Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    That's what this website says:

A Flurry of Android Launches Coming to Verizon November 11th? | Android Phone Fans

They don't provide any source, but just state kind of matter-of-fact.
    himmm --very strange. they do sya it matter of fact like. This would fit w/ the HP comments "coming months"
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
  3.    #3  
    Thoughts....
    Until you see a Verizon inventory listing it's only speculation.
    Here's to hoping it's that soon

My Themes:CLICK HERE
    Will the WebOS 2.0 be available to the Palm Pre Plus users as a update to 1.4.5 that was recently came out?
    11/11 on Sprint also, I bet. (11/11/11 that is.....)
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    Unless they fix GPS then VZW Pre is no go. Went to the park wanted to know how far I walked. There is an app for that, oh yeah, it won't work with VZW Pre's GPS. Might as well get an Android. As much as I love the webOS UI, VZW Pre can not be recommended.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by dandar View Post
    Unless they fix GPS then VZW Pre is no go. Went to the park wanted to know how far I walked. There is an app for that, oh yeah, it won't work with VZW Pre's GPS. Might as well get an Android. As much as I love the webOS UI, VZW Pre can not be recommended.
    Given the terrible history here, perhaps Dieter, Derek and the gang can dig into this and find out of the issue will be resolved in the Pre 2/WebOS 2.0.
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    11/11 on Sprint also, I bet. (11/11/11 that is.....)
    That's when the Pre3 will launch on VZW and the Pre Plus will launch on Sprint.

Sprint was originally an iteration ahead of VZW (Sprint had Pre, VZW didn't) and now Sprint is bound and determined to be two iterations behind.
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
    I'm amazed that the pre 2 is even coming to verizon. HP must have really given verizon a sweet deal to offer this phone, considering verizon couldn't even give the pre plus away for free, even with free mobile hot spot.
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    LOL I thought i seen Motorola Cli+orus, but It's Motorola Citrus.. lol
  13.    #13  
    How soon before 11/11 could we reasonably expect some kind of official word from HP/Palm/Verizon?
    probably not until the big day.
  15.    #15  
    seriously?

i remember knowing in advance when the Pre was going to launch on Spring and when the Pre Plus was going to launch on VZ.

if you're right, that sucks.
    I don't think there will be anything big, just advertisment for the device and maybe stating available 11/11. Verzion also has alot of other devices coming on that day, so I expect a quiet launch for the Pre 2 on Verizon IMO.
  17.    #17  
    I'm fine with a quiet launch I guess. Don't think that's a smart move by HP/Palm. But I'd just like to know something definite so I can plan.
    Don't worry. They have a blockbuster press release waiting in the wings, I am sure. Who can forget the all-encompassing hoopla that accompanied the initial launch on SFR? Between the press release, handful of reviews of the software, incorrectly-linked web page and continued assurances that the hardware was "pre-production" - even as it was launching - you could tell that HP was making this relaunch into a can't-miss event.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Don't worry. They have a blockbuster press release waiting in the wings, I am sure. Who can forget the all-encompassing hoopla that accompanied the initial launch on SFR? Between the press release, handful of reviews of the software, incorrectly-linked web page and continued assurances that the hardware was "pre-production" - even as it was launching - you could tell that HP was making this relaunch into a can't-miss event.
    Your sarcasm is hilarious.

This is the exact reason that, among all the dislike over the Pre 2s specs and such, the Pre 2 will be lucky to assist Webos in maintaining any marketshare...much less ever adding any new users.

People on this site really aren't getting this.
    just keep in mind, nov 11 has not been confirmed by vzw or hp.

it may be released in nov, as per the rebate forms circulating the tech blogs, but there has been no official announcement other than "coming soon."
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast