Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 48
  1. reidme's Avatar
    Posts
    372 Posts
    Global Posts
    374 Global Posts
       #1  
    I really hope Sprint gets the Pre 2, especially after being passed over on the Pre Plus, but a likely reason why they will not just occurred to me: because it is not a 4G phone. Sprint is really pushing 4G as the future and it wouldn't surprise me if they have set a policy of not releasing any new smartphones that are not 4G. They did this in the past when they went from 1x to EVDO, they killed some nice phones that were in the pipeline because they weren't 3G. Verizon is still coming out with new 3G smartphones, so they wouldn't have this issue.

    I certainly hope I'm wrong.
  2. #2  
    not only do I think you are wrong, but there are a bunch of threads about this. The opinions are about 50/50 on each view.

    for example:
    http://m.forums.precentral.net/future-palm-devices/265724-according-sprint-rep-palm-pre-2-released-sprint-year-end.html
  3. reidme's Avatar
    Posts
    372 Posts
    Global Posts
    374 Global Posts
       #3  
    Sorry to be redundant. I did do a search, but didn't find this mentioned, not the 3G/4G angle. If you could point me to the threads I'd appreciate it. I hope I'm wrong too! I just remember my disappointment when Sprint killed the Samsung SPH-i550 after I had anticipated it for a long time.
  4. #4  
    personally I think sprint will get the pre1 but it won't be 4G.

    among other reasons, I think they will need a bigger chasis to hold anotjer radio. I als think phone makers don't want to do botj wimax and lte. Sprint screwed up going with wimax because at&t and vzw are both going lte.

    my prediction is sprint will eventually add lte because the are the only wimax network which makes them a niche market to smart phone makers.
  5. #5  
    also, a tip for you is to use the 'new posts' link near the top. That helps you see what threads are trending up with recent post.

    that is often more effective that the anemic search capability on this forum.
  6. reidme's Avatar
    Posts
    372 Posts
    Global Posts
    374 Global Posts
       #6  
    I hope you are right. I want a Pre 2 and I don't want it to be 4G because there is no 4G coverage anywhere I normally go and probably won't be for quite a while. I hate the thought of paying a $10/month premium for something I can't even use.
  7. reidme's Avatar
    Posts
    372 Posts
    Global Posts
    374 Global Posts
       #7  
    ...and thanks for the tip, I had never noticed the 'New Posts' link, duh!
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    also, a tip for you is to use the 'new posts' link near the top. That helps you see what threads are trending up with recent post.

    that is often more effective that the anemic search capability on this forum.
    I find that a google search will frequently work better than the forum search.
  9. #9  
    Sprint has released some Android phones that aren't 4g recently. [as recently as about two weeks ago]

    Transform and Zio are the names.

    So, don't think that'll matter.

    What's being said in this thread: http://forums.precentral.net/cdma-no...-new-post.html

    Is probably more accurate to the reasonings they may not have it or may not rush to carry it first anyway...

    [ignore the title since there is no evidence he can provide]
  10. #10  
    I just wanted to add to this...I just got off the phone with Palm earlier today......First it was mentioned that it will indeed be released to Sprint before the end of the year...I tried not to grill them btw and I let them no the obvius and that is that obviusly they can't spill all the beans for lack of better words...Also one other tidbit which I don't believe was verified is that the device that recently went through the FCC is indeed going to have a glass screen...if I find out more info will definitely share...Palm is a little more reliable than a Sprint rep...
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by ferriskeanu View Post
    I just wanted to add to this...I just got off the phone with Palm earlier today......First it was mentioned that it will indeed be released to Sprint before the end of the year...
    This is great news for the Sprint users on this forum! Thanks for the info!!!
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
  12. #12  
    im sure sprint will pick it up.
  13. #13  
    sprint may pick it up eventually but i wouldnt count on it early on , maybe after its proven better in the hardware department
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  14. #14  
    I feel anyway you cut it every carrier will have a new HP palm device within the next 6 months Hopefully sooner then later. Every major cell phone company will carry the device, and regardless if they choose to push or advertise the new device we all know HP has the money to, and will be (like they have been doing the pre and pixi devices everywhere). As things start to come out (i just posted engadget has a device and states it has a 5mp camera) we will get to the bottom of who will have it, is it worth it, and all the complete specs on it in no time. Lets be patient.
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    sprint may pick it up eventually but i wouldnt count on it early on , maybe after its proven better in the hardware department
    see I dont think that would be the reason Sprint or anyone would not carry the device. Especially if Verizon is on board already to carry it, and we all know out of the 3 companys how Verizon treated their versions. So I think if Sprint, or AT&T decide not to carry it, it will be because of just waiting for a different model, though anything that will bring in more sales ( even on the smallest level from this PRE 2) I'm sure they will carry it. Def with HP now behind Palm devices.
  16. #16  
    im only sayin this after talking to a friend who is in a management position with sprint division/district manager (not sure how they name their positions there) or whatever he runs several stores
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    im only sayin this after talking to a friend who is in a management position with sprint division/district manager (not sure how they name their positions there) or whatever he runs several stores
    I understand that, but at this point its all speculation, and unless someone has reports from someone at sprint who makes the descion on what devices they take and dont take thats all it is. Ask yourself though if its build qualty or populatiry then why would sprint carry a LG Remaq, a samsung Seek, the samsung HD etc these phones dont generate not nearly as much money as a palm product, even a old design upgraded. As well as the build quality and hardware on those devices and others are nothing to gaulk about, so why would sprint still take up shelf room on these type of outdated devices, and even keep bringing in so so devices? So hardware I dont think has nothing to do with sprint selling a potentially high selling device (the original pre still sold more then mostly all of these devices) and a OS that is popular.
  18. #18  
    Respectfully,

    Any claim that isn't backed up by actual facts is meaningless.
  19. #19  
    I know I have posted this before,but here goes again. Verizon rumor says november,,sprint rumor is worded near end of year,,can someone tell me what the differnce is? (retorical).
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by ferriskeanu View Post
    I just wanted to add to this...I just got off the phone with Palm earlier today......First it was mentioned that it will indeed be released to Sprint before the end of the year...I tried not to grill them btw and I let them no the obvius and that is that obviusly they can't spill all the beans for lack of better words...Also one other tidbit which I don't believe was verified is that the device that recently went through the FCC is indeed going to have a glass screen...if I find out more info will definitely share...Palm is a little more reliable than a Sprint rep...
    just so you know... Anyone answering the phone at Palm over the weekend is NOT in a position to know or say what new products are coming. They were probably talkin.g about webOS 2.0

    and they were probably in india. The pre isn't even sold in india.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions