Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    What ever day they announce, I just hope its soon, cause I'm betting that Apple will choose that day to release iOS 4.2. for the iPad.
    11/11/11 - Fo sho
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
    Probably be released as an afterthought after 11/11 but before or on Black Friday...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kewl 700p View Post
    Probably be released as an afterthought after 11/11 but before or on Black Friday...
    Really?? On or before Black Friday, most people look at the ads and have certain things planned that they want to get. Why do think forms lines hours in advance of the store opening, because they looked beforehand and want the (1 of the 3 guaranteed to be in stock) whatevers that are an amazing deal.

I don't think most people impulse buy on Black Friday, my wife and I go out almost every year (it is a mad house, please stay @ home and shop online) with a planned list and route.

Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattykinsx View Post
    People on this site really aren't getting this.
    I think you may be confusing someone saying that the Pre 2 is desirable with thinking that the device will be the messiah device. I believe the Pre 2 is a nice upgrade to the Pre, but I also understand clearly that it is likely to have little, if any, impact on webOS market share. And I think most reasonable people here (there are some unreasonable people) would agree.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    honestly, it seems Palm phones and the buzz is seriously dying...no one seems to care.
    Take angry birds. iOS users got a nice halloween angry birds update. It is getting old being left out of all the fun as a Palm user. I'm not hating, I love WebOS and my Pre. Just some thoughts.
    Twitter: adamcarter
    Quote Originally Posted by vtboyarc View Post
    honestly, it seems Palm phones and the buzz is seriously dying...no one seems to care.
    Take angry birds. iOS users got a nice halloween angry birds update. It is getting old being left out of all the fun as a Palm user. I'm not hating, I love WebOS and my Pre. Just some thoughts.
    But you have to look at why.

There are some devs for even Android that flat out tell you that Webos is better.
    But why should they develop for it?
    Give me one good reason they should.

I can tell you why they shouldn't.
    -Dwindling user base
    -Uncertain future as far as smartphones
    -Shotty quality of the first device that has left a bad taste in many people's mouths
    -Lack of features or ANY indication that features will come anytime soon

Look at the "buzz" for the Pre 2.
    There isn't any.
    Hpalm is not pushing the product at all.

I could continue.
    I love webos too but these are the facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattykinsx View Post
    But you have to look at why.

There are some devs for even Android that flat out tell you that Webos is better.
    But why should they develop for it?
    Give me one good reason they should.

I can tell you why they shouldn't.
    -Dwindling user base
    -Uncertain future as far as smartphones
    -Shotty quality of the first device that has left a bad taste in many people's mouths
    -Lack of features or ANY indication that features will come anytime soon

Look at the "buzz" for the Pre 2.
    There isn't any.
    Hpalm is not pushing the product at all.

I could continue.
    I love webos too but these are the facts.
    exactly my point! That's why if things don't change, as much as I hate to say it, I may go back to iPhone, when 5 is released. More apps, more updates, more people so more support (and again, apps) and you can jailbreak it quite easily with even more homebrew apps than there are for webos!
    Twitter: adamcarter
    I hope all you android and iphone lovers and palm critics/"experts" should just enjoy your devices and forget about webOS.

when it succeeds, don't worry, you'll atleast be tempted to come back...and we will welcome you with open arms if you choose to do so.

I'm sticking around for the roller coaster...and the car is going up....
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Here we are. Supposedly a week away from the new webOS device from HP-Palm. And not a peep. Zero hype. None whatsoever. I would have thought building up some anticipation would be the smart tthing to do, but what do I know?

I don't really pay close attention, but any webOS / Palm ads would definitely grab my attention. I can't help but notice all the Android, iPhone, Blackberry and even Microsoft Phone 7 ads. Nothing for webOS.

I thought we could expect to see tonnes of support from Hewlitt "bags of money" Packard. I'm not feeling the love here. What the hell is going on?

I really don't think HP cares a whole lot for this product and is focussed on their first true HP webOS devices. This is just the last gasp from the ghost of old Palm.
    Quote Originally Posted by vtboyarc View Post
    exactly my point! That's why if things don't change, as much as I hate to say it, I may go back to iPhone, when 5 is released. More apps, more updates, more people so more support (and again, apps) and you can jailbreak it quite easily with even more homebrew apps than there are for webos!
    LOL some people kill me. Two post earlier you were saying you love the Pre and WebOS. Some people are never be happy.

ET
    Quote Originally Posted by etphoto View Post
    LOL some people kill me. Two post earlier you were saying you love the Pre and WebOS. Some people are never be happy.

ET
    You can love something and move on accepting the fact that it will never be, or certainly not now be, what you hoped it would be...
    geez, it's a phone...not some long lost girl or boyfriend!
    Quote Originally Posted by MDsmartphone View Post
    geez, it's a phone...not some long lost girl or boyfriend!
    And you can't get in trouble for looking for it all the time.... <Homer Simpson voice> Stupid restraining orders
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12