Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I don't think luna will be GPU accelerated, they promised it but never mentioned it again, I thing they are throwing in a better CPU and hopeing that will make up for the "lag"
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by abegee View Post
    I don't think luna will be GPU accelerated, they promised it but never mentioned it again, I thing they are throwing in a better CPU and hopeing that will make up for the "lag"
    At the very least, we know that it will run faster with a better processor.
    I do hope that they do incorporate GPU acceleration of the UI, so that us first gen users will have something to show off.
    Uhh...webOS2.0 is accelerating the most common graphical actions in the OS. CSS transforms can handle most of the graphical animations and redraws.

Combine this with all the other improvements and a faster CPU, and we should see a smooth experience on the phone.
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    No microSD... Remember CLOUD COMPUTING
    I bet you Josh is going to reveal this phone at the Engadget show on the 21. We already know Palm is going to be there.
    uhmmm...Webos 2.0 is most likely dropping in November. Sit tight guys. I'm not buying the Pre 2 either. I'm going to wait for an HP phone. Unless if the phone is greatly improved!
    Quote Originally Posted by falconrap View Post
    Uhh...webOS2.0 is accelerating the most common graphical actions in the OS. CSS transforms can handle most of the graphical animations and redraws.

Combine this with all the other improvements and a faster CPU, and we should see a smooth experience on the phone.
    The difference between accelerating luna and accelerating only the common parts is BIG
    Does the damn thing have a glass screen or not?
    well, I just sent engadget a tip with this story, you think they'll run it?
    iPhone 4s 64gb for personal, at&t Prē 3 for business. Best of both worlds.
    Quote Originally Posted by kill_Dano View Post
    Does the damn thing have a glass screen or not?
    I doubt it
    Global Posts
    483 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fernandez21 View Post
    well, I just sent engadget a tip with this story, you think they'll run it?
    Probably not, but you can always send it to every other tech/gadget site, I bet they would love to run with it. Then they can end their piece with "Should have sent the review unit to us Palm, we wouldn't have screwed up."
    Global Posts
    483 Global Posts
    So, I was hoping against hope I guess. If review units are already out then I will assume this thing comes out in the not-to-distant future. Crossing my fingers for a snap shot of Palm Pre 2 listed in the inventory database, or training material, or something like that at another carrier besides Verizon. I would like this phone I do believe.
    I did notice that Josh from Engadget was asking on Twitter which Twitter client was better on webOS: Tweed or Twee2...later last Friday night, he went with Twee2. Then it dawned on me, he probably has he Pre 2 because he usually uses Twitter for iPhone. Now, these pictures he posted is further proof that he has it!
    The speculation is driving me mad!
    Guess we find out thursday
    Global Posts
    361 Global Posts
    Woooohoooo!

Give me HD video recording and I'll be happy :P
    that would be awesome current video recording can be really horrible in lower light. An hd recording would be nice, but we need more storage. (32 gig)
    Global Posts
    361 Global Posts
    Would be nice if they one up'd and gave people the option for 64GB

Here's to hoping for a Palm Pixi 2 with nearly the same spec. I've been messing around with my GF's Pixi and the keyboard and the one piece hardware (no moving parts) is just more attractive.
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    I'm still hoping for a compass, but doubt that as well. I don't think will have solved the interference with the touchstone magnets and keep that feature for other form factors I guess.

But an autofocus camera and finally an os with all the promisses APIs would open up a lot mor app possibilities.
    I doubt it
    Why?, the leak said it did have a glass screen.
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast