM : Sam A: Please let me check this for you.
    1:18:58 PM : John Doe: Thank you Sam.
    1:20:52 PM : Sam A: The Palm Pre 2 is not currently available from Sprint. If we offer it in the future, you will find product details and pricing information on sprint.com and promotional information in our retail stores. We encourage you to monitor our Web site to see if a change in availability occurs.
    1:22:01 PM : John Doe: Yes, I understand. Realize, there are over 3 million Sprint/Palm Pre customers asking the same question that also wish to upgrade to the new Palm Pre 2.
    1:22:41 PM : Sam A: Yes , when it comes in the future, you will find product details and pricing information on sprint.com
    1:22:44 PM : John Doe: I sincerely hope Sprint will make the Palm Pre 2 available to it's many loyal Sprint/Palm customers.
    1:23:16 PM : Sam A: I appreciate your business to sprint.
    1:23:31 PM : Sam A: Is there anything else I may assist you with?
    1:23:49 PM : John Doe: Thanks, that is all.
    1:24:01 PM : Sam A: My goal is to ensure the issues that prompted you to chat today are fully resolved. Did I address the reason for your chat today?
    1:25:29 PM : John Doe: Thanks.
    -----------------------------------
    Well, there you have it folks. Or, as Billy Crystal likes to say, "That's It...That's All."
    Can Sprint say, "Outsourcing"?
    I say, let's boycott Sprint. We demand the Palm Pre 2. Prepare a petition with as many signatures as possible.

- "We're gonna need a bigger boat."
    Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    ...sigh...

that is all...
    Ħ╬čųβΔ
    Sent from my HTC Evo 4G
    Quote Originally Posted by kel101 View Post
    ffs i hope they get it and make a big announcement about it so people stop making these threads (there must be over 100 of them)
    You are right. We Sprint users should take it on the chin and not be upset that since launch we have just been pushed around and seen Verizon get 2 new devices while we sit here and don't even get some sort of announcement of the future HPalm will have with Sprint. Then when Palm tells us to contact Sprint, why would we share what answers we got with other Sprint users. I should start practiceing isolationism.
    Kingdom of Heaven
    Quote Originally Posted by homerlanza View Post
    You are right. We Sprint users should take it on the chin and not be upset that since launch we have just been pushed around and seen Verizon get 2 new devices while we sit here and don't even get some sort of announcement of the future HPalm will have with Sprint. Then when Palm tells us to contact Sprint, why would we share what answers we got with other Sprint users. I should start practiceing isolationism.
    Making a complaint is one thing, but the amount of threads that have been made on the same topic have been ridiculous,and have all had pretty much the same response, so WHY keep making threads when the simple answer is no rep really knows and no official announcement has been made EITHER WAY to whether the phone is going to be on sprint. The Phone hasnt had carriers announced in many countries, England for example, doesnt mean its not coming to england, doesnt mean I should be up in arms and call each network and make a thread based on what each rep told me. The phone is only out in ONE country, I can WAIT a few WEEKS for announcements to be made,dont see why you guys cant, and you think you got pushed around at launch? Within two month of release in england and taking out a 2 year contract the pre plus was announced and released.
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    Took my Pre into the Sprint store today as my usb port had failed. While Rep was putting info in to their data base, I asked when they were to get the Pre 2 or any other HP Palm phones. Politely, he said he hadn't heard anything, but would I "like to check out their Android phones?"

Sigh...Actually, I didn't expect an answer from him, but I had to ask since I was there anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    Yes but out of those 52 million users only 10 million or so have smartphones. So when you look at it that way, it's more like webOS makes up 10-15% of their smartphone base, who have more expensive contracts than other users with dumbphone contracts.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    If you all want to see the Pre 2 or other HP/Palm phones on Sprint, do what I did. E-mail dan@sprint.com and request that they put the damn phone on the damn network. Sprint listens to end users. We're their lifeblood. Do something.

-h
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast