Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 97
  1. #61  
    Quote Originally Posted by H-Cubed View Post
    Why is this not on the front page yet? hmmm I think P|C has some NDA protected info!
    I would wager that is the case, I would also wager that webosroundup.com doesn't have one yet since they reported on it
    check my webos facebook group http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=129304747081175

    help me reach my goal to be the first non celebrity on twitter with 1 million followers http://www.twitter.com/darkproteus66

    LONG LIVE HOMEBREW!!!
  2. ink883's Avatar
    Posts
    872 Posts
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    #62  
    Quote Originally Posted by darkproteus66 View Post
    I would wager that is the case, I would also wager that webosroundup.com doesn't have one yet since they reported on it
    Mmmm... Good point
  3. h-cubed's Avatar
    Posts
    463 Posts
    Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    #63  
    Fess up Deiter! j/k, cyoa! lol
    Ħ╬čųβΔ
    Sent from my HTC Evo 4G
  4. #64  
    Quote Originally Posted by darkproteus66 View Post
    Still doesn't mean it can't be glass. We are going to either have to wait for another leak or for an offiicial unveiling before we can tell for sure
    Its not glass, nor does it have a larger screen. Its practically identical to the pre vs the front side and a few spec upgrades.

    Digital compass etc upgrades? That information wasn't provided, so without opening it up you can't tell.
  5. #65  
    Ok so I just went went through Josh Topolsky's tweets for the last few days to see if I could pick up anything that would be interesting. I don't think I did but I will still give me observations.

    So first off Josh looks like he almost exclusively uses tweetie for mac to post to twitter.

    3 days ago (Friday) he used Yak free (a webOS twitter app) to post; "Hello and good morning. Ready for the week to end." (Looks like he started using a webOS device early Friday morning).

    The next post using tweetie on the same day is a a question about a good webOS twitter app that updates without jumping ahead and has notifications.

    The next post using tweetie is that it is a toss up between twee and tweed. (I guess thats what most people suggested he use).

    The last post of the day is a post from tweetie about the engadget podcast.

    The next day (Saturday) his first post is using twee2 (a webOS twitter app) that says Twee wins.

    He has 8 more tweets that day posted from tweetie about a variety of different things, none about HP/Palm/webOS

    Then one Sunday his first post is the infamous image (Vintage from the 90s. I'm old. - img.ly) using Twee2

    Then a bunch of tweets primarily from Tweetie again. Nothing about HP/Palm/webOS here either.

    Today around 9am (EST) he used twee to tweet back a MRMweb about phone comparisons (not any webOS phone).

    The rest of the day he primarily used tweetie.

    I guess my only question is why did he start off using Yak and then decide that was not good enough?

    Anyone else if you can see something in this that I cant I would love to hear it.
  6. #66  
    Maybe yak doesn't work that well with webos 2.0?
    iPhone 4s 64gb for personal, at&t Prē 3 for business. Best of both worlds.
  7. #67  
    i think he should have used bad kitty but that's not relevant at this point.
    I've never used yak but is it feature comparible with twee2?
    check my webos facebook group http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=129304747081175

    help me reach my goal to be the first non celebrity on twitter with 1 million followers http://www.twitter.com/darkproteus66

    LONG LIVE HOMEBREW!!!
  8.    #68  
    first off so far everyone editor who has first leaks about the pre 2 state it is saying it is a BIGGER SCREEN, AND GLASS:

    More Palm Pre 2 Photos Surface

    but even they dont know yet until someone who has handled it conferms this so everyones guess is his or her opinon period.
  9. #69  
    I think the biggest conformation is that precentral has not published this story. This means precentral also has a review unit.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
  10. #70  
    Quote Originally Posted by Klownicle View Post
    Its not glass, nor does it have a larger screen. Its practically identical to the pre vs the front side and a few spec upgrades.
    I love when people who have no first-hand knowledge speak with conviction.
  11. #71  
    Whether or not it is glass, we'll soon see. Size-wise, however, it scales exactly the same as the Pre. At the same scale, the screen is the exact same size. Now, the phone could have all of its dimensions larger, but that would be in conflict with other information. My bet is that the screen is the same size. Resolution? Probably the same. Glass? Maybe. Better camera? I would most certainly assume so.

    I would also hope that they've looked for a newer pin/package compatible set of radio IC's with lower power consumption. Haven't done the homework here, so don't know. But, as with the CPU, chips mature on processes, and they also get ported to smaller processes, and both cases usually mean less power. I'm guessing that this phone, with WebOS 2.0 will probably add 30-40% of useful battery life under average loads.


    Can't wait to find out.
  12. #72  
    Quote Originally Posted by tasogare View Post
    I love when people who have no first-hand knowledge speak with conviction.
    And whos to say I dont' have a reason to say somthing with conviction. Just becuase im not posting pictures around the internet of a pre 2 doesn't mean I don't have some information.

    I can sit here and tell you without a doubt 100% that verizon and not sprint will be getting the pre 2 at launch. You going to believe me? Likly no apprently because I haven't posted any pictures saying otherwise. It an't all about pictures sir.
  13. #73  
    If only if they could have added a front-facing camera...
  14. #74  
    Last week the majority of people felt this phone would never see the US. Now we are 99% sure it will be on Verizon. Two days ago, most felt that this was just a processor/speed bump, but now we are 85% sure this will have a bumped up camera as well. There has still been no official word from Palm or US carriers, so anything is possible. I still think Sprint can get their own Palm phone before the holiday, but I am just giving my optimistic view. I have no more proof than anyone else on this forum (aside from the precentral folk, and those who work for HPalm)
  15. #75  
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidF View Post
    Just found this.
    How Does A Digital Electronic Compass Work?

    How Does a Digital Compass Work?
    An electronic compass such as the Wayfinder uses a patented magnetic sensor technology that was first developed by PNI, Inc. for the U.S. military. This technology is called " magneto-inductive" and is the largest advancement in compass technology since the fulxgate was invented 60 years ago. The magneto-inductive technology is able to electronically sense the difference in the earth's magnetic field from a disturbance caused by external elements such as ferro-magnetic materials and the magnetic field generated by automobile electrical systems. WayFinder digital compass has an embedded micro controller that subtracts the automobile magnetic field (the distortion) from the stronger earth magnetic fields resulting in a highly accurate compass reading.


    Sorry, had to do it.
  16. #76  
    Quote Originally Posted by Klownicle View Post
    And whos to say I dont' have a reason to say somthing with conviction. Just becuase im not posting pictures around the internet of a pre 2 doesn't mean I don't have some information.

    I can sit here and tell you without a doubt 100% that verizon and not sprint will be getting the pre 2 at launch. You going to believe me? Likly no apprently because I haven't posted any pictures saying otherwise. It an't all about pictures sir.
    Dude proof or go home. I'm not trying to be a jerk but we have a lot of people on these forums telling us a lot of different (sometimes contradictory) "facts" so. So no we are not going to take what you say at face value but we haven't been taking any of this at face value b/c like any sane person we are not going to blindly believe everything that anybody on the internet tells us untill we have firm proof.

    Even the picture doesn't really confirm anything. Metadata is easily edited, not to mention they phone may have different picture settings for for all we know Josh is trolling us (doubtful but still possible) or the phone may have an even higher mp camera just set to a lower setting as a test of the quality. We don't know anything and won't know anything untill we either get a good leak (a la iphone 4) or we get an official statement.

    I for one will continue to be a skeptic to anything anybody has to say until they give me firm cold hard facts I will continue to be a skeptic
    check my webos facebook group http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=129304747081175

    help me reach my goal to be the first non celebrity on twitter with 1 million followers http://www.twitter.com/darkproteus66

    LONG LIVE HOMEBREW!!!
  17.    #77  
    Quote Originally Posted by spreme View Post
    Last week the majority of people felt this phone would never see the US. Now we are 99% sure it will be on Verizon. Two days ago, most felt that this was just a processor/speed bump, but now we are 85% sure this will have a bumped up camera as well. There has still been no official word from Palm or US carriers, so anything is possible. I still think Sprint can get their own Palm phone before the holiday, but I am just giving my optimistic view. I have no more proof than anyone else on this forum (aside from the precentral folk, and those who work for HPalm)
    +1 thats all Im saying, its ok to have opinions about what the product will have, look like, or where it will launch. I just think people should keep it at that, and not state that they know it will be this without confermation. Sorry but facts are facts, otherwise like I stated its all just opinions. Very well stated SPREME.
  18. #78  
    Quote Originally Posted by tasogare View Post
    I love when people who have no first-hand knowledge speak with conviction.
    Think about what you wrote. You are doing exactly what you are criticising. You can't know that Klownicle is making it up, but you say with conviction that he has no first-hand knowledge.

    Just take it with 'a grain of salt', file it away with all of the other bits of information, until a pattern (or device) emerges. The last thing that I want is for somebody with some information to be discouraged from posting for fear of getting flamed.
  19. #79  
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    Think about what you wrote. You are doing exactly what you are criticising. You can't know that Klownicle is making it up, but you say with conviction that he has no first-hand knowledge.

    Just take it with 'a grain of salt', file it away with all of the other bits of information, until a pattern (or device) emerges. The last thing that I want is for somebody with some information to be discouraged from posting for fear of getting flamed.
    I'm not saying to flame anybody I'm just saying that if someone isn't able to provide solid evidence to back their claims that they should expect their "proof" to be taken with a grain of salt
    check my webos facebook group http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=129304747081175

    help me reach my goal to be the first non celebrity on twitter with 1 million followers http://www.twitter.com/darkproteus66

    LONG LIVE HOMEBREW!!!
  20. #80  
    Quote Originally Posted by darkproteus66 View Post
    Dude proof or go home. I'm not trying to be a jerk but we have a lot of people on these forums telling us a lot of different (sometimes contradictory) "facts" so. So no we are not going to take what you say at face value but we haven't been taking any of this at face value b/c like any sane person we are not going to blindly believe everything that anybody on the internet tells us untill we have firm proof.

    Even the picture doesn't really confirm anything. Metadata is easily edited, not to mention they phone may have different picture settings for for all we know Josh is trolling us (doubtful but still possible) or the phone may have an even higher mp camera just set to a lower setting as a test of the quality. We don't know anything and won't know anything untill we either get a good leak (a la iphone 4) or we get an official statement.

    I for one will continue to be a skeptic to anything anybody has to say until they give me firm cold hard facts I will continue to be a skeptic
    I have no visual proof to provide, as you said it can be faked. Either way im providing information. Take it how you will. I dont' need your approval to make myself feel better.
    Last edited by Klownicle; 10/18/2010 at 09:16 PM.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions