Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    what about at&t?
    iPhone 4s 64gb for personal, at&t Prē 3 for business. Best of both worlds.
    at&t sucks. sorry but it does
    Whatever happens, Im on sprint, and im not switching networks to get anything at launch. If it ever comes to me, I will get it in a heart beat. Buts its not some drop dead device that requires me to update.

If you got enough chargers and don't mind, palm pre @ 1ghz with webOS 2.0 = palm pre 2 [preety much]. Hell, if your with a palm pre plus, your even more set.

HERES SOMTHING TO BAKE YOUR NOODDLE..

Will we be able to switch the radio from the Palm Pre, to the Pre 2, being that its very simliar. 3G and all... I tell ya what... Im hopeful.
    Last edited by Klownicle; 10/18/2010 at 09:56 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Klownicle View Post
    I have no visual proof to provide, as you said it can be faked. Either way im providing information. Take it how you will. I dont' need your approval to make myself feel better.
    I'm not trying to make you feel better. I am taking your information with a grain of salt like everything else on these forums.
    check my webos facebook group http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=129304747081175

help me reach my goal to be the first non celebrity on twitter with 1 million followers http://www.twitter.com/darkproteus66

LONG LIVE HOMEBREW!!!
    Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    Fun thought... this hasn't been posted to the home page of PC yet...

a. NDA paranoia makes them skip this story

b. they are too busy prepping massive articles for tomorrow to bother with this.

Just saying, after all the little bit's of news form last week it's been way to quiet today. Or i'm just anxious :P
    Its been quite since Friday. Three articles this morning and thats it. Not typical of P|C, especially when we know a device is going to hit soon and also a big software update.
    My guess is we hear something at least leaked by Wednesday. Verizon EOL for Pre Plus date is 10-21-10, and so is the Engadget social.....
    I hope we hear something in the PalmCast ;-) ;-).

I suspect that they guys will get inundated in the comments during the the show if they dont say something right from the outset.
    Global Posts
    483 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zulfaqar621 View Post
    I hope we hear something in the PalmCast ;-) ;-).

I suspect that they guys will get inundated in the comments during the the show if they dont say something right from the outset.
    Well, they may decide to skip the PalmCast this week to avoid that. Wouldn't surprise me too much, and would probably be a wise thing to do on their part. If it's multiple weeks though maybe not such a good thing.
    Global Posts
    483 Global Posts
    Whatever happens, Im on sprint, and im not switching networks to get anything at launch. If it ever comes to me, I will get it in a heart beat. Buts its not some drop dead device that requires me to update.

If you got enough chargers and don't mind, palm pre @ 1ghz with webOS 2.0 = palm pre 2 [preety much]. Hell, if your with a palm pre plus, your even more set.

HERES SOMTHING TO BAKE YOUR NOODDLE..

Will we be able to switch the radio from the Palm Pre, to the Pre 2, being that its very simliar. 3G and all... I tell ya what... Im hopeful.
    The bold part I guess is for some what it comes down, and how they perceive the Pre 2. I don't look at the Pre 2 as the same as my overclocked Pre, not even close actually. My i5 processor in my new laptop is only 2.27 gHz, pretty close to the same as my dual core AMD I had in my old one. Uhm, not even close to the same in performance. Upgraded camera, more RAM, better build to the device (this is an assumption since it was really their number one problem with the original, if they didn't fix it then the phone is not even worth getting based on that alone).

If the Pre 2 is the same as my overclocked Pre, Palm is digging their own grave because even at 1 gHz this phone lags.
    Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    the cpu in the pre 2 is much more than just a mhz bump and it's more power efficient.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cringer View Post
    The bold part I guess is for some what it comes down, and how they perceive the Pre 2. I don't look at the Pre 2 as the same as my overclocked Pre, not even close actually. My i5 processor in my new laptop is only 2.27 gHz, pretty close to the same as my dual core AMD I had in my old one. Uhm, not even close to the same in performance. Upgraded camera, more RAM, better build to the device (this is an assumption since it was really their number one problem with the original, if they didn't fix it then the phone is not even worth getting based on that alone).

If the Pre 2 is the same as my overclocked Pre, Palm is digging their own grave because even at 1 gHz this phone lags.
    The life of a pre user means charging all the time. I know nothing else.

In regards to this phone lagging at 1ghz. I for one do not expierencing such a thing. If webOS 2.0 is as great as palm is touting it to be. Then a 1ghz Palm Pre should be plenty.

YES Obviously a 1ghz Palm Pre 2 with a newly enhanced processor and os will be a huge benefit. Im not expecting to be like OMG. But it will be better.

There will be only one reason I switch to verizon, if the Palm Pre does not get webOS 2.0. Which we have all read and mostly believe won't happen (that it will get 2.0).
    Its not glass, ...
    Oops, you got that wrong then
    Last edited by ChasT; 10/19/2010 at 10:53 AM.
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    Its not glass
    Hey look... glass.

Palm USA | Palm Pre 2 Phone | Features, Details

Quote Originally Posted by Palm
    Streamlined design.

Palm Pre 2 features a sleeker design that still gives you the perfect combination of a vivid touchscreen and slide-out keyboard. And now with a completely smooth glass display, Pre 2 is as durable as it is graceful.
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    No auto focus on the camera is pathetic. Even the cheaper Android phones have cameras with auto focus now.
    Quote Originally Posted by zerohaste View Post
    No auto focus on the camera is pathetic. Even the cheaper Android phones have cameras with auto focus now.
    I have to agree...thats pretty lame...the pre+ camera is pretty good tho...fwiw

[i]-- Sent from my Palm PrPrPr
    -- VZW Pre+ -- Uberk/Gov fixed @ 1ghz -- QPST gps mod -- stock battery (?mugen 3800?) --
    Its not glass, nor does it have a larger screen. Its practically identical to the pre vs the front side and a few spec upgrades.

Digital compass etc upgrades? That information wasn't provided, so without opening it up you can't tell.
    And congratulations on putting foot in your mouth. You were wrong now confirmed from H/Palm that it does have a glass screen. So do me a favor and go pound some sand
    check my webos facebook group http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=129304747081175

help me reach my goal to be the first non celebrity on twitter with 1 million followers http://www.twitter.com/darkproteus66

LONG LIVE HOMEBREW!!!
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345