Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    looks like Enagadgets joshua topolskys has submitted a photo on twitter stating the pre 2 shoots photos at a resolution of 2576x1926. which stated by engadget is alot higher then the pre could manage. Seems as though someone at Engadget has a Pre 2 on hand.

http://www.webosroundup.com/2010/10/...photo-emerges/

specs:

Make - Palm
    Model - Pre
    Orientation - Top left
    DateTime - 2010:10:17 12:38:37
    XResolution - 72
    YResolution - 72
    ResolutionUnit - Inch
    YCbCrPositioning - Centered
    ExifOffset - 180
    ExifVersion - 0220
    ExifImageWidth - 2576
    ExifImageHeight - 1944
    ExposureTime - 1/516.0 seconds
    FNumber - 2.40
    ExposureProgram - Normal program
    ApertureValue - F 1.06
    FocalLength - 3.25 mm
    ComponentsConfiguration - CrCb
    Flash - Flash not fired, compulsory flash mode
    ExposureMode - Auto
    White Balance - Auto

GPS information: -

Thumbnail: -
    Compression - 6 (JPG)
    JpegIFOffset - 410
    JpegIFByteCount - 16885
    Last edited by wellwellwell11; 10/17/2010 at 04:36 PM.
    While I assume the camera might be higher mp's, it is possible to get that resolution via a 3mp camera. Resolution and MP can be nonrelated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Superjudge View Post
    While I assume the camera might be higher mp's, it is possible to get that resolution via a 3mp camera. Resolution and MP can be nonrelated.
    can you explain, AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $horizontal$ $pixels$ $X$ $Vertical$ $pixels$ = $MPs$
    5 MP it is then.
    So he has a pre 2, and all he does is post an image taken with the camera?
  6.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by nimer55 View Post
    right, I feel you on this can we get a photo of the phone, and some inside info on if the screen is bigger, resolution, and build quality.
    I can't find his tweet, can someone please post the link to it?

edit: nvm, I got it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Superjudge View Post
    I'm not too smart when it comes to camera things, but MP means a million pixels right? 2576x1928 is just off 5 million. How would a 3MP camera shoot that?
    he will have an nda. Its just for review and he can't talk about it till its official. I think it was a pc member that first speculated josh had one. sit was also suggested that dieter had one too and i font think he actively denied it.
    I'd assume that this will be him playing about with it in preparation for a review and he simply didn't expect people to clock to the fact that it was taken with the Pre 2. If that's the case I'd expect a review soon, anybody know how far in advance they normally send review models out?
    Palm is going to be at the engadget meet up on Thursday. Can't be coincidence there...
    Quote Originally Posted by whodo_voodoo View Post
    I'd assume that this will be him playing about with it in preparation for a review and he simply didn't expect people to clock to the fact that it was taken with the Pre 2. If that's the case I'd expect a review soon, anybody know how far in advance they normally send review models out?
    Not sure.. I went through engadget's pre review to see if I could find a indication of when they got the phone, but I couldn't find anything.

I don't care much about the pre2, since I'm not buying it, but this means webos 2.0 is almost done.
  13.    #14  
    well I think it might be 5mp heres the LG GW8525 spec sheet:

Make: LG Model: GW825v Form Factor: Slide Available Colors: Black Display Resolution: 480 x 800 Pixels, 3.2" Camera: 5.0 MP, 2592 x 1944 Pixels Dimensions: 113 x 54 x 15.65 mm Memory Inbuilt: 512MB ROM + 256 MB RAM
    Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post

Make: LG Model: GW825v Form Factor: Slide Available Colors: Black Display Resolution: 480 x 800 Pixels, 3.2" Camera: 5.0 MP, 2592 x 1944 Pixels Dimensions: 113 x 54 x 15.65 mm Memory Inbuilt: 512MB ROM + 256 MB RAM
    that camer has autofocus!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2576 x 1928 Pixels according to http://www.91mobiles.com/mobile/LG/GW825v/7260.html
    Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post

uhhh... All you have to do, is times the numbers together, and see how many millions it equals..
  16.    #17  
    uhhh... All you have to do, is times the numbers together, and see how many millions it equals..
    i was just giving a example of a phone that has similar specs to the post before yalls thats all.
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    Of course we don't know what camera component will be used in the Pre. However, as another post recently pointed out, autofocus cameras can fit into the same space as the old Pre's 3.1 fixed-focus. This news makes it makes it all the more likely we might see auto-focus on the Pre 2.

Another reason this is interesting is that it shows that the French Pre specs did not list *all* the upgrades for the Pre2, since it didn't mention the camera upgrade. So it also increases the chance that the Pre2 will feature other internal upgrades such as increased storage, microSD card, or even 4G etc.
    microSD, not happening I hope for increased storage, 4G I doubt
    Agreed, we will be lucky with increased resolution, auto-focus, and freaking fully utilizing the GPU! But hey, I am now leaning 'buy'!
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast