1.    #1  
    was just comparing the specs for the new pre2 at:
    www(dot)palm(dot)com(slash)pre2

Noticed that the battery life is displayed in the Tech Specs section as:
    Verizon Wireless (CDMA)
    Up to 5.5 hours talk time and 350 hours standby time
    Unlocked (UMTS)
    Up to 5 hours talk time and 350 hours standby time

which is identical to the specs for pre+. I thought that the battery life was supposed to be improved on the pre2.

I cant believe Palm/HP decided to overlook this critical shortcoming of the current pre/pre+.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Maybe those specs are actually real?

My pre plus can't do anywhere near 5.5 hour talk time, even when using the most conservative underclock settings. And 350 standby time is laughable. Even if I never used the phone at all and the screen stayed off, it would not last longer than 48 hours standby. Maybe 96 hours, if it was in airplane mode, and I never used it.
    Quote Originally Posted by noahisaac View Post
    Maybe those specs are actually real?

My pre plus can't do anywhere near 5.5 hour talk time, even when using the most conservative underclock settings. And 350 standby time is laughable. Even if I never used the phone at all and the screen stayed off, it would not last longer than 48 hours standby. Maybe 96 hours, if it was in airplane mode, and I never used it.
    ...underclocking may hurt battery life....

[i]-- Sent from my Palm PrPrPr
    -- VZW Pre+ -- Uberk/Gov fixed @ 1ghz -- QPST gps mod -- stock battery (?mugen 3800?) --
    Quote Originally Posted by Tophaholic View Post
    was just comparing the specs for the new pre2 at:
    www(dot)palm(dot)com(slash)pre2

Noticed that the battery life is displayed in the Tech Specs section as:
    Verizon Wireless (CDMA)
    Up to 5.5 hours talk time and 350 hours standby time
    Unlocked (UMTS)
    Up to 5 hours talk time and 350 hours standby time

which is identical to the specs for pre+. I thought that the battery life was supposed to be improved on the pre2.

I cant believe Palm/HP decided to overlook this critical shortcoming of the current pre/pre+.
    Dudes....webos 2.0 is supposed to improve battery itself...also the processor used in the pre2 is more efficient, also increasing battery performance....

[i]-- Sent from my Palm PrPrPr
    -- VZW Pre+ -- Uberk/Gov fixed @ 1ghz -- QPST gps mod -- stock battery (?mugen 3800?) --
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Yeah, so I've found. My battery drains at about -220 when I'm at 125Mhz, and at about -180 when I use Palm's default settings.